What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt a Titan?

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Why would the Titans want him when they already have better young talent?

I don't think anyone in the NRL would be interested in Burt. If he goes anywhere it will be England.

Evenflow

Bench
My mail is that this story has legs. Burt is just one of a number of players who regardless of having a current contract have been tapped on the shoulder by Anderson about moving on.

With many of the inflated salaries that they already have on their books, the significant upgrade to Hayne and the new signings already done they have some major cap balancing problems.

Put like that it makes a lot of sense. I don't necessarily mean Burt in particular leaving but given they've signed Poore, Shackleton and Tahu as well as re-signing Hayne for what you'd think would be a very handsome upgrade the salary cap would have to be biting hard.

Given the story today that they're struggling to have Kingston there next year and probably won't be able to keep him after having to pay 50k for his appearances this year only adds more credence to the story.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Put like that it makes a lot of sense. I don't necessarily mean Burt in particular leaving but given they've signed Poore, Shackleton and Tahu as well as re-signing Hayne for what you'd think would be a very handsome upgrade the salary cap would have to be biting hard.

Given the story today that they're struggling to have Kingston there next year and probably won't be able to keep him after having to pay 50k for his appearances this year only adds more credence to the story.

Hayne's contract for 2010 is still small. His new contract doesn't start till 2011.

Clarkieel

Juniors
not to mention Osbourne said on sports tongiht last night he is definately staying lol man a lot of rubbish goes around this time of year

Bench
not to mention Osbourne said on sports tongiht last night he is definately staying lol man a lot of rubbish goes around this time of year
Hope that is true,Burt deserves to stay on next year,he has given great service to Parra over the years.

muznik

Juniors
Wasnt Delaney pushed out due to the up & coming young talent?
Why would they then sign Burt ?

Helen

Juniors
Wasnt Delaney pushed out due to the up & coming young talent?
Why would they then sign Burt ?

Delaney was offered a 4 year deal by the Titans. He turned it down because he wanted to move to a Sydney club.

Shot himself in the foot.

Sleep

Juniors
Someone in the backline has to make way for Tahu. I figured it'd be Burt and when Inu said how excited he was to play outside Tahu again I thought he meant Burt was going to be the one.

Fui!!!

Juniors
:lol:

If you think a new deal won't start with immediate effect you're dreaming.

Salary cap wise, it will have no affect on next year and forcing out players NEXT YEAR.

Heck, he hasn't even signed the contract yet.

Bigfella

Coach
My mail is that this story has legs. Burt is just one of a number of players who regardless of having a current contract have been tapped on the shoulder by Anderson about moving on.

With many of the inflated salaries that they already have on their books, the significant upgrade to Hayne and the new signings already done they have some major cap balancing problems. Anderson has always earmarked the end of season to reshuffle the deck, and he and Osborne play a deliberate good cop bad cop game, with Osborne forever pumping the media with positive sugar coated stories to keep everything nice and positive after all the bad news that they've been through through recent months.

There is no doubt that there are going to be some suprise exits from their list through the weeks ahead.

Yep, he specifically targeted Grand Final Week to walk up to blokes and say "By the way champ, I think you are an overpaid, overrated hack and I want you out ... now mind back on the game hey?"

thuggdogg

Juniors
I read about this yesterday myself and attempted to talk to him about it today.

I dont know Burt personally but i 'accidentally' ran into him today and just thought i would ask...being his biggest fan n all hehe.

He didnt want to talk about it at all when i asked him.

I dont know how to take that, maybe he was just weirded out that a young black guy with a bandana was asking him questions or he might be gagged on it.

Honestly dont know. One things certain it was a bit of a waste of time in hindsight.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I wouldnt rule it out completely. I mean with the new signing of Tahu, formers NSW winger Eric Growthe on one wing, as well as youngsters like Hayne, Inu and Reddy, where exactly does Burt fit into the backline for 2010?

Latest posts