What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Luai going on tour and taking a leadership role as capt will improve his game and sets him up well for the tigers season. Penrith Panthers are massive advocate of their rep players at the end of every season. More of those tigers players should be playing rep footy every year. They need to get out of that losing mentality and play alongside good players in a different environment. It will make them better players

I get what you’re saying mate, and I wouldn’t want the club to ask Luai not to go, however at the end of the day we’re paying him $6m. Our entire playing structure is going to revolve around him. Selfishly I was hoping he would forgo the tour and be at concord at the start of December. Our spine potentially can be one of the best in the game, I want them working on it as soon as possible. If he gets there mid Jan when it all starts back up again that’s like 4/5 weeks before the first trial. I know be’ll be in shape and probably the fittest guy at the club, but it basically makes everything we’ve done from the start of November redundant.

Clarkent

Juniors
I bet they do as well but our team is coming from a different position.
Stephen Critchon played for samoa last year before joining the bulldogs. He turned out alright. Galvin is playing one less rep game this weekend against PNG. Playing next to quality players in that game will give him a huge boost of confidence. You can't expect these guys to focus on club footy only, playing rep footy next to other great players from other clubs will only help them with their by learning off other great players. If Galvin played for the kangaroos you guys will be praising him.

Tigerm

Coach

Despite his rep commitments putting his pre-season training on hold, Luai isn't worried and is looking forward to joining coach Benji Marshall in the new year.

"I'll be sweet - I will link up with Benji ASAP when I get back and we will start talking Tigers," he said.
-------------------
Just don't get injured FFS.

Latest posts