What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Nutz

Bench
I already watch 90% of NRL games but I'll be certain to not miss any Tigpies games in the next few years. Luai is f**king massive for you guys, I do still think you need a real coach though
The jury is out for me with Benji. He's a winner and has a connection with the younger players which we have a lot of.
I don't think you can judge him on this year as it was disjointed with the Sheens saga.
He'll have a full off-season with the players and coaches and we'll have a better roster.
The younger players like Bula and Galvin will be better too imo.
I think missing the 8 will be a fail though and there will be a lot of pressure on him to get us off the bottom.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The jury is out for me with Benji. He's a winner and has a connection with the younger players which we have a lot of.
I don't think you can judge him on this year as it was disjointed with the Sheens saga.
He'll have a full off-season with the players and coaches and we'll have a better roster.
I think missing the 8 will be a fail though and there will be a lot of pressure on him to get us off the bottom.
Bula has been impressive but don't sleep on Turuva stealing the fullback spot if given the chance

Nutz

Bench
Competition is good, both will be in the team somewhere though.
I think we need a defensive winger as we have far too many tries leaked out wide. Taruva seems sound but has had great support inside.
In saying that, the cover D has been poor especially from our outside centre and Bula.
Bula started out spectacularly in covering but really fell off in the second half of the season. It could have been attributed to the Labral tear in his shoulder suffered against the Knight.
Whatever happens, we have to have a big off season concentrating on D.

Clarkent

Juniors
Finishing at least 10th 9th is a pass for the tigers next season the season after that they have to make the top 8

Nutz

Bench
Finishing at least 10th 9th is a pass for the tigers next season the season after that they have to make the top 8
Anything but the spoon :)
I've run my eye over the teams that were outside the 8 this year and compared it to our side next year and if we don't make the eight there will be no doubt that the excuses will come thick and fast.
It's time to raise the bar/standards. I'm sure Luai and Api will have something to say about that.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bula has been impressive but don't sleep on Turuva stealing the fullback spot if given the chance

I like Bula, however I don’t think his ceiling is that high. Like I can’t ever see him being a top 5 fullback. I also think a lot of his attributes would be just as handy at centre/wing.

Turuva is probably a bit more explosive and has shown in his small chances at fullback he has a surprisingly decent passing game. How he goes in the defensive/cleaning up at fullback which Bula is so good at would be the test.