What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year

TheFrog

Coach
Edwards 7
MWZ 6
Whare 6
Blake 7
DWZ 7
Maloney 8
Cleary 6
Tamou 7
Katoa 6
Leota 6
Fisher-Harris 8
Yeo 7
Sele 6
Campbell-Gillard 8
Egan 6
Winterstein 7
Hetherington 5

mxlegend99

Referee
Anyone rating Jimmy ahead of Cleary didn't watch the whole game. Jimmy had great moments. But he was beyond bad most of that gsme.

Jimmy gave away 4 penalties. Kicked the ball dead 3 times and had 0 tryassists or linebreak assists. He had some epic tackles at the end... but ffs he was our worst for most of that game too. No idea how he gets rated on a different scale.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Edwards - 6
MWZ - 6
Whare - 6
Blake - 7
DWZ - 7
Maloney - 6
Cleary - 7
Tamou - 8
Katoa - 6
Leota - 6
Fisher-Harris - 8
Yeo - 7
Sele - 7

Campbell-Gillard - 8
Egan - 5
Winterstein - 6
Hetherington - 4

Most peased with RCG personally. Easily ourmost improved. Worst forward to arguably our best. Although considering he's paid asour best. Its merely acceptable rather than impressive.

Pomoz

Bench
Edwards 7
MWZ 6
Whare 6
Blake 7
DWZ 7
Maloney 8
Cleary 6
Tamou 7.5
Katoa 6
Leota 6
Fisher-Harris 7.5
Yeo 7
Sele 6
Campbell-Gillard 8
Egan 5
Winterstein 7
Hetherington 5

Black Magik

Juniors
Edwards 7
MWZ 6
Whare 5
Blake 6
DWZ 6
Maloney 8
Cleary 6
Tamou 8
Katoa 6
Leota 6
Fisher-Harris 7
Yeo 7
Sele 6
Campbell-Gillard 8
Egan 5
Winterstein 6
Hetherington 5

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards - 6
MWZ - 6
Whare - 6
Blake - 7
DWZ - 7
Maloney - 6
Cleary - 7
Tamou - 8
Katoa - 6
Leota - 6
Fisher-Harris - 8
Yeo - 7
Sele - 7

Campbell-Gillard - 8
Egan - 5
Winterstein - 6
Hetherington - 4

Most peased with RCG personally. Easily ourmost improved. Worst forward to arguably our best. Although considering he's paid asour best. Its merely acceptable rather than impressive.

That pass for JFH try is more of what Cleary needs to do. Off the cuff stuff. A few dodgy kicks but no penalties like Maloney

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Anyone rating Jimmy ahead of Cleary didn't watch the whole game. Jimmy had great moments. But he was beyond bad most of that gsme.

Jimmy gave away 4 penalties. Kicked the ball dead 3 times and had 0 tryassists or linebreak assists. He had some epic tackles at the end... but ffs he was our worst for most of that game too. No idea how he gets rated on a different scale.
He came up with big plays to win the game when it mattered. Stats don't tell the whole story you can't solely rely on them. According to stats Ash Taylor had the 2nd most try assists last year (behind JT) so he's the best half in the NRL now if you go by stats but nobody sane believes that.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Here is my assessment:

Edwards 7- much improved and hopefully getting back to his best.
MWZ 6 - sorry to say we didn't miss Mansour
Whare 6- solid
Blake 7
DWZ 6
Maloney 7- rocks and diamonds again
Cleary 6 - still not convinced he is over the ankle injury
Tamou 8- great start to the season
Katoa 7 - firming as our starting hooker
Leota 6
Fisher-Harris 8- great game
Yeo 7- knocked out twice in a week but still scored a try
Sele 6
Campbell-Gillard 8- great improvement lets hope it continues
Egan 6
Winterstein 7- good first game for us, a good buy
Hetherington 5

soc123_au

Staff member
Edwards - 7
MWZ - 6
Whare - 5
Blake - 7
DWZ - 7
Maloney - 6
Cleary - 7
Tamou - 8
Katoa - 7
Leota - 6
Fisher-Harris - 8
Yeo - 7
Sele - 7

Campbell-Gillard - 8
Egan - 5
Winterstein - 7
Hetherington - 4

Fangs

Coach
Edwards - 7
MWZ - 6
Whare - 5
Blake - 5
DWZ - 6
Maloney - 9
Cleary - 7
Tamou - 9
Katoa - 7
Leota - 7
Fisher-Harris - 8
Yeo - 8
Sele - 7

Campbell-Gillard - 8
Egan - 6
Winterstein - 7
Hetherington - 5

Quiet day for our centres. Again thought the back 5 were collectively average. Though Edwards was safe as usual.

I find it hard to take marks off Maloney as he was basically the man, again. Those efforts in defence were special. And that kind of defence is exactly the way he started 2018.

Good game from Cleary, a few nice touches. We look better when he takes a back seat.

Good to see the old RCG back but Tamou backed up with another great performance. Forward pack were great.

