What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Iamback

Coach
Not buying the 'I'm mad with Penrith' line. As you mention I think he is getting shitty advice. Not the first player to pull this stunt.

The reason to walk out on training is to get a release. One that would mean he gets a bigger 2024 pay packet (Perhaps double what he is set to earn in 2024 with Penrith?).

He is one $760k here. So starts the 5 years early and he is $400k up. His management also get their cut

Kilkenny

Coach
If I'm Luai and its down to money then 400k is nothing to laugh at.
Good luck to Jerome, he is going to get a payday far beyond his abilities and for five years apparently.

Who knows who’s leaking what, but who really cares, it is inconsequential he is moving on so be it.

Just let him leave early, make use of his $760k if that is what he was on for 2024 and move forward. He is not irreplaceable.

Kilkenny

Coach
Who doesn’t love a good circus.

I can’t wait to see how this plays out.

It’s better than seeing headlines about sex tapes and COVID tik toks!
It’s been playing out since November 1.

How much longer do you want to enjoy this nonsense?

As someone who suggests they are involved in coaching or has knowledge of the requirements as you have alluded to in your debates with Girds why would you want this to continue from a coaching perspective. It has to be unhealthy to the overall playing group.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

As someone who suggests they are involved in coaching or has knowledge of the requirements as you have alluded to in your debates with Girds why would you want this to continue from a coaching perspective. It has to be unhealthy to the overall playing group.
The only thing that made it unhealthy was Ivan's unprofessional comments

Fangs

Coach
Good luck to Jerome, he is going to get a payday far beyond his abilities and for five years apparently.

Who knows who’s leaking what, but who really cares, it is inconsequential he is moving on so be it.

Just let him leave early, make use of his $760k if that is what he was on for 2024 and move forward. He is not irreplaceable.

I completely agree on the last point because the circumstances appear to have changed. Keeping him for 2024 was a no brainer but if the training rumour is true then its time for him to go. Its a real shame.

Imagine the excitement for the other guys in our team though. The 6 in the best team in the comp is up for grabs.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I completely agree on the last point because the circumstances appear to have changed. Keeping him for 2024 was a no brainer but if the training rumour is true then its time for him to go. Its a real shame.

Imagine the excitement for the other guys in our team though. The 6 in the best team in the comp is up for grabs.
Cogger took Luai's soul. That's what's killing him deep down

Iamback

Coach

Yeah but then that sends the message to sook and you get out.

He shouldn't play that said

Fangs

Coach
Yeah but then that sends the message to sook and you get out.

He shouldn't play that said

We can potentially get a good replacement and that obviously has to happen first.

But also consider how the other players will feel if he is forced to sit on the sidelines as you have suggested. He is a popular member of the team and I don't think that helps us at all. I don't rate that solution if we have other options available.

Kilkenny is right we should move on quickly if the rumours are true.

Iamback

Coach
We can potentially get a good replacement and that obviously has to happen first.

But also consider how the other players will feel if he is forced to sit on the sidelines as you have suggested. He is a popular member of the team and I don't think that helps us at all. I don't rate that solution if we have other options available.

Kilkenny is right we should move on quickly if the rumours are true.

Not sure we are going to get anyone in. So letting him go early makes no sense.

He is contracted for 2024

He chose to leave
He is now missing training... If that continues. Why should he play over others who are putting in the work?

It is different if Ivan just sits him to be a dick

That is where it sits for me. Everyone in the side needs to earn a start

Chill out; you’ve got work in the morning…

Nutz

Bench
The only thing that made it unhealthy was Ivan's unprofessional comments
I hope you guys don't mind me saying this as I know it's not my forum...but I'm compelled to say a few words.
Luai has been a huge reason why Penrith climbed to the top and won three grand finals.
I believe he's being prised out from the club he loves and this must be difficult for him.
It's a professional sport and Jarome needs to make the most of his footy career for himself and his family's future.
After he told his mates he was leaving you could tell from the images of a huddle between Jarome and his mates that he was very emotional.
He has the players support...how could they not.
IMO, Ivan should stomp on any further negative press as it unfolds and restate the club's and his appreciation of Jarome.
Jarome asked to have a break and it was granted by the club. If it is true that he needed some time away to deal with issues then we all should be concerned about his mental health and not read too much into what journos are spruking.
As someone who suffers from depression and anxiety I can tell you the afflictions wears a coat of many colours.
Often it's difficult to tell if some happy go lucky, well off and fit person is doing it tough mentally.
He's been up front, he's told the players and the club that next year is his last year and the other details he's restricted from devulging at this time.
Don't read too much into social media because it doesn't always depict people's true emotions.
Well done Jarome Luai

Sorry for the long post but while I'm here, I'd like to wish all you Pathers folk a peaceful, safe and happy Christmas and New Year.
We'll see you next year when your club tries to win yet another Grand Final.
'Nutz'

Last edited:

Latest posts