What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowes view on Yawnion

JJ

Immortal
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
But he would be first winger picked in any side in either code. You know it and I know it.

he certainly wouldn't be the first winger picked in union - not by a long shot

I pretty much agree with salivor - but Carter would be fine... he'd quickly be an upgrade on most 5/8 or centres in the NRL

Actually, I made a blue, Harris came straight from the Waratahs, I'm not sure of he playerd for the Wallabies.

JJ, Carter would be be a gun Premier League player in two or three seasons. He would be, with help, the next Matt Gafa.

Nothing more.

I don't watch a lot of Union, in fact, the last Union Test I watched was a couple of years ago and Tuqiri was pretty much the only attacking player in the Australian side. He was also damaging in defence, hitting blokes much bigger than him with ferocity, the same ferocity he learned in League.

He is a phenomenal Winger. If he played on the end of a decent backline, like he last did in 2002, there would be no argument at all.

He would be first picked.

Sanchez

Coach
your right about not watching much union lately cause if you had you would know carter would be up there with lockyer and johns easy. you have no idea. its not an issue of what game he plays its an issue of his skill set.and his skill set is tremendous.80%+ goal kicking strong runner and tackler, vision, passing al skills vital to both games

retard

Juniors
salivor said:
They've got some fast and agile wingers who would go well, particularly with league having a shortage in this area but my argument earlier was that at the very elite level of player, league outshines union incredibly.

When Dan Carter with a few trick kicks in his bag that most league halves these days also have is their best to offer then yes there are doubts. Let's see Carter run a league backline which is far more complex in terms of players in motion and decoys than a union backline. Let's see him function when he's up against a full defensive line and not one where half of the defenders are at the bottom of a ruck. Let's see Dan Carter lift a band of nuffies like Johns has the ability to do.

Didn't the mecurial Lavea play in the complex NRL?

Green Machine

First Grade
I hope this threat does not get onto All Blacks who have had their names suppressed in the courts for domestic problems

sanchez moreno said:
your right about not watching much union lately cause if you had you would know carter would be up there with lockyer and johns easy. you have no idea. its not an issue of what game he plays its an issue of his skill set.and his skill set is tremendous.80%+ goal kicking strong runner and tackler, vision, passing al skills vital to both games

Carter is a nuffy because he plays Union. If he looks good there it's because he plays against Union players.

Stick him in the NRL and he'd be cannon fodder. He'd be shown up by all and sundry.

JJ

Immortal
[/QUOTE]
salivor said:
And looked damn average.

rookie of the year?

he's looked average in union, as has Sailor

Rogers hasn't been much better, Tuquiri has been decent but way behind the AB wingers

Sanchez

Coach
Carter is a nuffy because he plays Union. If he looks good there it's because he plays against Union players.

Stick him in the NRL and he'd be cannon fodder. He'd be shown up by all and sundry.

youve got no idea. he would blitz every1

JJ

Immortal

you have no f**king idea

Brett Finch is a nuffy and played SOO this year

Nathan Fien is a nuffy and has played origin

Phil Bailey is a nuffy and has played for the Roos

Jeremy Smith is a nuffy and was a key part of the Eels resurgence

John Morris, Shane Perry, Cooper Cronk, Travis Burns, etc etc - not fit to lace Carter's boots

STSAE

Juniors
This may be a little off topic.

But has anyone seen a kids game of Union??

I saw an U10s game recently and absolutly was blown away.

No they werent any good or anything, they dont TACKLE.

2 handed touch. No rucks or scrums.

I am still stunned. I dont know how long they do this for but I now know why they cant TACKLE.

Anyone else seen this?????

LMFAO@YAWNION.

:D :D

Sanchez

Coach
JJ said:
you have no f**king idea

Brett Finch is a nuffy and played SOO this year

Nathan Fien is a nuffy and has played origin

Phil Bailey is a nuffy and has played for the Roos

Jeremy Smith is a nuffy and was a key part of the Eels resurgence

John Morris, Shane Perry, Cooper Cronk, Travis Burns, etc etc - not fit to lace Carter's boots

totally agree

Latest posts