What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year

TheFrog

Coach
Round 3 Average Ratings

Edwards 1.2
Mansour 4.7
Whare 4.6
Blake 5.1
DWZ 4.7
Maloney 5.3
Cleary 4.2
Tamou 5.6
Katoa 4.2
Leota 4.4
Sele 5.2
Winterstein 4.1
Fisher-Harris 5.3
Egan 4.9
Campbell-Gillard 4.4
Fuimaiono 3.6
Martin 4.9

Standings (I’ve eliminated the decimal and made it a whole number)

Tamou 215 (3)
Fisher-Harris 195 (3)
Maloney 190 (3)
RCG 173 (3)
Blake 164 (3)
Egan 163 (3)
Leota 162 (3)
Cleary 159 (3)
Sele 156 (3)
DWZ 153 (3)
Whare 149 (3)
Yeo 127 (2)
Edwards 120 (3)
Winterstein 112 (2)
Katoa 106 (2)
Hetherington 98 (2)
Fuimaiono 84 (2)
Mansour 82 (2)
MWZ 65 (1)
Luai 53 (1)
Martin 49 (1)

Fangs

Coach
I'll go first please.

Edwards 2 (Sorry kid, you need a spell)
Mansour 7 (Good touches second half)
Whare 6
Blake 6
DWZ 5.5
Maloney 5
Cleary 8 (Our MOM)
Tamou 7
Katoa - 4.5 (Ouch)
Campbell-Gillard 6
Yeo 6
Winterstein 3 (Didn't feature)
Fisher-Harris 6.5

Egan 3 (Double-ouch)0
Leota 7.5 (Inspired)
Kikau 7.5 (Menancing defence, bad ball in attack)
Sele 7

age.s

First Grade
Edwards 4
Mansour 5
Whare 5
Blake 6
DWZ 6
Maloney 6
Cleary 8
Tamou 6
Katoa 5
RCG 5
Kikau 7
Yeo 6
JFH 7

Egan 5
Winterstein 3
Leota 6
Sele 7

mxlegend99

Referee
Edwards 3 (would have been 0 if not for that try)
Mansour 6 (improved alot that second half)
Whare 5
Blake 6
DWZ 6
Maloney 6
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Katoa 3
RCG 6
Kikau 7
Yeo 6
JFH 7

Egan 3
Winterstein 3
Leota 6
Sele 7

TheFrog

Coach
Edwards 5
Mansour 6
Whare 6
Blake 6
DWZ 6
Maloney 6
Cleary 7
Tamou 6
Katoa 4
RCG 5
Winterstein 3
Yeo 6
JFH 8

Kikau 7
Egan 5
Leota 7
Sele 7

Last edited:

Flashstep

Juniors
Edwards 2
Mansour 6
Whare 5
Blake 5
DWZ 5
Maloney 6
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Katoa 4
RCG 4
Winterstein 3
Yeo 6
JFH 8

Kikau 7
Egan 6
Leota 6
Sele 7

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Edwards 5
Mansour 6
Whare 6
Blake 6
DWZ 6
Maloney 6
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Katoa 5
RCG 6
Winterstein 4
Yeo 7
JFH 8

Kikau 7
Egan 5
Leota 7
Sele 7

Black Magik

Juniors
Edwards 3
Mansour 5
Whare 4
Blake 6
DWZ 6
Maloney 6
Cleary 6
Tamou 6
Katoa 6
RCG 5
Kikau 7
Yeo 6
JFH 8

Egan 5
Winterstein 3
Leota 6
Sele 7

Abacus

Juniors
Jesus Christ Katoa getting scapegoated hard by you blokes. His game was a solid 7 out of 10
I think Egan is the better option long term, but how he's getting more than a 3 or 4 from last night is beyond me. He only played 15 minutes!

