What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Fordy20

Juniors
You gotta have that winning mentality. I remember Critchons interview during the season and they asked him what's his expectations on the bulldogs this season and he said "top 4" I don't think anyones laughing now.

I really think Luai will help Galvins game and make him a better player

Critchon is a hell of a player and under his captaincy the Bulldogs have really turned around. If Luai can get our blokes to buy in the same way Critchon has, I can easily see us making the eight next year

Nutz

Bench
Good take. I'd really love to see Stef stay and play like he did last week consistently. That would make a huge difference to our team. If not we need a prop or two that can get the job done. I also wonder if some of the kids will get the job done.
Exackery.
The way I see it we need two big boppers to rotate. Expecting Pole and Seyfarth to act as traditional middles takes away their edge running ability, running at smaller players and tired fwds.

Nutz

Bench
Critchon is a hell of a player and under his captaincy the Bulldogs have really turned around. If Luai can get our blokes to buy in the same way Critchon has, I can easily see us making the eight next year
The SOO side has a lot of the Panthers GF winners, there should be a bit more cohesion.
Jarome and Galvin could be an outstanding combo...I believe that's the angle our CEO used to convince the young fella and his parents to overrule that dog of a manager.

Tiger05

First Grade
Sunia Turuva (Tito), the other Penrith player coming next year, can’t see him knocking Bula off though.

I can't see that either. I reckon Turuva will be on the wing and possibly the centres if we have injuries.

I'm starting to feel a bit more confident with our team for next year. I'm concerned we will stuff our cap though.

Tigerm

First Grade
I can't see that either. I reckon Turuva will be on the wing and possibly the centres if we have injuries.

I'm starting to feel a bit more confident with our team for next year. I'm concerned we will stuff our cap though.
I tend to trust Richo more than the last lot.
A few weeks ago, it was being suggested that some players won’t be here next year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think Tito will be challenging Bula for fullback; got a great player there.

agree, wouldn't surprise me if they swap these guys around a bit. Tito is more explosive and in his limited time at 1 has shown a more natural passing game then Bula. Either way we'll have a few options for the backline for the first time in forever. At this stage think we'll line up like this:

1. Bula
2. Turuva
3. Doeuihi
4. Olam
5. Lauilili/Staines/Toa

Tiger05

First Grade
agree, wouldn't surprise me if they swap these guys around a bit. Tito is more explosive and in his limited time at 1 has shown a more natural passing game then Bula. Either way we'll have a few options for the backline for the first time in forever. At this stage think we'll line up like this:

1. Bula
2. Turuva
3. Doeuihi
4. Olam
5. Lauilili/Staines/Toa

It's a decent backline isn't it. We'll have a good set of halves as well. Plus we have some injury cover.

The forwards are going to be important as well but we need to score points. For years we haven't been able to score points and it kills us over the course of the season. I'm feeling more confident for next year.

WA Tiger

Bench
Tito has shown a more natural passing game then Bula.
Bula doesn’t have a passing game. When he is about to pass the ball he looks like an L plater approaching a busy intersection..He has a flick pass, good sometimes, other times not. If things are going good he’s ok if not he’s completely ineffective. I think he’s on borrowed time. Although with the new team around him, he may not need to be the guy that changes the momentum. However, We a better team with a ball playing fullback..

Last edited: