What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Poll Nsw 5/8th

Daneel

Bench
Im interested on what nsw people think about your 5/8th this year. Taking the poll seriously i voted for Carney, as a qlder i was tempted to vote for Anasta or Gidley.

I think when in form Carney is nsw's best option, however there is a lot to be said for not changing your key positions all the time which makes Soward a viable option. Having said that i think Carney probably would have had the gig last year if he didn't go off the rails again.

Does anyone really think Anasta or Gidley would even be considered?

What's your thoughts people.

19 to go.

Well seeing as Stick Ricky said Hayne was really a five eighth and then picked him at centre it would only be natural if Tahu was chosen as number 6 for this series.

Also, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the genius picked Paul Gallen to play there.

Gronk

Staff member
More pressing is what we'll do when Willie, Hayne and Mannah are all off for Origin.

Morgan, Burt and Shack ? FMD.

Daneel

Bench
More pressing is what we'll do when Willie, Hayne and Mannah are all off for Origin.

Morgan, Burt and Shack ? FMD.

Fmd you know how to put a dampener on things, i hadn't even thought of that. :lol:

strider

Post Whore
willie won't play origin unless there r injuries

i'd like to see carney play for NSW this year ... dunno who with him ... you would have wanted campese + carney a year or 2 back, but campo isn't ready atm

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hayne, Carney and Gallen are the Blues' three best players. If they were Queenslanders they would be among the first players picked.

1. Hayne
6/7. Carney
8-13. Gallen

Grail

Juniors
Carney will be the 6, or he should be. He is the best player available (assuming he doesn't get on the piss or go chasing milfs).

As for what we'll do in Origin time, Hayne won't be picked unless NSW have injuries as is what happened last year. Dugan, Stewart or Morris will get the 1. And some other nuffies will get wing/centre spots.

Eels Dude

Coach
Carney has a lot more creativity than any of the other players. NSW's attack has been poor for a while now he's easily the best option.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Probably.

1. Hayne
6. Campese
7. Carney

I rate Mitchell Pearce too but Campo at 6 removes that extra small defender from the defensive line.

The only problem is that Campo is DREADFUL defensively.

He might be big, but he's slow and can't slide. Go back watch the game he played, he left poor old Jamie Lyon out to dry every single time on the right edge defence.

I think Campo also needs to dominate the ball to be effective. I don't think he's an "all world" talent who can win you an Origin game off his own back. So we'd be picking him to dominate the ball and lose us a game (like Gidley used to do) OR we'd be picking him not to play the natural game we picked him for (kind of defeats the purpose in picking him).

Short answer: just say no to Campo.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Carney will be the 6, or he should be. He is the best player available (assuming he doesn't get on the piss or go chasing milfs).

As for what we'll do in Origin time, Hayne won't be picked unless NSW have injuries as is what happened last year. Dugan, Stewart or Morris will get the 1. And some other nuffies will get wing/centre spots.

Nah - Ricky Stuart might be mentally handicapped, but even he's not dumb enough not to pick Hayne for game 1 AGAIN.

He just won't pick him at fullback - which is a shame, because that's where Hayne most influences a game, and if NSW is serious about winning, the first thing the selectors need to do is get out the permanent marker and write "1. Hayne" and figure out the rest from there.

Daneel

Bench
Nah - Ricky Stuart might be mentally handicapped, but even he's not dumb enough not to pick Hayne for game 1 AGAIN.

He just won't pick him at fullback - which is a shame, because that's where Hayne most influences a game, and if NSW is serious about winning, the first thing the selectors need to do is get out the permanent marker and write "1. Hayne" and figure out the rest from there.

I can tell you from a qlders point of view hayne scares the crap out of us. We couldn't believe our luck when he missed the first game last year and we were almost as happy when he did get selected it wasn't at fullback.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hayne, Carney and Gallen are the Blues' three best players. If they were Queenslanders they would be among the first players picked.

1. Hayne
6/7. Carney
8-13. Gallen

Exactly right.

Pick your 'top tier' talents first, put them in their best spots, and organise the rest from there.

I think Carney in the 7 is the go with James Maloney at 5/8.

Maloney's ability to run onto the ball like a midfield centre is the 'unusual' factor that makes him a very valuable commodity in a game where defenders are so good that you need something unusual to break them down!

1. Hayne
6. Maloney
7. Carney
8. Gallen

I also think we need to get G Stewart and Watmough in the team no matter what!

Grail

Juniors

I agree that is how it should be. I doubt that is how it will be.

Dugan will get a free ride again if he passes a fitness test.
If not, then Stewart, Morris or Mini will get the 1.

If Morris isn't picked at the back, he'll get one wing with Uate the other.
If Morris is at the back, then Hayne might be a shot at a wing spot, but he'll probably pair Uate with some other numpty.

Jennings and Lawerence will be the centre pairing.

Honestly, I think you underestimate Stuart's sheer bloody mindedness and stupidity.

Grail

Juniors
BTW, whoever voted for Gidley, Anasta or Sutton are either QLD'ers or they're on the sauce.

hindy111

Post Whore
Campese needs to realy stand up to get there.
Its sad out most important positions are so open.I mean qld-Thurston/cronk/slater/smith if they went sandow/Dale cherry/Bowen/brisbanes hooker?? or ballin than it would be about equal to our spine??
we have a lot of combos but know one the stands out.Only 3 great fullbacks.
Id pick Hyane at fullback if they went Maloney at 5/8.That way Hayne injects himself.But if they went say carney and mullen than an xtra playmaker wont be needed at the back.
Personaly id have those 3 in the mix-Maloney-carney-Mullen....Luke walshs form has been good too.If hayne was at the back with crney at 5/8 walsh's organising and kicking game would be the best option-Leave the big attacks to hayne and carney and let him organise...
I dont rate gidley but i must say in origin he usualy goes well.Id have him at 14

Latest posts