What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOVE THIS FORUM

Bedtime story for BSE:-

A true account from my boring life.

I went to visit a mate in hospital to take some books in to help him pass the time ( remember those). I thought I’d just grab some stuff off the shelf in the back room at home.

I arrive at his bedside at Camperdown and handed them over.

Old mates looking through the titles first, then he pulls one out and exclaims:

“ Oh yeah, thanks...this one will cheer me up all right!”

He showed it to me ....and it was a bloody book on the Titanic!!

I wanted the floor to swallow me up!

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
In hospital at present after my cancer radiation treatment today (Brachytherapy)....being able to read all your comments and opinions on here really helps me get through it and takes my mind off the discomfort etc...so many thanks to all you men and women and my close friends on here for your words of wisdom and banter....just like in 2013 during some dark months you guys were a god send......
And just for a light hearted moment this evening, came out of my surgery op at 7.00 pm was feeling a bit sore, groggy and generally out of it in the recovery room but thought great cant wait to get back to my room and put the Storm v Rabbitohs on that will help.....turned on the tele went through about 5000 channels but no game....buzzed for the nurse to see what she thought was wrong to which she replied doesnt the footy start on Thursday today is only Monday......I really am a dickhead at times.......

All the best for a Speedy Recovery .

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
@Blood Shot Eyes
Mate I hope everything goes well for you, I really do.
If you guys beat us on Sunday I'm gunna be ok because I know you'll feel pretty damn good.
Thanks bbb red and white has always and will always will be my team.....but being a Shire Boy I played for Cronilla / Caringbah and Cronulla RSL many moons ago I still have a soft spot for Cronulla my original home town..cheers and good luck Sunday...well just a bit of good luck

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Bedtime story for BSE:-

A true account from my boring life.

I went to visit a mate in hospital to take some books in to help him pass the time ( remember those). I thought I’d just grab some stuff off the shelf in the back room at home.

I arrive at his bedside at Camperdown and handed them over.

Old mates looking through the titles first, then he pulls one out and exclaims:

“ Oh yeah, thanks...this one will cheer me up all right!”

He showed it to me ....and it was a bloody book on the Titanic!!

I wanted the floor to swallow me up!
Lol...thats funny bud..luckily Im not sunk yet

Lol...thats funny bud..luckily Im not sunk yet

I know a nurse admin and without bullshitting, she has told me stories of the odd miracle. She was in the spinal ward.

Hopefully you won’t need one!

But as you know, as soon as there’s a miracle, then afterwards you are in and out of hospital with the doctors trying to figure out what happened. So there’s a bunch of people out there getting tested voluntarily to help other folk. It can go on for years!

It’s not without its faults, but we have one of the best medical systems in the world and we need to keep it intact and whether you’re public or private, it’s there for everyone. It’s critical.

I hope Hook pays you a visit and consults you on the interchange!

Last edited: