What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Tigerm

Coach
Well, so far, he’s made it the best off season in living memory, it will be hard to top.

WA Tiger

Bench
Tigers didn’t have to release him, just like Penrith don’t have to release Luai. I was the Tigers choice.
Yes we did….If clearys heart wasn’t in it and all the racket that he made….Thats the difference with Luai…i thought that was obvious… I think the wt forum team wins the IQ grand final

Tigerm

Coach
As far as I can tell nothing can be announced untill the Panthers 10 days are up or they waive their right to talk him out of leaving...whichever comes first.
* Tuesday morning?
I can't find the item, but it said that with the NRL shutting down for the Xmas break, nothing will be officially known until they reopen, in the new year.

The other problem I see is, what happens when he signs now (with whoever) for 2025 and sometime in 2024 he decides he wants to stay at Penrith and wants to rescind the contract that he signed, anyone have thoughts on how that is dealt with?
i.e. Does the club who he signed with, have the valid right to his services in 2025?
From the moment he has agreed, the club would be planning there entire structure to accommodate him, e.g. roster, game plans, memberships drive, sponsorship etc.

Our history in the past says we would fold like a cheap suit?

General Stripes

Juniors
I can't find the item, but it said that with the NRL shutting down for the Xmas break, nothing will be officially known until they reopen, in the new year.

The other problem I see is, what happens when he signs now (with whoever) for 2025 and sometime in 2024 he decides he wants to stay at Penrith and wants to rescind the contract that he signed, anyone have thoughts on how that is dealt with?
i.e. Does the club who he signed with, have the valid right to his services in 2025?
From the moment he has agreed, the club would be planning there entire structure to accommodate him, e.g. roster, game plans, memberships drive, sponsorship etc.

Different leadership now.

We would make sure the club got something if we get played like that.

Blues Riff

Bench
Get a grip tigs. He hasn't signed. The 10 days hasn't begun.
The only possible scenario for an early release is a swap with my man Burto.

Tigerm

Coach
No one here is asking for an early release?
Has anyone asked “Burto” if he wants to go?
Your losing players hand over fist, why?
Can’t be just money, otherwise Luai would have been at training when required.

Das Hassler

Bench

The 10 days starts as soon as he tells his current club that he's taking up an offer from another club...which he did a week ago.
*If all else fails read the instructions

murraymob

Coach

Once he has signed he is tigers property and could only stay at Penrith if released by the tigers .Penrith would have no say or power

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’m sure the smug coaches tactlessness has something to do with it

murraymob

Coach
It’s all about the money his new management do not get a cent next year .they want him to leave so a new contract kicks in giving them there commission

Das Hassler

Bench
It’s all about the money his new management do not get a cent next year .they want him to leave so a new contract kicks in giving them there commission

So just to understand...his previous manager still gets the cut from his '24 panthers contract? ( severance agreement?)

Nutz

Bench
I also read somewhere that when a player agrees to a clubs terms, that's when a contract is drawn up and is a means to how both clubs are notified. In other words it's an official document albeit an interim one. It also serves as a "hands off" to other clubs.
Once the cooling off period is finished or waved the document would then be finalised.

Tigerm

Coach
I also read somewhere that when a player agrees to a clubs terms, that's when a contract is drawn up and is a means to how both clubs are notified. In other words it's an official document albeit an interim one. It also serves as a "hands off" to other clubs.
Once the cooling off period is finished or waved the document would then be finalised.
But could you imagine the shit storm, if he (signed with us) and then did decide he didn't want to leave?

Hypothetically:
What does the club that signed him do?
You have (in this case) a reportedly $1.2m of your cap for this player, who now doesn't want to be here?
Do you make him stay and he tanks, or release him?
Does the NRL step in deregister him, so he can't play again?

I don't think any of that would be the case, but it does show, that the incumbent club have more than 10 days to entice him to stay?

No one knows what the player has even done yet, because he NRL are now closed for Xmas:(