What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower Grade Scores please

Hellsy

Immortal
Twizzle said:
Reddy try, Burt Goal 18-0

John Williams hammered taken from field spewing

Twizzle said:
Muzza try, Burt goal from the sideline

He is playing great, and some thing about being up Aaron's Tunnel

sorry,................hang on..............

Aaron Wood up the tunnell after a nasty head clash

24 zip
Hey Hey Hey!!!!
Was just telling it like I saw it.

Johnny was actually spewing up blood, he was HAMMERED!

Y2Eel said:
cheers Hellsy:thumb

My pleasure

James_Hardie

Juniors
That was the most intense i have ever seen an Eels Jersey Flegg side they were awesome. Hodkinson had a few quite periods where he didn't get involved, but he certainly stepped up when needed.

Ressies were a bit off their game. Joel was definately MOM but i sometimes think that things he does well in ressies, are things he wouldn't get away with in first grade, hence the trouble having a big impact in first grade.

Inu: that kid just plays to have fun, you can see it in him the way he is always smiling. but a good decision not play him in firsts (as was vindicated by the result), he got stood up three times in the first 30 minutes by Tighe before Tighe got injured tackling a goal post.

And Hagan was there for all three grades, and watched them pretty closely. Moved around in his seat when Blake scored his solo try in the first half of ressies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
Inu: that kid just plays to have fun, you can see it in him the way he is always smiling. but a good decision not play him in firsts (as was vindicated by the result), he got stood up three times in the first 30 minutes by Tighe before Tighe got injured tackling a goal post.

that's a part of Inu's game that concerns me the most and hope that he could fix that up by the start of next season.

by the way, I saw him just before the game heading to the sheds from the warm up and he was virtually dancing to the music blaring from the speakers, he certainly loves life.

The Colonel

Immortal
Flegg was a fantastic game. The Flegg boys were down on size but played with plenty of heart against a side that had been unbeaten all season. Deservedly so Trent HODKINSON (no G) was Players player. Happy to hear that he has re-signed.

PL - while I didn't see as much of the game as I would have like my special mention is to No. 18 on the night Brendan Oake. 10 weeks out, played exceptionally well and was given Players player award. Considering the PL bench was down to two players for much of the game they did very very well.

You can tell Oake has some ball skills .... on a few occasions he should have let the ball go. But u can tell that he is a ball playing forward.

Just on INU's defence he got caught out of position once when he had his back turned and tighe ran through. He defence is usually spot on probably the best in the club in that position. His tackling technique is excellent.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
You can tell Oake has some ball skills .... on a few occasions he should have let the ball go. But u can tell that he is a ball playing forward.

I made the bold prediction on Saturday night that Oake, given a good run without injury, could be the player to replace Morrison long term. He is a good strong player and can do a fair bit with the ball.

The boys were bagging him back at the pub on Saturday night for not passing the ball but mostly in jest. Is in contract negotiations which will hopefully be positive for him and the club.