What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

hutch

First Grade
Yeah he can play alright. Not the biggest player but it doesn't seem to matter. Long term halfback for the club hopefully!

azsportza

Live Update Team
Luke Brooks Stats:

80 minutes played - 29 receives - 2 runs (10m) - 1 try assist - 14 tackles - 1 line break

I would have liked to see him run more last night, but Mitch Cornish is a dominate halfback who didn't give Brooks many chances to run. But his kicking game was good. He is no doubt a talent and a future first grader.

dumpy

Juniors
Hybrid, Luke Brooks played well but eye catching effort by Brenden Santi. Defended stoutly, ran hard and straight and got involved. Nrl side please note.

gronkathon

First Grade
I have seen NYC locks like Santi fail against men before. See him at NSW Cup level before assessing.

Brooks did the job asked of him I think. The NSWNYC team runs on seniority for the most part.

Brooks & moses should get a chance to show their wares as a duo next year

Brooks looks good but is only 19 this year and has spent a lot of time injured since under 15s.

They will probably not rush him to much into higher grades

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Not worth risking him in my opinion. The likely outcome, given so many injuries affecting the Nrl side, is that Canterbury win convincingly on Friday and his confidence is dented as a result

boonboon

Juniors
Not sure whether to risk him -as for not running that often Adam Reynolds hasn't run in 2 years of first grade and everyone loves him

innsaneink

Referee
LOL....what a brain dead comment, when you have a forward pack like souths and then backs like Sutton merrit & Inglis.....a half only needs to pass and kick

BrotherJim05

Bench
6 U20s games to his name. Miller has 6 NRL games and an U20s captaincy to his name. Miller would be a better option than Brooks for the resr of year.

super_coach

First Grade
You can blood a boom youngster into a team in red hot form, ie Tim Brasher, but to blood a boom youngster into a key role in a team on the ropes is madness. Maybe if we had a real chance at finals football and it was two rounds to go you would roll the dice, but in round eight and trying to dodge the spoon,i say noway

super_coach

First Grade
Never seen him play. Why so many wraps on him?
What's so special?

Mate looks a little like Johns and plays a little like him,great kicking game long and short,good vision and very strong for a kid so young. Started the season really well but is slowing down a little now with our u20s form up and down like a yoyo.

Got the feeling the better the company,the better the kid will go, although I would wrap him in cotton wool till 2014

MadPie

Juniors
Heard on the radio this morning that we may not be able to play Brooks due to salary cap issues after having already used 26 players and our second tier cap. Interesting. Surely we could get some special consideration due to an unusually bad injury toll, as its not be design.

Radical Rat

Juniors
You can blood a boom youngster into a team in red hot form, ie Tim Brasher, but to blood a boom youngster into a key role in a team on the ropes is madness. Maybe if we had a real chance at finals football and it was two rounds to go you would roll the dice, but in round eight and trying to dodge the spoon,i say noway

Agreed, it would be total madness. It would be an absolutely horrible decision to throw Brooks in now. There is no point whatsoever in blooding him now.

DanOz

Juniors
Agreed, it would be total madness. It would be an absolutely horrible decision to throw Brooks in now. There is no point whatsoever in blooding him now.
Its always a gamble. Woods and Groat are prime examples, one came up diamonds, the other drowned, and it wasnt Groats fault by any stretch of the imagination. I hope he can come back from being thrown to the wolves.

Its always a gamble. Woods and Groat are prime examples, one came up diamonds, the other drowned, and it wasnt Groats fault by any stretch of the imagination. I hope he can come back from being thrown to the wolves.

Great Woods v Groat analogy.
Never know till you try.
Benji did fine at 17 and 75kg.

Latest posts