What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt a Titan?

coldhardbitch

Juniors
I am reliably informed from someone within the Titans coaching staff that Luke Burt has penned a 2 year deal with ther Titans.

If it is, it will add significant depth to the backline, and plug the gap left by Delaney leaving.

Good signing. Eels fans would be gutted though.

I have also been told by the same source that the Titans are genuinely trying to lure Greg Bird, but it isn't a done deal yet- they should know before the end of October though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...comments/paul_osborne_talks_footy_finals/P20/

Hi Paul

Just wanted to say you are exactly what this club needed.

I have been a parramatta supporter for 30 years, and i finally feel as though we are heading in the right direction. Thank you.

Good luck to the boys tonight. I will be there cheering, regardless of what happens next I am proud of the Eels.

p.s. Please extend Luke Burt’s contract - I couldn’t bear to see him in any other jersey.
Mandy of Sydney (Reply)
Fri 18 Sep 09 (08:52am)

Burty’s another one who is related to Roy so I think he’ll be going out in a box…
Paul Osborne
Fri 18 Sep 09 (12:55pm)

Iafeta

Referee
If any club could fit him under their version of the salary cap its probably the Titans....

Rogue.9

Juniors
Osborne was on the radio 20 minutes ago and said Burt was an Eel for next year, in fact he knocked back a offer from England.

DeeJ

Bench
Why would the Titans bother with him? They have a lot of good young wingers coming through and about a thousand goal kicking options already.

Binga

Juniors
As if the Titans would sign another winger, when they clearly need more depth in the forwards

big boppa eel

Juniors
I am reliably informed from someone within the Titans coaching staff that Luke Burt has penned a 2 year deal with ther Titans.

If it is, it will add significant depth to the backline, and plug the gap left by Delaney leaving.

Good signing. Eels fans would be gutted though.

I have also been told by the same source that the Titans are genuinely trying to lure Greg Bird, but it isn't a done deal yet- they should know before the end of October though.
Your right, would hate to lose him if true.

Eelectrica

Referee
How do these rumours start? To think someone could actually be dumb enough to believe he'd be signing over to a new club whilst preparing for a Grand Final is worrying in itself.

The Informer

Juniors
My mail is that this story has legs. Burt is just one of a number of players who regardless of having a current contract have been tapped on the shoulder by Anderson about moving on.

With many of the inflated salaries that they already have on their books, the significant upgrade to Hayne and the new signings already done they have some major cap balancing problems. Anderson has always earmarked the end of season to reshuffle the deck, and he and Osborne play a deliberate good cop bad cop game, with Osborne forever pumping the media with positive sugar coated stories to keep everything nice and positive after all the bad news that they've been through through recent months.

There is no doubt that there are going to be some suprise exits from their list through the weeks ahead.

Latest posts