What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Pezz70

Juniors
I could see the merit in a cheese type hooker (on far less cash that can play backrow if needed but to carry a small hooker on the bench right now seems like a move in the wrong direction. It's not like we have a dominant pack, Maybe give him a heap of game time from now till seasons end and look to do a swap with a team who need a hooker and have a surplus of wingers or props ?
TDS is a kid I wouldn’t swap, I’d be prepared to throw cash to keep him. He is a proper footy player. Although I don’t disagree with your logic. I rate this kid higher than Harry Grant at the same time. Gun.

Tigerm

Coach

The timing of this against Stef leaving is incredible.
Make it happen Richo.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
LUAI’S BIG MOMENT AMID CRUNCH BACKLINE CALL

Jarome Luai once again gets his time to shine, wearing the No.7 jersey for the Panthers in the absence of Nathan Cleary after he suffered a shoulder injury.

Luai was excellent as the club’s chief playmaker whilst his halves partner recovered from a hamstring injury and Tigers and Panthers fans alike will be hoping this next period is no different.

For Ivan Cleary’s side, who are all but locked into the top four, Luai’s move is a positive, giving him confidence moving into the finals period.

For Benji Marshall, his marquee signing gets another chance to lead a team around the park.

It’s been an excellent season so far for Luai, who many believed could have played his final Origin game last year, before he was called upon by Michael Maguire.

Luai then forged a strong partnership with Mitchell Moses to secure back-to-back Origin wins and take the Origin shield.

If there’s anyone the Panthers want wearing the No.7, it’s Luai and as such Brad Schneider has been named in the No.6.

Meanwhile, Paul Alamoti’s inclusion on the extended bench could prove a major headache for Cleary.

He’s already dropped Suniva Turuva in place of Daine Laurie, who was simply excellent during his time at fullback.

Alamoti is nearing a return from a broken arm and was one of Cleary’s first choice outside backs whilst fit.

Casey McLean could find himself out of the side or potentially shifting to the wing if Laurie is the man to make way. He could also slot onto the bench as a utility.

Tiger05

First Grade
It's interesting that Turuvu is still out of the Penrith team. I thought Cleary made a mistake in dropping him and putting Laurie on the wing but he appears to be running with it again.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's interesting that Turuvu is still out of the Penrith team. I thought Cleary made a mistake in dropping him and putting Laurie on the wing but he appears to be running with it again.
Hopefully it backfires on the smug coach.Us tigers fans certainly know what a liability Laurie can be especially in defence

Nutz

Bench
You wouldn’t think they be playing him at all, if that was the case?
Good point.
I'm always sceptical about players wearing a knee support.
I've been doing some googling on the type of brace that he wears and it's probably just a support for the patella tendon which is more to do with pain management rather than preventing injury.
Fingers crossed.

Tigerm

Coach
Good point.
I'm always sceptical about players wearing a knee support.
I've been doing some googling on the type of brace that he wears and it's probably just a support for the patella tendon which is more to do with pain management rather than preventing injury.
Fingers crossed.
It could be Ivan the horrible just being an arsehole as well, he can’t do it to Luia because number one son is a weekly proposition?

Nutz

Bench
It could be Ivan the horrible just being an arsehole as well, he can’t do it to Luia because number one son is a weekly proposition?
I'd love it if the Tigers did something crazy and make the top 8 or better next year and our top players were Turuva and Luai.....just to rub it into Ivan.

Latest posts