What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I personally hope MARY doesn't send luchiano packing because he had a bad game a la MANN last year .be patient supercoach.....

BennyV

Referee
Luc hasn't shown anything in the games he has played though. As soon as he gets on the field he looks fatigued. He's always dragging his feet in the defensive line. He is a big concern when defending.
This exactly. He’s not shown that he brings anything to first grade, he’s still living off the ability he showed in under 20s which is little-to-no indication of what will transfer to first grade.

With Sele and Host (and even Lawrie) you can see what they will bring in the long run despite being underdone. I’m yet to see that with Luc. I’m sure he’ll get there, but at the moment he’s keeping more developed players out of first grade.

I dont think Mary is using LL properly. Once he gets tired he just cant keep up with the play. He needs to be used like a George Rose type of player. Short stints then get him off. He did the lazy silly pass which lead to them attacking our goal line and then missed the tackle straight after on Cody Walker for the first try which gave them the sniff they were looking for.
The other teams will be looking at us closely now we are top of the table and seeing this as a massive opportunity to break our line.
If he is going to be playing longer minutes he is a massive liability in our defence.

TBH and i hope I'm wrong I just dont think he has the grunt for when the going gets tough. Watching him last night worries me.

Yeah, problem is it's only 8 replacements now, you couldn't carry a George Rose anymore.
If your not fit enough, your not good enough.

Now the problem could be that given his limited minutes this year when he comes on he feels he needs to do something spectacular to maintain his spot, which will hurt him in the long run.

Mary has never been known for his management of the bench or his management of junior players.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
Yeah, problem is it's only 8 replacements now, you couldn't carry a George Rose anymore.

Now the problem could be that given his limited minutes this year when he comes on he feels he needs to do something spectacular to maintain his spot, which will hurt him in the long run.

Mary has never been known for his management of the bench or his management of junior players.
It was like a nightmare in slow motion..Just shear laziness.He has shown potentialin so he deserves a few more games.looks like he doesn't want to be there.lacking confidence.I wonder why

Old Timer

Coach
Luc having to back up in reggies is indicator that there are some issues they are working on and TBH not sure how he can be in the 1st grade side when that is happening.
All seems very odd to me and whilst people wax lyrical about his ball playing ability I am yet to see it in the top grade.
Not so easy to get away with lack of fitness, being lazy or inability to play at the constant increased pace at NRL level.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Luc did some good things last week but on Friday Nearly cost us the game. I was at the game and Luc tried passing the ball he had it raked by south's player causing a knock on. I'm not sure if anyone saw it on the Tele
, watch James Graham having a stern word towards Luc after his error.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
The bloke still looks as if he is carrying too much weight , it may be just me , but by all that is holly he must rip into the games when he comes off the bench . It is not a kindergarten out there , so he is expected to have his mind on the job at all times .

Don't believe that he will be back in 1st grade this week , quite simply is not playing well enough to hold the position. The team comes first , not any individual player , the dragons need to fire on all 8 cylinders to continue on their winning way .

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
The bloke still looks as if he is carrying too much weight , it may be just me , but by all that is holly he must rip into the games when he comes off the bench . It is not a kindergarten out there , so he is expected to have his mind on the job at all times .

Don't believe that he will be back in 1st grade this week , quite simply is not playing well enough to hold the position. The team comes first , not any individual player , the dragons need to fire on all 8 cylinders to continue on their winning way .

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Luciano is a works in progress. Takes time. With Origin on the way it appears certain that we will be losing players to the squad. I would not be panicking too much. He will be needed at some stage so game time at the right time plus time in ISP seems to be his go. Perseverance is what is required . Sele ,Host and Laurie will make it .
Lancelot:D

FlameThrower

Bench
This exactly. He’s not shown that he brings anything to first grade, he’s still living off the ability he showed in under 20s which is little-to-no indication of what will transfer to first grade.

With Sele and Host (and even Lawrie) you can see what they will bring in the long run despite being underdone. I’m yet to see that with Luc. I’m sure he’ll get there, but at the moment he’s keeping more developed players out of first grade.
Under 20’s completely different mind sight - there no real focus on defence - he was a standout there but right now maybe for FG he is struggling a bit..

Latest posts