What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

I've got a bad feeling that he's a dud buy. I've seen nuppin to suggest Luai is an organising half. His strength is energy.
I hope I'm wrong because he's taking a huge chunk out of our cap for a long time.
He'll be useless if we have a weak roster especially our pack.
In fact all of our newly signed halves don't give me confidence.
His age is a concern for mine. He’ll be 28 before he rocks up at pre-season training with us.

His younger halves partner at Pamfers is already breaking down with hamstring issue after hamstring issue.

Time will tell if Luai is a good value for money investment or not. I love his confidence, but confidence alone doesn’t win football games.

Tigerm

First Grade
His age is a concern for mine. He’ll be 28 before he rocks up at pre-season training with us.

His younger halves partner at Pamfers is already breaking down with hamstring issue after hamstring issue.

Time will tell if Luai is a good value for money investment or not. I love his confidence, but confidence alone doesn’t win football games.
But I think experience does, what he will bring to our team and our young halves will be priceless imo.

Nutz

Bench
But I think experience does, what he will bring to our team and our young halves will be priceless imo.
I just worry that he's not a $1m organising half and he takes a huge chunk of our cap.
I've gone through just about every highlight reel of his, even with Samoa, and he's not the classical half that we need.
Brooks was a great defender and wore his heart on his sleeve but he was a crap half....I hope we don't end up with a Brooks MkII.
If Sezer was 5 years younger he'd be perfect and cheaper.
As Random said, time will tell and I'm praying I'm wrong and Luai nails it.

Tiger Ted

Bench

The length of his contract not to mention money value is a major concern at 28 yrs of age.U want someone with X factor in spades at that price & he is devoid of that.Like most fans I’ve been watching him closely after signing with us & there is much to b concerned about.

WA Tiger

Bench
Luai will be given a license to bully on the field. Something that has been sadly lacking for a long time and could make a big difference esp re discipline ..

Fordy20

Juniors
The length of his contract not to mention money value is a major concern at 28 yrs of age.U want someone with X factor in spades at that price & he is devoid of that.Like most fans I’ve been watching him closely after signing with us & there is much to b concerned about.

He's been named at halfback this week, so I'll be watching this match to see how he goes

WA Tiger

Bench
We all knew this before Luai signed. .I was against the signing but now it’s done .Luai never would have had any significant halfback mentorship at Penrith with Cleary there..He is Benji’s prize. Having idolised Benji as a young player I think Luai will be a sponge for all of Benjis halfback gems and strategies for creating the extra man etc.and could be revitalised in his new team. Benji said Luai’s a lot like him. 28 is still young.

I thought he had a bloody good game today. Always looked dangerous with the play in hand and played a lot more direct than I would have thought. A lot of the concerns I had about him have now gone.

However, that's playing for Penrith. Let's see what happens when he gets to tiger town.

I thought he had a bloody good game today. Always looked dangerous with the play in hand and played a lot more direct than I would have thought. A lot of the concerns I had about him have now gone.

However, that's playing for Penrith. Let's see what happens when he gets to tiger town.
He was good. Needs a strong kicker alongside him.

Nutz

Bench
I saw enough of him today that gives me a little bit more confidence that we haven't wasted our money.
Still not overly confident because he's coming to a weaker roster compared to that of the Pamfers.
I'm hoping we can recruit some better players and release some of our KOE std players.
However Richo has stated that there's no more recruiting for 2025.

Nutz

Bench
I'm glad he's getting a run at half. Hey Nathan, have a few more weeks off mate, get that hammy right. ;)

Wizardman

First Grade
I saw enough of him today that gives me a little bit more confidence that we haven't wasted our money.
Still not overly confident because he's coming to a weaker roster compared to that of the Pamfers.
I'm hoping we can recruit some better players and release some of our KOE std players.
However Richo has stated that there's no more recruiting for 2025.
No more recruiting for 2025? Oh f uck! That plan needs to change.

Das Hassler

Bench
As far as Luai's game management goes I wouldn't be over reading his results at the panthers while Nathan's out...he will be working with Api once again so he won't have that to do on his own..that's the theory anyway

Nutz

Bench
No more recruiting for 2025? Oh f uck! That plan needs to change.
Of course if AD gets more than 150k somewhere else we can put his 600k or whatever it is towards a player that can win games.
I'd sack the lot, put the club into receivership and start all over again. We are the joke of the rugby league world.
I'll sober up tomorrow and put my WT hat back on again, same ol same.