What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

Similar in style to a DCE or Kimmorley. A real goer with a good head on his shoulders.
He is why they were so happy to let Miller go.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm not comparing him to him because it's ridiculous. But he has the same body shape and moves exactly the same as Andrew johns did. The first try he set up where he took the ball to the line, stepped off his right and offloaded to cherington to score was exactly how Joey used to do it.

Like I said I'm not comparing them skill wise, just the way they look when they have the ball.

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
I must admit i did like how he wasnt afraid to get into the Canberra props face when he scored. Obviously with a bit more maturity that will be cut out but its the first time i actually watched him with better views and i am very happy. We have a half for the next 10-15 years if we are smart about it

hutch

First Grade
I'm not comparing him to him because it's ridiculous. But he has the same body shape and moves exactly the same as Andrew johns did. The first try he set up where he took the ball to the line, stepped off his right and offloaded to cherington to score was exactly how Joey used to do it.

Like I said I'm not comparing them skill wise, just the way they look when they have the ball.

My thoughts exactly!

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think it was the famous try in origin 2005 where johns got the ball, went to the right, stepped back in and gave the ball to Buderus who scored...that exactly what The try he set up was, a carbon copy of that.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I watched the last 15 minutes of the WT v Canberra match on foxtel; first time I have actually watched young Brooks.

Ok, I might have missed the first 65 minutes but I kept a close eye on him for that 15 minutes and came away thinking the kid's defence is shithouse. Now, I know that this common in the U20s and Benji defence is shitehousen too, but I would suggest leaving Brooks in the NYC for this year and play him in the NSW Cup next year before a permanent move in the NL in 2015 if he fulfils his potential.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I think Brooks missed tackle count was into double figures.

I dont reckon we could carry him as well as Benji, it'd be like defending with 11.

The only thing that happens more often than a benji/brooks missed tackle is commentators saying "Curtis Sironen's future is in the backrow.'

Anasta should play 7 in my opinion.

deemac77

Juniors
How can he possibly be called a future 1st grader when hes 18. This is ridiculous.
There is such a huge step up from 20s-1st grade and ive only seen a few handle it.

Let him finish the year in 20s then NSW cup if hes good enough.

gronkathon

First Grade
He was actually playing better in the NSW Cup then he has been in NYC. The better structured the play the better he is.

On his missed tackle count stats often lie a bit. He missed tackles but often made second efforts and made the tackle and put his body into it every time. Not like Benji and his little arm grappling technique

macnaz

Staff member
He was actually playing better in the NSW Cup then he has been in NYC. The better structured the play the better he is.

On his missed tackle count stats often lie a bit. He missed tackles but often made second efforts and made the tackle and put his body into it every time. Not like Benji and his little arm grappling technique

True on both counts .

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I made comment in another thread that I haven't seen Luke Brooks play too many games. My major concern for next year is about who will be guiding us around the field. With our halves this year we have had little to no effect (impact) and certainly no creativity. The result is Farah either tries to hard and makes mistakes or other teams know if they close down Farah we have nothing.

With so many young players in the backline next year, I'm thinking (just for an example);

1. Richards/Simona
2. Koro
3. Lawrence
4. Nofo
5. Simona/Richards
6. Sironen
7. Brooks

Will Brooks have the game to guide this team? I am not the greatest fan of Siro at 5/8 but there is not many choices at the moment. I suppose I am looking for reassurance this kid has the game because while I see potential in that backline to score points someone has to call the shots and take pressure of Farah. If this kid can't step up, what are our options?

I need to have something to ease this off season...been a tough year!!!

BrotherJim05

Bench
DO NOT BLOOD HIM NOW.

18-19 is actually a big difference in terms of size as your entire body grows significantly over the 18-22 period. Give him an off season in the gym and start him in NSW cup untill Anasta gets injured before putting him into FG.

I'd be much more confident with Siro at 6 and Anasta at 7. Not the best combo in the world but better than Brooks getting completely KO'd and losing his confidence. Only situation where i would see it okay is if next year our forwards become a strong pack with excellent go forward.

Dr Gonzo

Juniors
this poor kid and Moses are under HUGE amounts of pressure to succeed. I seriously dont remember a debut as anticipated as these two. I hope they wait until next year personally. Give him an off season to gain some more size perhaps. Dont want another Tedesco type injury.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks is ready to play from the bench for the time being.

Start with Benji and Braith in the halves. at halftime, swap them for Sironen and Brooks for the second half.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks is ready to play from the bench for the time being.

Start with Benji and Braith in the halves. at halftime, swap them for Sironen and Brooks for the second half.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Brooks is definitely ready for a cameo and IMO it has to happen this year for the good of his development.

No way would I be starting him this season, however put him on for the last 20 minutes and give him a taste.

First of all that will take some of the pressure off him and he won't feel as though he needs to control a whole game.

Secondly it will take some of the media pressure off him if he gets a little taste this year. The scrutiny on him now is already huge, I would hate to think of another whole off season of it. The poor kid will be mentally exhausted by the time the season starts.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
thirdly, all the players on the other side will be tired and won't be able to target him as heavily.

Latest posts