What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers all time 17 Team. Final Result.

Pomoz

Bench
Sparkles McGraw followed closely by Trevor "the axe" Gilmeister. When I say "axe" what I meant to say was "the spatula". To be fair, he was slightly less forceful than even that. Ok Trevor "the teaspoon" Gilmiester.

Sparkles, was more like that stuff you paint on surfaces to absorb light, Vantablack. I always assumed his nickname was ironic, or his Mum was a cleaner. Dunno.

Sparkles McGraw followed closely by Trevor "the axe" Gilmeister. When I say "axe" what I meant to say was "the spatula". To be fair, he was slightly less forceful than even that. Ok Trevor "the teaspoon" Gilmiester.

Sparkles, was more like that stuff you paint on surfaces to absorb light, Vantablack. I always assumed his nickname was ironic, or his Mum was a cleaner. Dunno.
Trevor ‘the McDonalds milkshake straw after your 10 year old has been sucking on it for an hour’ Gilmiester.

JJ

Immortal
Why are you not a Penrith fan anymore?
They remain my second team - but two things changed for me - first I am a Kiwi and the Warriors came about, and second although both teams went that way, Super League really didn't resonate with me - then I had kids, and the reality is we had to support and see our local team... but I think the current achievements are amazing, and I've never had as much emotion watching a game as the 91 grand final - it was epic for what was imo your first dynasty albeit cruelly cut short, the end of Roycie's career, and Harrigan seemingly doing what he could to get Canberra across the line, Canberra were brave and beaten up, true, but so were Penrith - Cartwright, Geyer and Izzard played with significant injuries, two of them didn't start (Hos and Izzard) as I recall with Col Bentley and Barry Walker doing a great job... anyway, enough reminiscing

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Richie Williams, Arana (rotten tomato) Taumata, Brendan Worth, Brett Firman, Daine Laurie (the forward) Adam Woolnough, Joe Williams, Buddy Gordon, Timana Tahu, Adrian Purtell.
All bums that were signed by Elliott and Leary.
I am glad that era is over.
Matty Elliott, signed by the Warriors in a grand announcement, lol, went well - jeez the guy can talk a good game though

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Purts is the heart attack recovering GOAT. Wash your mouth out.

Joe Williams got scapegoated by the club like I’ve never seen happen before. One game wasn’t it?

All names mentioned had (bits of) talent in fairness. Just having them all in the one place, at the same time, was peak penny panthers.

From memory Joe Williams was off to France after no one wanted him. Then we signed him after he went on a hot streak with Souffs.
I think he played half a game for us? He did something stupid and got hooked at HT?
A few weeks later he was shipped of to the Dogs.

Last edited:

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Matty Elliott, signed by the Warriors in a grand announcement, lol, went well - jeez the guy can talk a good game though

He had a way with words. He talked his way out of getting sacked by us in 2008.
Thankfully a bull shitter in Gould saw through him.
I couldn't believe he got another gig after us.

Whino

Bench
Elliott was the worst coach this club ever had. He destroyed careers of our juniors and almost bought down the club. Wade Graham and Coote were lucky to get away from him.

Whino

Bench
Nathan Smith use to cop it for years on here. Then people worked out how shit everyone else was. Then Smith's mediocrity wasn't that bad.

Last edited:

The yak

Juniors
Elliott was the worst coach this club ever had. He destroyed careers of our juniors and almost bought down the club. Wade Graham and Coote were lucky to get away from him.

Stacker, Peard and Parish probably feature in this category. None had the resources Elliott had here though.

Peard had a talented roster at Parramatta in 1980 and did bugger all with it from memory.
He was hopeless as Origin coach too.

Latest posts