Panfa

Juniors
Edwards 6=solid but for mine still brings the ball back too slow malakai 7=ran the ball strongly taking pressure off our forwards and that tap back for the try was brilliant whare =5 once again never in the game fumbles a few balls 2 poor games blake =6 some strong runs again needs to see more early ball dallin =6 a few mistakes but did get our sets going with some strong runs maloney =6 poor discipline and high shots made up for it with try saving tackle on edrick lee and hit on watson cleary 6 =nice ball for fisher harris try defended well but kicking game woeful sele 5= put us under pressure early on with dumb penalties tackled well but yeo= 7 great effort from yeo to come back from injury and score the match winner i thought he was gone fisher harris =8 without a doubt our best forward yesterday his runs and defence were awesome great 1st try leota =5 seems to be struggling with injury not going as good as last season will get better with each week katoa 6= was good without being brilliant he can only improve tamou =7 another strong game from james he should be playing like that week in week out on his wages egan = 6 was solid again he didnt get too much game time nice grubber to get a repeat set late in the game winterstein =7 scored a try by being alert ran with purpose and tackled strongly great bargain buy frank campbell gillard =8 best game from campbell gillard since the bronco semi final at suncorp need that each week hetherington 6= limited game time but he did nothing wrong and hasnt been sin binned this yr so going good

Abacus

Juniors
Edwards 6=solid but for mine still brings the ball back too slow malakai 7=ran the ball strongly taking pressure off our forwards and that tap back for the try was brilliant whare =5 once again never in the game fumbles a few balls 2 poor games blake =6 some strong runs again needs to see more early ball dallin =6 a few mistakes but did get our sets going with some strong runs maloney =6 poor discipline and high shots made up for it with try saving tackle on edrick lee and hit on watson cleary 6 =nice ball for fisher harris try defended well but kicking game woeful sele 5= put us under pressure early on with dumb penalties tackled well but yeo= 7 great effort from yeo to come back from injury and score the match winner i thought he was gone fisher harris =8 without a doubt our best forward yesterday his runs and defence were awesome great 1st try leota =5 seems to be struggling with injury not going as good as last season will get better with each week katoa 6= was good without being brilliant he can only improve tamou =7 another strong game from james he should be playing like that week in week out on his wages egan = 6 was solid again he didnt get too much game time nice grubber to get a repeat set late in the game winterstein =7 scored a try by being alert ran with purpose and tackled strongly great bargain buy frank campbell gillard =8 best game from campbell gillard since the bronco semi final at suncorp need that each week hetherington 6= limited game time but he did nothing wrong and hasnt been sin binned this yr so going good
No offence Panfa, but no way I can read all that without a few line breaks. There might be some stuff worth reading but I'm enjoying a Sunday red wine and f**ked if I can focus through it all.

Would it kill you to use the enter/return key occasionally - even if its just to keep us guessing?

Pomoz

Bench
Kicking game woeful? 3 goal line drop outs and a fourth created with his close 40/20 kick.

Pomoz

Bench
Edwards 6=solid but for mine still brings the ball back too slow
malakai 7=ran the ball strongly taking pressure off our forwards and that tap back for the try was brilliant whare =5 once again never in the game fumbles a few balls 2 poor games
blake =6 some strong runs again needs to see more early ball
dallin =6 a few mistakes but did get our sets going with some strong runs
maloney =6 poor discipline and high shots made up for it with try saving tackle on edrick lee and hit on watson
cleary 6 =nice ball for fisher harris try defended well but kicking game woeful
sele 5= put us under pressure early on with dumb penalties tackled well but
yeo= 7 great effort from yeo to come back from injury and score the match winner i thought he was gone fisher
harris =8 without a doubt our best forward yesterday his runs and defence were awesome great 1st try leota =5 seems to be struggling with injury not going as good as last season will get better with each week
katoa 6= was good without being brilliant he can only improve
tamou =7 another strong game from james he should be playing like that week in week out on his wages egan = 6 was solid again he didnt get too much game time nice grubber to get a repeat set late in the game
winterstein =7 scored a try by being alert ran with purpose and tackled strongly great bargain buy frank campbell gillard =8 best game from campbell gillard since the bronco semi final at suncorp need that each week
hetherington 6= limited game time but he did nothing wrong and hasnt been sin binned this yr so going good
Here it is. No problem Panfa.

malakai 7=ran the ball strongly taking pressure off our forwards and that tap back for the try was brilliant whare =5 once again never in the game fumbles a few balls 2 poor games
maloney =6 poor discipline and high shots made up for it with try saving tackle on edrick lee and hit on watson
yeo= 7 great effort from yeo to come back from injury and score the match winner i thought he was gone fisher
harris =8 without a doubt our best forward yesterday his runs and defence were awesome great 1st try
leota =5 seems to be struggling with injury not going as good as last season will get better with each week
tamou =7 another strong game from james he should be playing like that week in week out on his wages
egan = 6 was solid again he didnt get too much game time nice grubber to get a repeat set late in the game
winterstein =7 scored a try by being alert ran with purpose and tackled strongly great bargain buy frank campbell gillard =8 best game from campbell gillard since the bronco semi final at suncorp need that each week
hetherington 6= limited game time but he did nothing wrong and hasnt been sin binned this yr so going good

Pomoz

Bench
A couple of points:
  • I feel your pain. It is hard to read numbers all done in different formats and mixed with words. May I suggest you post the team in the correct format and order you would like at the start of each rounds team announcement so it is entered in the same format by everybody.
  • Should we put commentary in the ratings? What is the game discussion for. We now have two places to go to to see comments on the game and it stops the discussion flowing freely and makes it hard for Abacus. At least put the comments at the bottom of all the ratings if we agree comments are fine.

TheFrog

Coach
Here it is. No problem Panfa.

harris =8 without a doubt our best forward yesterday his runs and defence were awesome great 1st try
leota =5 seems to be struggling with injury not going as good as last season will get better with each week
tamou =7 another strong game from james he should be playing like that week in week out on his wages
egan = 6 was solid again he didnt get too much game time nice grubber to get a repeat set late in the game
This is Panfa's ratings made easier to read, and not Pomoz's ratings which are identical? Am I right?

Latest posts