What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU players awards.

Collateral

Coach
Who would you give the awards to of: MVP, Rookie of the year, Most Improved and Most Underrated player?

MVP: Ben Creagh - Played every game this year and had his best year by far. Also one of our best players in most games he played.

Rookie Of The Year: Josh Morris - A player of the future with great attack and defence. Will be great to see him play alongside his brother next year.

Most Improved: Beau Scott - Came to the Dragons from the Sharks after having a average season out in the centres. Played Second Row for the Dragons very well. One of our best for the year.

Most Underrated: Ricky Thorby - Limited game time and a smallish frame for a foward. Came our and gave nothing short of 110% every minute he played and did well.

drake

First Grade
MVP: Ben Creagh - Does any Saints fan need an explanation? Daylight, then Rangi and Soward.

Rookie Of The Year: Florence - not the fastest, most agile etc... bloke has a heart and a set of balls to make a stallion jealous.

Most Improved: Beau Scott - Went from a centre cursed and hated by Scum fans to a hard hitting and quick back rower.
Most Underrated: Adam Peek - old bugger, budget buy, did his job better than I ever expected.

dragonfire

Bench
MVP: Creagh
Rookie: Tie for me between Morris and Nightingale
Improved: Scott definitely
Underrated: Agree with Drake, Peek was a great signing and excellent off the bench this season
Future stars: Stanley and Chase
Worst: Mad pup and Williams
Most disappointing: Head and Young injuries

God-King Dean

Immortal
drake said:
MVP: Ben Creagh - Does any Saints fan need an explanation? Daylight, then Rangi and Soward.

Rookie Of The Year: Florence - not the fastest, most agile etc... bloke has a heart and a set of balls to make a stallion jealous.

Most Improved: Beau Scott - Went from a centre cursed and hated by Scum fans to a hard hitting and quick back rower.
Most Underrated: Adam Peek - old bugger, budget buy, did his job better than I ever expected.

What the old dude said.

Dragooner

Bench
MVP: Ben Creagh - honestly no more needs to be said...has had a great year and at times has been the only 'experienced' player to give it everything he's got and does that week in, week out.

Rookie of the Year: Jason 'Florence' Nightingale - This kid has a bright future ahead of him. Is excellent under the high ball and most say he isn't that quick...you guys haven't seen him sprint!

Most Improved: Beau Scott - showed that he is a player that is better than the scum by playing his heart out every game.

Most Underrated: Adam Peek - I expected him to be a depth buy just incase but he turned out to be the bloke that would do his job week in, week out without muttering a word.

Most dissapointing: Mark Gasnier - Really unfair against him I know, but with his injury and then playing sh*t at 5/8...had a poor year but was showing some great stuff when moved back to centre...bring on 08 for gaz!

Most Overrated: Luke MacDougall - Expected to be a winger that would break into and hold his spot in the first team only to be outdone by kids who are barely 20.

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Saint Dragon said:
MVP: Ben Creagh - honestly no more needs to be said...has had a great year and at times has been the only 'experienced' player to give it everything he's got and does that week in, week out.

Rookie of the Year: Jason 'Florence' Nightingale - This kid has a bright future ahead of him. Is excellent under the high ball and most say he isn't that quick...you guys haven't seen him sprint!

Most Improved: Beau Scott - showed that he is a player that is better than the scum by playing his heart out every game.

Most Underrated: Adam Peek - I expected him to be a depth buy just incase but he turned out to be the bloke that would do his job week in, week out without muttering a word.

Most dissapointing: Mark Gasnier - Really unfair against him I know, but with his injury and then playing sh*t at 5/8...had a poor year but was showing some great stuff when moved back to centre...bring on 08 for gaz!

Most Overrated: Luke MacDougall - Expected to be a winger that would break into and hold his spot in the first team only to be outdone by kids who are barely 20.

Agree completely

RedVGooner

Juniors
MVP: Ben Creagh - enuf said!!

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!: Chase Stanley n Jason 'Florence' Nightingale. i think these two have been great especially Sanley n at the age of 18 he will onli get even better

Most improved: beau Scott

Most Underrated: Adam Peek- got him on the cheap n put in 100% every week

Most dissapointing: williams n mad pup- willaims did his mouth do the job

Most Overrated: Luke MacDougall - check SD

dragons will fire next season if all players stay fit n gaznier needs to come bak to the cnetres

Godz Illa

Coach
similar to others

MVP - Ben Creagh
Rookie - Florence
Most Improved - Scott
Most Underrated - Peek
Worst - Luke MacDougall

only difference:

Most Disappointing - DANNY WICKS by a long long way. From a bull at the gate in 06 to a pig overweight in 07. His rotund girth is matched only by his massive attitude problem. Finished the season on the reggies bench. Says it all.

big pat

Coach
Godz Illa said:
similar to others

MVP - Ben Creagh
Rookie - Florence
Most Improved - Scott
Most Underrated - Peek
Worst - Luke MacDougall

only difference:

Most Disappointing - DANNY WICKS by a long long way. From a bull at the gate in 06 to a pig overweight in 07. His rotund girth is matched only by his massive attitude problem. Finished the season on the reggies bench. Says it all.
hope they have a better conditioner at newcastle than we did.wicks is a joke.

petetheileet

First Grade
MVP: Creagh by Daylight

Rokkie: Honestly couldn't split Flo, Moz, and Rangi

Most Improved: Scott's running game improved out of sight however still forces the issue a bit much when passing and did make a few handling errors. From the player that Poore was two seasons ago to what he is now id have to give him a wrap also just cause i was such a major critic of him as well.

Most disappointing: Hornby had a dull year when we had s many injuries i was looking foward to him stepping up this year and the injuries also