TheFrog

Coach
I think we're all guilty of bringing in pre-conceptions. Even the experts who allocate the Dally M points do it, far more than us in fact.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Edwards 3 (would have been 0 if not for that try)
Mansour 6 (improved alot that second half)
Whare 5
Blake 6
DWZ 6
Maloney 6
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Katoa 3
RCG 6
Kikau 7
Yeo 6
JFH 7

Egan 3
Winterstein 3
Leota 6
Sele 7

Katoa gets a 3... really, and you called me a F%%kwit. With every post you really do show how little you know about Rugby League.

You truely are clueless.

The Realist

Juniors
Katoa gets a 3... really, and you called me a F%%kwit. With every post you really do show how little you know about Rugby League.

You truely are clueless.

Luke, no need to get nasty mate. Mx gets a lot of things right, but currently he is stuck in the mindset of Katoa sucks scapegoating and in this forum (and the facebook fan page) this is a popular mindset.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Luke, no need to get nasty mate. Mx gets a lot of things right, but currently he is stuck in the mindset of Katoa sucks scapegoating and in this forum (and the facebook fan page) this is a popular mindset.

Nasty.... he called me a F$&kwit and I’m being nasty? Hmmmmm

mxlegend99

Referee

You truely are clueless.
His service from dummy half is below average standard for an NRL hooker. Pretty big flaw for a hooker to have. A bunch of people gave him 4's aswell. You going to cry about that too?

I mean he could've been called for more forward passes than he was if touchies were doing their jobs.

If anything i probably scored players too high for what was ultimately as terrible performance. If our forward pass in golden point was called and we lost. Those scores would be a hell of a lot lower from me and most others.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
His service from dummy half is below average standard for an NRL hooker. Pretty big flaw for a hooker to have. A bunch of people gave him 4's aswell. You going to cry about that too?

I mean he could've been called for more forward passes than he was if touchies were doing their jobs.

If anything i probably scored players too high for what was ultimately as terrible performance. If our forward pass in golden point was called and we lost. Those scores would be a hell of a lot lower from me and most others.

53 tackles, 1error and what should have been a try assist and you give him a 3.

The same score that you gave a player who only played 8mins.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
The Tronalds ratings

Edwards 4
Mansour 6
Whare 6
Blake 6
DWZ 6
Maloney 6
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Katoa 4
RCG 5
Winterstein 3
Yeo 6
JFH 8

Kikau 7
Egan 5
Leota 7
Sele 7

mxlegend99

Referee
53 tackles, 1error and what should have been a try assist and you give him a 3.

The same score that you gave a player who only played 8mins.
Other people rated Egan higher than Katoa. Many rated him equal with Katoa too.

Katoa 5

Egan 5

Katoa 4

Egan 6

Katoa 4
Egan 5

Katoa 5

Egan 5

Apparently Im not alone in thinking there was f**k all difference between the two. Or that Egan was average.

Im normally one of the guys happy to jump on the bandwagon of our junior players. But all I see is another Masada Iosefa. Only luckier not to have a decent hooker fighting him for a spot.

age.s

First Grade
Fwiw I though Katoa had an ordinary game. One forward pass, a few more that should have been called but weren't. A few bad passes including a shocker in the first half. He passed reasonably well other than that, but never really threatened to engage the markers and as such failed to get the forwards rolling. Defended ok like most of the team. 5 seemed fair.

Thought Egan looked good in his short time. There were a couple of sets where he got us looking more dangerous than we'd been all game. Also passed well but actually engaged the markers on occasion. Just thought he looked more dangerous. I can certainly see the argument that I have him a point too high given he didn't spend long on the field though.

I say all that as someone who's generally been on the Katoa train.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Other people rated Egan higher than Katoa. Many rated him equal with Katoa too.

Apparently Im not alone in thinking there was f**k all difference between the two. Or that Egan was average.

Im normally one of the guys happy to jump on the bandwagon of our junior players. But all I see is another Masada Iosefa. Only luckier not to have a decent hooker fighting him for a spot.

2 things.

They are also wrong. He was A solid 6 pushing a 7. Easy. 53 tackles alone should give you an automatic 5 at least.

Those people didn’t call me a F$&kwit for suggesting that our hookers aren’t the reason we losing. So, you have drawn my attention.