What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

luck

Kells

Juniors
i see that purtell signed with penrith today and got me thinking that the storm have been actually quite lucky with players that we tried to sign but turned us down as in the end they actually did us a favour as they wouldnt have been any good for us anyway. there's been:

-purtell - horrible player and would of been huge waste of cap space, plus now he would be no chance with the u20 backs we have

- Adam MacDougall - turned us down so instead we had to play folau from rd 1 2007 :D

- alex glenn - good utility but him rejecting us meant we went after chase stanley who is a better centre and the reason we wanted glenn (to play centre/wing)

- luke lewis - again good utility but we need a back and with the u20s backs would have been no point spending money on him. and while i did like the fact he can play 5-8 well it doenst matter now cos we got finch now and chisolm for the future - so evreyhtings sweet there!

- nate myles - doesnt fit into the storms "no dickheads policy" so glad he turned us down (but i guess under bellamy who knows what he could of done with him - but again wrapped with browmich, sika, kite etc)

um any1 think of any others? both good and bad (i guess fui fui would of been nice lol)

Talanexor

Juniors
When I read the title of this thread, I assumed that it was a rumour that you were chasing Michael Luck from the Warriors. Actually wouldn't be a bad pickup for you, ESPECIALLY if Johnson leaves.

Luck holds the record for highest tackle count now doesn't he?

Bman26

Juniors
Johnson is irreplaceable, that guy would try to tackle Optimus Prime. keyword being try....

Noa

First Grade
You missed the grand-daddy of them them all.

Ben Ross, we offered him $400k and were a bees dick away from signing him. He pulled out, we used the money on Mick Crocker instead.

Joel Moon...Storm offered him big money a few years back as the answer to Scott Hill.

Has done nothing with the Warriors...

Kells

Juniors
lol yeh mike luck does hold the record - like 72 - but that game went extra time

and ur right how good was it when ross turned us down - saved so much money and he's no good anyway :D

and joel moon! lol i remember he was gonna be our 5-8 hahaha another player doin us a favour by saying thanks but no thanks. him and jackson nickloau lol - good call guys!

Last edited:

Kells

Juniors
how good was it in the 08 prelim in first 5 mins white smashed him up and he missed the rest of the game...good times

LESStar58

Referee
You missed the grand-daddy of them them all.

Ben Ross, we offered him $400k and were a bees dick away from signing him. He pulled out, we used the money on Mick Crocker instead.

Not quite.

Crocker was already a done deal and we still had enough in the kitty to sign Ben Ross. He went to the Sharks to play with Noddy.

LESStar58

Referee
There was also talk that Kite was headed back to Canberra.... reckon that might even happen when his Eagles contract is up.

dikefalos

Juniors
woah really!!! when was this and what happended!
well turn out well as he aint worth the money he would of been asking
had a terrible game in the 08 grand final definately not worth the money considering he delivered a premiership.:sarcasm: