What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luckiest first grade career of all time

Munky

Coach
bangers was definitely no plodder. Watching him chase down rod wishart in origin was spectacular. Throw everything he had at the defence, was the attacking equivalent of dallas johnson was to defence.

How he ended up as a strength and conditioning coach at Gold Coast United aleague franchise is a mystery.

I can't remember which absolute plod it was for but when the all stars started there was an online movement to get him into the side to take the piss out of the whole system. Then the nrl changed it up a bit to prevent this from happening. Then after that bennet brings maranta into the side..........

Marty was awesome.

A highlight was him making a line break and having no idea what to do and entire Panthers bench pissing themselves laughing.

I had him in my starting XIII I did last week for all time Panthers team.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Marty was awesome.

A highlight was him making a line break and having no idea what to do and entire Panthers bench pissing themselves laughing.

Its difficult to see a player who has spent more time in one team being nominated in an all-time team for another team.

But the way we gifted Lang, Lang and Presto to you guys, I guess its valid

bangers was definitely no plodder. Watching him chase down rod wishart in origin was spectacular. Throw everything he had at the defence, was the attacking equivalent of dallas johnson was to defence.

How he ended up as a strength and conditioning coach at Gold Coast United aleague franchise is a mystery.

I can't remember which absolute plod it was for but when the all stars started there was an online movement to get him into the side to take the piss out of the whole system. Then the nrl changed it up a bit to prevent this from happening. Then after that bennet brings maranta into the side..........
Yeah. Dallas Johnson. Could never understand the love for him.

The amount of times he offloaded the ball in one season I can count on one finger.

Total hack.

BranVan3000

Coach
Hayne

Road about 8 weeks of effort in 2009 through multiple Origins, contract upgrades, and a brief NFL and Rugby career

Munky

Coach
Its difficult to see a player who has spent more time in one team being nominated in an all-time team for another team.

But the way we gifted Lang, Lang and Presto to you guys, I guess its valid

Penrith in my time watching have had a lack of top tier props.

I went with him and JFH. Presto was five eighth since I didn't want to move one of the gun halfbacks who didn't play in the six for us.

Penrith have benefited heavily off bizarre retention decisions. Thanks to Anderson we got Presto and thanks to Stabby we have Api.

Very serendipitous turns of fate.

some11

Referee
Hayne

Road about 8 weeks of effort in 2009 through multiple Origins, contract upgrades, and a brief NFL and Rugby career
His 2014 form was better than 2009. 20 tries from 21 games. The eels just stunk.

Being a god botherer fraud makes it too easy to hate him.

Gallen Towers

Juniors
Marty was awesome.

The 2001 Sharks v Bulldogs semi-final at Homebush where the Sharks scored 50 points was a classic - it included Lang scoring a try but he clearly had very little practice grounding the ball so when he fell over the line to score he almost KO'ed himself from throwing himself into the ground so hard

Frankus

Juniors
Josh Jackson. Complete dud, zero impact player. His only talent being his ability to sweat profusely creating the illusion he actually does something.