What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks 150 games

The Rosco

Bench
Double post but also, lol
Listen Ash . . . just because your avatar is one of my favourite scenes in the movie, don't be taking liberties matey.
Moses was always the better player than Brooks. Most of us said it. We knew that Brooksie had his vast limitations. Everyone knows it now.
But here's the thing . . . Mitchy also is a tanking, heartless cat who skiis extremely well in the downhill direction.
He has an apparently endless supply of toys in his cot . . . coz no matter how many he throws, he still has heaps of them.
He loves to blame his team mates for anything he does wrong.
Now I know that you and rhyno and Wittyfan will disagree . . . but that's what we reckon in sad depressed WT town.

stryker

First Grade
52jz61.jpg
There are definitely people on this forum and in this thread who said this shit. They were still saying it during the recent off season.
It goes a fair way to show how this bloke made 150 NRL games. He is rated for no reason. I find it baffling.
Had he made his debut for any other club, he wouldn’t have made 50.

ash411

Bench
Listen Ash . . . just because your avatar is one of my favourite scenes in the movie, don't be taking liberties matey.
Moses was always the better player than Brooks. Most of us said it. We knew that Brooksie had his vast limitations. Everyone knows it now.
But here's the thing . . . Mitchy also is a tanking, heartless cat who skiis extremely well in the downhill direction.
He has an apparently endless supply of toys in his cot . . . coz no matter how many he throws, he still has heaps of them.
He loves to blame his team mates for anything he does wrong.
Now I know that you and rhyno and Wittyfan will disagree . . . but that's what we reckon in sad depressed WT town.
I'm sorry all I hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
There are definitely people on this forum and in this thread who said this shit. They were still saying it during the recent off season.
It goes a fair way to show how this bloke made 150 NRL games. He is rated for no reason. I find it baffling.
Had he made his debut for any other club, he wouldn’t have made 50.

Blame Fittler and his bum buddy Joey bongs.

Anyone who kills it in lower grades is put on a pedestal by those two and the masses get sucked in

That pair are an annoying pain in the arse, when you put up with Braith on Foxtel instead of watching the football on Ch 9 speaks volumes of the insight they provide.

stryker

First Grade
Blame Fittler and his bum buddy Joey bongs.

Anyone who kills it in lower grades is put on a pedestal by those two and the masses get sucked in
Yes I do agree. Those two talk guys up well past the time they don’t reach the bar that they set for them. Snozza Daley and Brandy do it as well.
The fans are the worst though. Especially in clubs like ours, where we are starved for success. People are already calling Daine Laurie a ‘star’. It’s far too premature and he doesn’t need added pressure.

Maxxn99

Juniors
Yes I do agree. Those two talk guys up well past the time they don’t reach the bar that they set for them. Snozza Daley and Brandy do it as well.
The fans are the worst though. Especially in clubs like ours, where we are starved for success. People are already calling Daine Laurie a ‘star’. It’s far too premature and he doesn’t need added pressure.
I really think it didn’t bother him at all the tripe about the teddy crap. This guy has got some class about him and will be glad to see him grow into the no1.
We just need the whole team to step up a notch at present. Let’s see if we can put 80 together. Cause it’s been a while since we have.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Here is a scenario:

As we get towards the end of the season, both Brooks and the club decide to part ways. Brook's manager has been putting out feelers, and a club in UK is willing to pay him a million a season for 4 year deal, starting 2022. In addition, the club decide to not take up the option for 2022 for BJ's contract, nor do we re-sign Packer. Including Reynolds contract, we now have 2 million spare. No other players are being moved on - Mbye will be here for 2022 and the club decide to re-sign Roberts and Liddle for another x years on a bargain deal.

You are now Adam Hartigan. What do you do? Who do you go after? etc

Vozzy

Juniors
Too me Brooks is on his last chance this year. I don't think Madden is quite ready yet. The next 3 weeks are big for him. He needs some sort of reaction otherwise he will be dropped before the end of the year for good. In saying that he was actually playing to his strengths for the first 30min other then the 2 grubbers then he lost his way. Be interesting how the team is without BJ now. He is so bad to the whole team makes LL worse. The trial against Manly he wasn't there and the team looked so cohesive. Yes one player like him can derail a whole side. Literally every try came down that way against the roosters. Also in attack BJ ain't a centre no more he is nowhere when someone like Brooks/LL make a half break. If he was just there in support it would have been 18-18 at halftime. Then BJ also does dumb offloads, gives away penalties and six agains he literally in 2 weeks probably undone all the good work they were trying to do. Even one of the grubbers Brooks kicked dead he was running looking for a runner and no-one was within 20m so he panicked on the last and booted it rather then just tap it. I just think the team can only improve from here. If it's still bad then yeah no more excuses for Brooks.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I remember Garner and Brooks developing a solid combo, and the. LL moved to left edge to split up from BJ. I'd really like to see a left edge of Kepoa, Talau, Brooks and Garner and then just leave them there for 4 games. Even if they suck, just leave them there to see if they can build combinations.

Roberts is a right centre anyway so I don't see why he was named on the left. He was practicing with Nofo all summer so hopefully he stays there.

Fordy20

Juniors
Here is a scenario:

As we get towards the end of the season, both Brooks and the club decide to part ways. Brook's manager has been putting out feelers, and a club in UK is willing to pay him a million a season for 4 year deal, starting 2022. In addition, the club decide to not take up the option for 2022 for BJ's contract, nor do we re-sign Packer. Including Reynolds contract, we now have 2 million spare. No other players are being moved on - Mbye will be here for 2022 and the club decide to re-sign Roberts and Liddle for another x years on a bargain deal.

You are now Adam Hartigan. What do you do? Who do you go after? etc

If we're searching for a halfback to replace Brooks at the end of the season, then we're in big trouble. It's not like there are bunch of quality halfbacks running around at the moment looking for a contract

Perth Tiger

Bench
If we're searching for a halfback to replace Brooks at the end of the season, then we're in big trouble. It's not like there are bunch of quality halfbacks running around at the moment looking for a contract

Yep, you basically have to develop them because pretty much no good ones (Keary aside) have been bought from another club

Tiger05

First Grade
In saying that he was actually playing to his strengths for the first 30min other then the 2 grubbers then he lost his way.

Great post. Those grubbers were also the right option. He stuffed up the execution. I reckon he just has to relax and play footy. If he doesn't get it right though he will be gone. There aren't many good halves out there.

Shredder

Juniors
Im just glad that the club understands we have a lack of depth in the halves.

It wouldnt surprise me through if we do get Hastings, that we release Walters to Brisbane.

WA Tiger

Bench
Ive got a feeling Hastings has zero interest of coming to WT and Madge will be holding onto Walters for dear life ..

WA Tiger

Bench
We don’t need a quality half. Just one that has options on the 5th tackle 5m out with players outside him that doesn’t include dropping to the ground and crawling toward the line like a dog because he’s lost confidence in his own kick

Last edited: