What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower grade reports

ali

Bench
Premier League were pretty good. Caine scored a genuine hatrick, by getting the first 3 trys of the game. A shame he couldn't get one after the CSSC turned up. Anyway they are playing well, IMO on the back on a pretty decent forward pack. I like the look of Selmes and our bench forwards are no worse than the starters.

As for Flegg, well they were ordinary, but I wont roast them as there were a fair few Kiwis on crutches in the ET stand. I think they are missing both the wingers from the trial i saw, as well as a couple of forwards, and maybe even another 1 or 2 back up outside backs. Our centres in Moke and Maori looked good. Star Timani up front is massive, but unfortunately softer than David Simmons. To'o To'o trys very hard at half and it looked like Raper had him playing a Kimmorley like game. Unfortunately IMO neither him or Brackin Henry are overly talented. Mitch Brown tried hard, and even did a few hitups forward style. Newcastle were awesome, and even at full strength I think we may struggle to compete with them.

Macca

Coach
ali said:
Caine scored a genuine hatrick, by getting the first 3 trys of the game. A shame he couldn't get one after the CSSC turned up.

Don't blame us. Actually it was 8-6 when we walked in. Then all of a sudden it was 20-6. We're good luck.

Inferno

Coach
imasharkie said:
Don't know how Ciraldo is going to get back to 1st grade after the win last night, maybe with the injury to Hutch he might get a call up. IMO he's a first grader.

Ciraldo won't replace Hutch but I think he could get a game if Bird is injured or loses form.

SirShire

First Grade
Macca said:
Don't blame us. Actually it was 8-6 when we walked in. Then all of a sudden it was 20-6. We're good luck.

He loves us, he told us all last night.

I want to boof the guy. Send him to 1sts!

Joes Milk Bar

Juniors
ali said:
Premier League were pretty good. Caine scored a genuine hatrick, by getting the first 3 trys of the game. A shame he couldn't get one after the CSSC turned up. Anyway they are playing well, IMO on the back on a pretty decent forward pack. I like the look of Selmes and our bench forwards are no worse than the starters.

As for Flegg, well they were ordinary, but I wont roast them as there were a fair few Kiwis on crutches in the ET stand. I think they are missing both the wingers from the trial i saw, as well as a couple of forwards, and maybe even another 1 or 2 back up outside backs. Our centres in Moke and Maori looked good. Star Timani up front is massive, but unfortunately softer than David Simmons. To'o To'o trys very hard at half and it looked like Raper had him playing a Kimmorley like game. Unfortunately IMO neither him or Brackin Henry are overly talented. Mitch Brown tried hard, and even did a few hitups forward style. Newcastle were awesome, and even at full strength I think we may struggle to compete with them.
agree with nearly all that. brown threw one shocker of a pass on a kick return that caused a try. To'o To'o could come good I think with more games. He has the athleticism, a nice pass and appears very confident based on the amount of yelling he does. i wouldn't call Star soft (well certainly not to his face) he is just extremely slow-moving, like galloway on valium. moke was the best of a bad lot. he can pass to his winger (lhuede for a try), put him in firsts.

in pl, laiseni is a worry fielding kicks. pomeroy gets up clutching most of the time. made a good line break with about 10 minutes left. hilder did little from what i saw. beau scott was a class above. one try himself and two for dane nielsen. pl do moves from scrums and taps. :shock:

Inferno

Coach
Joes Milk Bar said:
agree with nearly all that. brown threw one shocker of a pass on a kick return that caused a try. To'o To'o could come good I think with more games. He has the athleticism, a nice pass and appears very confident based on the amount of yelling he does. i wouldn't call Star soft (well certainly not to his face) he is just extremely slow-moving, like galloway on valium. moke was the best of a bad lot. he can pass to his winger (lhuede for a try), put him in firsts.

in pl, laiseni is a worry fielding kicks. pomeroy gets up clutching most of the time. made a good line break with about 10 minutes left. hilder did little from what i saw. beau scott was a class above. one try himself and two for dane nielsen. pl do moves from scrums and taps. :shock:

well perhaps the person that needs to be called up next is the coach.

ali

Bench
Joes Milk Bar said:

I had forgotten about Brown's pass, what a shocker. If anyone had done that in first grade, they would be crucified on here for the rest of the season. He'd tried to pass left to right to his right winger, and buggered it up royally. The Newcastle chasers got to the ball first and ran through and scored. I hate to imagine what it would be like in here if Simmo had done that in first grade.

ali

Bench
From looking at old big leagues, 2 of the players missing in Flegg were Matt Refferty and Travis Robinson. Rafferty was on crutches along with a couple of Kiwis.

shaggs

Coach
robinson done his ankle against newtown and raftery did his knee and had reco before the first round. easily the best two flegg players.

Latest posts