What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lu1 2013

Smiley

Bench
Most nights after 6 I'm good but can do a sneaky pick during work if needed.

Last year LU2 did our draft in a night. I think it was set to 5 minutes per pick.

Franko

Juniors
Soon? Now? Yesterday?

The sooner the better but the site isn't even working at the moment. Last week it wasn't even ready to join a league. Hopefully by how it reads on the website it should open over the next couple of days.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
im getting pounded at work atm so during the day isn't as ideal as previous seasons but the net at the camp isn't 100% reliable as well as the phone coverage. If the site opens during this week even if we nut out just 2-3 rounds by the weekend and get stuck right into it say sat and get a good 10 out of the way? be a breeze after that

Franko

Juniors
I just had a look it's up and leagues are entered but I didn't see LU1. Have we set up a League as yet? If so did we change the name?

Franko

Juniors
I reckon we get it going straight away. Draft wise I am not sure. I didn't even know there was a choice. We had at least 24 hours before a player got picked you didn't want i'm pretty sure about that.

Smiley

Bench
I reckon we get it going straight away. Draft wise I am not sure. I didn't even know there was a choice. We had at least 24 hours before a player got picked you didn't want i'm pretty sure about that.

There's a choice when it come to the draft order. These are the options:

1. LIVE RANDOM DRAFT
During the random draft, the pick order is randomised. Coaches are able to see when their picks are for the entire draft with the order of selections being completely randomised at the point when the competition is full. This method of drafting is ideal for private competitions with 6-10 teams.

2. LIVE STAGGERED DRAFT
During the staggered draft, the pick order is randomised for the first round. After the first round each team moves up one position in the order with the 1st position moving to last, then second last and so on. This trend continues until the entire draft is complete. This method of drafting is ideal for private competitions with 6-10 teams.

3. LIVE SNAKE DRAFT
During the Snake Draft, the first round is randomised. The order of pick then continues as follows:

Round 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Round 2: 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Round 3: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
etc.

This method of drafting is ideal for private competitions with 6-10 teams.

THE QUICK DRAW RECRUITMENT

This Quick Draw is a straight recruitment method with the emphasis on speed! Once recruitment has started, coaches are able to pick up any players that are on the open market. However, it is strategic in that only one player can be recruited each round. Each round goes lasts two minutes. This means that for a competition that consists of 25 players squad limits, an entire draft will be completed in under an hour. This is a fast, pressurised and strategic straight recruitment method. Once the recruitment time is completed, players are then able to be picked up until squads are full - this is only required if a coach missed the opportunity to pick up a player in the draft with the time limit being exceeded.

The Quick Draw is a perfect drafting method for public competitions and 10-16 team private competitions.

abpanther

Staff member
I didn't realise I was setting up.

Pretty sure the champ gets naming rights

I say we set up and set it to 24hr time limit and see how we go, if we need to get on one night to pump out the last 10 rounds or so then so be it