What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt could leave Eels

dazeely

First Grade
Luke Burt could leave Eels

July 25, 2009

http://www.nospam09.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hp-main7.jpgVeteran Eels utility Luke Burt has been the latest Parramatta player subject to transfer discussion after initial focus centred around Kris Inu being shopped around to free up salary cap dollars for the Western Sydney club.

Burt debuted for the Eels in 1999 as an 18 year old, his classy play and long blonde locks earning comparisons with former Eels - Peter Sterling and Paul Taylor.

Establishing himself as a fullback, Burt had on-going battles with the likes of Clinton Schifcofske, Wade McKinnon and even the man some say Burt is very similar to Brett Hodgson.

A one club man, Burt looks likely to be squeezed out of the Eels as they attempt to wrap up young talent in Jarryd Hayne and Daniel Mortimer and bring in big names Justin Poore, Shane Shackleton and Timana Tahu.
While initial talk at the club was around the out of form Kris Inu being shopped around, the rumour mill has gone into overdrive regarding Luke Burt this week.

Some suggest the Wests Tigers may be interested in the utility value of Burt and others are saying that a stint in the UK for larger dollars will be more up Luke Burts alley.

Regardless, the Parramatta veteran has been in solid form in recent weeks and despite some poor goal kicking look relatively safe as the club transitions to a new era with many veterans coming off contract in the years ahead.

Apart from Burt and Inu, the likes of Nathan Cayless and Eric Grothe are two other senior players on decent dollars that may be placed under the microscope as the Eels try to free up cash and continue their bold bid for the likes of Jonathan Thurston for 2011.

NRL News - http://www.nospam09.com/

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
some one's been reading our forums again

no quotes in that articles

another slow news day

Even though Burty is not one of my Faves..... What a crap article!! Seriously, Some idiots just make this sh*t up.

J.hardiplank

Juniors
Can't lose Burt. Need to win premiership for him.
Also can't lose Big bad bustling Ben Smith, Joel (Pound 4 Pound) Reddy or Inu or Lowrie or Galavao.

Must keep them all.

Eels Dude

Coach
Agreed. Anyway if he were to leave I get the impression it would at the end of next year when his contract expires.

EELICIT

Juniors
He's as much an instituiton as hindmarsh is so we shouldnt let him go and win a comp for him!

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
in the bigpond video, DA did mention inu and smith would compete for 1 spot while tahu has the other. Surely grothe and reddy have the wings over burt?

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
in the bigpond video, DA did mention inu and smith would compete for 1 spot while tahu has the other. Surely grothe and reddy have the wings over burt?

Very interesting, I never thought Smith would be considered for that spot seeing as his been playing in the backrow and has been going OK there lately

J.hardiplank

Juniors

It's gonna hurt to lose any of those. But surely not Burt.

Do we really need Tahu back after last weekends display?

Yes we do, I love him too!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
So Timana's coming back as a winger, not a centre?

...ouch.
That really does push Luke to one side :(

Parra Steve

Juniors
I think if Burt was to leave he'd go to ESL, i can't see him going to another club where he had to play against us.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Someone has to go next year, unfortunate that it may be Burt. Someone has to make the tough decisions after Hagan's mismanagement of the cap. Glad that we have that someone in DA.

Suitman

Post Whore
Someone has to go next year, unfortunate that it may be Burt. Someone has to make the tough decisions after Hagan's mismanagement of the cap. Glad that we have that someone in DA.

Indeed.
Not saying I want to see Burt go, but tough decisions will need to be made.
If he's considered one of them, so be it.

Suity

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Reddy V. Burt is a tough one on current form.

Burty has speed that Reddy doesn't have and he' our goal kicker which would probably give him an advantage.

Cant complain about Reddy's form either.

Glad I'm not the one who has to make the decision, because quite frankly neither of them deserve to be playing for Wenty on current form.

mickdo

Coach
Realistically, whichever is pushed back to Wenty could still expect to see a decent amount of first grade game time. It would be an amazing year to go without injuries in the outside backs, and then there's rep duties as well.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I just can't see anyone happy with Luke at centre.. I would have him there in an instant if it meant he could stay.

I can see why so many people are looking for INU to move on! Despite him working so hard for us and playing resonabily well.. 6 into 5 doesn't go!

pauljc26

Juniors
I would prefer to keep Burt over grothe
i like grothe but i just don't think he is that reliable
you never know what grothe you are going to get the one that can be explosive and does all the right things or the one that comes not turned on and goes missing in action when defending on the wing