What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt could leave Eels

My Dad's a Principal HJ, and he can't wait for the autonomy of staff selection either. I have seen the idiots he has to deal with....I don't know how the bloke gets up each day without a mental breakdown....there are some great teachers in the system and then there are some nuffies too!

Autonomy won't just allow principals to ditch sh*tty teachers, it will give so much more. Schools have their own personalities and each have their own needs based on their communities. Autonomy will allow principals to target, say, teachers who are locals themselves as well as teachers that have specific experience or skills.

Currently, you basically sit on your arse, doing sh*t all until you go high enough up the list to land an easy job. Then you just bludge. This, of course, isn;t 100% true but it's true enough to screw the system up badly.

~25% of new teachers leave within the first 5 years. From my experience and the many conversations that I've had, this is somewhat significantly due to the fact that in order to get a full time job straight away you accept being put wherever the Department places you. Thing is, most vacant places are in schools that new teachers shouldn't be allowed near. Places like my lovely home of Penrith (or Mt. Druitt, Richmond etc).

I knew all of this before signing up. So I just decided to screw it, pick and choose block placements to get the experience I need and wait for the system to change so that it doesn't serve those who have simply clocked up the years but instead serves those who have the right focus and desires.

I don't know how many arguments I've been in regarding my support for the changes. Pinko Commie Union Wanker Teachers (the vast majority) go almost ballistic when the topic comes up. It's hilarious.

But anyways, no change from my end regarding the Luke Burt situation...

lingard

Coach
no where in my post is the word "everyone"........ the 'all' was implying his good service to the club...... and no-one I'm aware of was bidding for his services........... sorry to be so confusing

Hey, listen, Woddy - no-one`s saying that anyone said everyone. Anyone can see that everyone`s thinking no-one`s saying anything. Right?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd love nothing more than to see Burty retire an eel but if not I'd love him to score a big contract in England to set him and his young family up, tbh I'd hate to want to play against him in the NRL, but if it does happen, so be it.

Latest posts