What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

super_coach

First Grade
Groat has been really, really good on his comeback trail this season

Things might not be all gloom and doom, Groat looking good,Woods killing it,Bucanhan playing well above expectations, Galloway to come back and Gavert at the back end of the season. We just might have a pack that causes some damage

hutch

First Grade
Didn't think much of groat last year, thought he looked off the pace. Saw him in the flesh at the scg game, gee he has got some size about him. Looks much fitter and has put on a heap of bulk, havnt seem him play yet but it is a good sign if he is going well.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Heard on the radio this morning that we may not be able to play Brooks due to salary cap issues after having already used 26 players and our second tier cap. Interesting. Surely we could get some special consideration due to an unusually bad injury toll, as its not be design.

Brooks is going no where. He will be playing FG for Tigers before any other club.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Didn't think much of groat last year, thought he looked off the pace. Saw him in the flesh at the scg game, gee he has got some size about him. Looks much fitter and has put on a heap of bulk, havnt seem him play yet but it is a good sign if he is going well.

Groat was thrown into FG well before his time, that's nobody else's fault but Sheens and our inept recruitment department who knowingly went into last season two props short yet did nothing about it.

Everyone puts shit on Groat but he's a baby in prop terms and I think he'll end up being a very good player.

macnaz

Staff member
Plus the dog head shot from Teo didnt help his confidence. Still wished Becovich(spellcheck) had of stayed.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
IMO we are ok with front rowers "if we could keep them all on the paddock", Woods, Keefy, (as starting props) Groat, Buchanan, Gavet??? (who knows) etc, it's the back row that lets us down week in week out. None of our current back row can bend the line in attack or hurt in defence. We need some size & mongrel, that's where we are sadly lacking. If we could conjure up a couple from somewhere I think our backs would suddenly look a whole lot sharper....(altho we could do with some pace on the opposite wing to Koro).
BMM looks like someone I wouldn't want to run into in a dark alley but continually fails to deliver any consistent impact, he has the size, he has the pace.....BUT???
Just my opinion...

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Can't argue your logic Magpie Tragic, I think it is a fair assumption of where we are at the moment. We really miss Ellis don't we, you couldn't put a price on him....

IMO we are ok with front rowers "if we could keep them all on the paddock", Woods, Keefy, (as starting props) Groat, Buchanan, Gavet??? (who knows) etc, it's the back row that lets us down week in week out. None of our current back row can bend the line in attack or hurt in defence. We need some size & mongrel, that's where we are sadly lacking. If we could conjure up a couple from somewhere I think our backs would suddenly look a whole lot sharper....(altho we could do with some pace on the opposite wing to Koro).
BMM looks like someone I wouldn't want to run into in a dark alley but continually fails to deliver any consistent impact, he has the size, he has the pace.....BUT???
Just my opinion...

As soon as Woods or Keef get injured we are farked. The depth isnt strong enough at present. We need an experienced prop added to our rotation.

.....and two powerhouse backrowers.

DanOz

Juniors
Groat was thrown into FG well before his time, that's nobody else's fault but Sheens and our inept recruitment department who knowingly went into last season two props short yet did nothing about it.

Everyone puts shit on Groat but he's a baby in prop terms and I think he'll end up being a very good player.

Groat earned some criticism because he was out of his depth at the time, but I agree that he has real potential.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Anasta and Blair is a potent duo. Throw in Fulton and that's plenty of impact in the back row. We haven't seen a trio like that since Nick Graham, Corey Patterson and Scott Sattler terrorised the comp in 2004

super_coach

First Grade
Our books are full of players who have years to run on their contracts that need to be moved on. In the past the ESL was the perfect place to offload a inflated and under performing contract,but now with new tax laws in the uk and a very strong Aussie dollar, the ESL is not the haven it was.

Really if your were fair dinkum and went through our playing roster their would be lucky to be 10 players worth keeping out of about 30. Its very hard not to feel depressed about our short term future

Tiger05

First Grade
Anasta and Blair is a potent duo. Throw in Fulton and that's plenty of impact in the back row. We haven't seen a trio like that since Nick Graham, Corey Patterson and Scott Sattler terrorised the comp in 2004

I laughed but when it is the team you support its not really funny.

Wow....we did have some prized pillow fighters back in those early days of the WT,we can laugh now but back in the day as mentioned it wasn't funny.
Graham,Sattler,Patterson vs Fulton,Blair,Anasta.....it still not funny.

Groat earned some criticism because he was out of his depth at the time, but I agree that he has real potential.

He was an 18 year old trying to compete at NRL level. He was brought on too early, can't begrudge the kid for putting his hand up and having a go.

We should be right once the pigs start returning. It'd be nice to have some back rowers with some impact though. Should renegotiate Blair's contract so that he's paid by the metre. Won't cost us f**k all then.

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
I saw enough of him on Saturday to know he is going to be a very good halfback. His kicking game was very good ( except for the few unlucky kicks that had too much on them ) That drop-out that found touch was quite impressive. He isn't afraid to run the ball but i love the fact is that he attacks the line on almost every play ala Keiren Foran.

If the Tigers let him go the board is downright pathetic and stupid. Much more potential then Miller in my opinion.

Matchball

Bench
I saw enough of him on Saturday to know he is going to be a very good halfback. His kicking game was very good ( except for the few unlucky kicks that had too much on them ) That drop-out that found touch was quite impressive. He isn't afraid to run the ball but i love the fact is that he attacks the line on almost every play ala Keiren Foran.

If the Tigers let him go the board is downright pathetic and stupid. Much more potential then Miller in my opinion.

They won't let him go.
Just got extended to 2017.

Latest posts