What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Luke Bowden

First Grade
What makes you think that?
Just the way this whole thing is playing out and my knowledge of how the business works.

I could be completely wrong, I just smell a rat and I feel like games are being played.

1.1mil for Romey has never made sense to me, not from a club like the Tigers who have recently bought halves.

Then you have the Dogs who need to spend there money on middle forward or two, surely they aren’t going to extend Burto then offer Romey that sort of money.

Personally I think we made a really fair offer and his Management are just trying to see what else they can squeeze out.

Just my own thoughts.

Iamback

Coach
I’m starting to think that the offers for Jerome are not as huge as being reported.

I think he’ll stay on a 4 year deal with us.

I'd be curious if an offical offer has been made.

The articles all say Tigers are poised to offer, Has any actually said an offer has been made?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just the way this whole thing is playing out and my knowledge of how the business works.

I could be completely wrong, I just smell a rat and I feel like games are being played.

1.1mil for Romey has never made sense to me, not from a club like the Tigers who have recently bought halves.

Then you have the Dogs who need to spend there money on middle forward or two, surely they aren’t going to extend Burto then offer Romey that sort of money.

Personally I think we made a really fair offer and his Management are just trying to see what else they can squeeze out.

Just my own thoughts.

I really hope your thinking is right.

I'd love him to stay home. Because home is where the heart is.

Kilkenny

Coach
Seriously. If luai leaves so be it.

But a swap deal for any togers player other than api is a joke..

Klemmer.... please. Hes nsw cup at best these days
The swap deal is obviously just the usual media made up stuff to generate click bait but in defence of David Klemmer his 2023 stats were pretty impressive really. Averaged near 140 metres a game, 28 tackles or thereabouts at 99% efficiency which is not to shabby. He will do a decent job for someone for another couple of seasons.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe the supposed interest from Gus is to push-up Jerome’s price to give him a greater shot at AFB. I don’t see how the Bulldogs could possibly bring in a player such as Jerome when a number of there recruits can potentially play in the halves to go with what they already have including Burton.

Iamback

Coach
Maybe the supposed interest from Gus is to push-up Jerome’s price to give him a greater shot at AFB. I don’t see how the Bulldogs could possibly bring in a player such as Jerome when a number of there recruits can potentially play in the halves to go with what they already have including Burton.

It would be entirely to get AFB

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Maybe Luai has told his managment he wants to stay and has them working behind the scenes to secure some juicy third party deals . All this publicity wouldn't be hurting.
That's what managers do right? , look after the interests of their client surely;)

Would love this to be true.

Just my own thoughts.
Good points. I agree, and I hope you're right. Thanks.

Blade23

Juniors
I'd be curious if an offical offer has been made.

The articles all say Tigers are poised to offer, Has any actually said an offer has been made?

An offer has been made just hasn't been accepted yet. That is the key. Once accepted, the clock starts for renegotiation for a backflip. If he wishes too.

His management is playing games atm.

Under the new rules. Once an offer has been accepted it is then lodged with the NRL for approval. Then we have 10 days to respond for a backflip.
We won't know what a rival club has offered though. That remains private.

Kilkenny

Coach
B
Luai is 26, why wouldn’t we offer him 4 years? A mainstay in our team and a junior who has given his all for this club. Proven performer on the big stage.
Because He is 27 in January. Will be 28 by the time his new 4 years starts. It is just not the right call for our club, too much risk involved, particularly at the money involved. 3 year extension should be the absolute maximum.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
B

Because He is 27 in January. Will be 28 by the time his new 4 years starts. It is just not the right call for our club, too much risk involved, particularly at the money involved. 3 year extension should be the absolute maximum.

Considering that many players go in the NRL until their mid to late 30's......I think under the circumstances it's a fairly safe bet.