What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt Farewell

Eels Dude

Coach
Didn't have the best year??? :lol: He was a walking corpse for most of it. I may have posted that last night after a few too many and pissed off at the teams effort but FMD he was without doubt the biggest protacted species to pull on a Parra jersey. Hayne,Hindy,Mannah,Lasalo,Tautai,Keating,Sio,Blair,Keating,Poore have at certain times copped it deluxe on here so why should our favourite autograpther signer be any different???? And i stand by what i said last night any other club would have tapped him on the shoulder years ago another reason why are down in the cellar.

There's about a dozen Luke Burt hate threads started by Ashley or Sefton where you could added this and your previous contribution to. I suppose this is a troll thread however.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There's about a dozen Luke Burt hate threads started by Ashley or Sefton where you could added this and your previous contribution to. I suppose this is a troll thread however.
It's a troll thread, so why not :crazy:.

Sure he was a loyal clubmen and seems a fantastic bloke. In 07 from fullback he was probably having his best ever year before he got that shocking injury he was never quite the same player again. He lost some speed but seemed to lose his nerve, afraid to take bombs or put his body on the line in defence. If he had of went out with Caylo i wouldn't have felt the need to comment on a thread like this. He had tapered off but it was still a fine career from a great bloke,but these last two years were painful watching him at times basically not try.

Kearney tried to make a tough decision one of the few i agreed with but the media and fans went batshit so he took the soft option. If we started a thread on Luke Burt in the NRL forum it would be interesting to see what other RL fans thought of him without the Blue and Gold glasses.

Eels Dude

Coach
It's a troll thread, so why not :crazy:.

Sure he was a loyal clubmen and seems a fantastic bloke. In 07 from fullback he was probably having his best ever year before he got that shocking injury he was never quite the same player again. He lost some speed but seemed to lose his nerve, afraid to take bombs or put his body on the line in defence. If he had of went out with Caylo i wouldn't have felt the need to comment on a thread like this. He had tapered off but it was still a fine career from a great bloke,but these last two years were painful watching him at times basically not try.

Kearney tried to make a tough decision one of the few i agreed with but the media and fans went batshit so he took the soft option. If we started a thread on Luke Burt in the NRL forum it would be interesting to see what other RL fans thought of him without the Blue and Gold glasses.

He's gone downhill no doubt as do a lot of players in their twilight years. You're right he probably should have retired a year ago. I don't think he's failed from lack of trying, he just knows his limitations as a footballer due to his lack of size. Last week he took a bomb just inside the field of play and then got monstered into the in goal so easily. Anyway, now he's retired it's time to stop bagging him out and show him the respect a bloke who plays 264 first grade games for the club and is our all time leading try scorer, deserves. He won't be remembered like Hindy, but those that say he wasn't deserving of a decent send-off are being unfair.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I admit he had a Barry Crocker last night but he's still a club legend as far as I'm concerned

Gazzamatta

Coach
The last two years were painful to watch as Parramatta fans so far as Luke Burt was concerned. Im definately of the opinion that S Kearney could not coach but given he had to contend with the "Luke Burt Testimonial Year", his sides were basically behind before the games even started. Every opposition team targeted that side of the Parramatta defence both with the high ball or running their attack.
Luke, no doubt was a great goal kicker and a great clubman and was also an adequate first grader for much of his career. Sadly these past two years were embarassing. Lets hope Parramatta 2013 onwards show some ba**s when tough decisions such as this present themselves.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The last two years were painful to watch as Parramatta fans so far as Luke Burt was concerned. Im definately of the opinion that S Kearney could not coach but given he had to contend with the "Luke Burt Testimonial Year", his sides were basically behind before the games even started. Every opposition team targeted that side of the Parramatta defence both with the high ball or running their attack.
Luke, no doubt was a great goal kicker and a great clubman and was also an adequate first grader for much of his career. Sadly these past two years were embarassing. Lets hope Parramatta 2013 onwards show some ba**s when tough decisions such as this present themselves.
Well said.

There is very little room for sentiment in professional sport. Burt has always been extremely popular amongst fans (hence anyone who criticises is shot down) and very popular amongst his fellow players. It is not so much skill, effort and smarts thats got him to the top and kept him around, its obviously his attitude and approach to the club, supporters and his teammates.

Obviously his strengths were goal kicking, the ability to ride on the teams success. He always contributed his most in years we were successful and on the front foot.

In years we struggled he was an absolute liability. Could offer nothing to get us out of trouble, and seriously you have to question his desire and effort. Which to me is why I was so heavy on him. 2 things last night:

It was as much effort as i'd seen him play with in a couple of seasons. Knowing it was his last game he was putting in on the kick chase, he chased hard from marker on the last tackle. He was out there to have a go and make a difference. Ideally what you'd want out of your experienced leaders every week.

Secondly, he was Luke Burt. He didn't want to dive on a loose ball at one stage that had been played at by Saints to get 6 again and was out hussled to it by Soward. Dan Hunt charging at him there was no attempt to hold on or get under him, just a resignation that Hunt was the bigger man and a half hearted slap at the ball. These are the sort of efforts that really show he should have been tapped on the shoulder a long time ago. The guy has been a target of other teams for the best part of his career, an even bigger one the last 2 years and has glaringly cost us games. Games you can't afford to lose when we need every win we can get.

But above all else, he is a mate of Hindys and sharing the stage with him last night apparantly was what Hindy wanted. So from that perspective it sits well with me. But from the inability of our club to make a hard decision on Burt perspective , it really is a glaring illustration of why we suck.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
So many tools....hilarious really

Pantha-Boy said:
Pathetic conclusion, disgraceful career.

Well done.

Who let you back in you insipid, poorly educated excuse for a sack of shit? Did you manage to steal a laptop and hide it from the social workers again or something?

Swiftstylez

Bench
Hey guys, just be glad that both Hindmarsh and Burt didn't go to another club and win a premiership and instead decided to suffer even in the back end of their careers, and in regards to Burt take pay cuts, in an often under-performing or underachieving rabble. Players like Inu have done the smart thing.

Sphagnum

Coach
To be fair, Kearney dropped him earlier in the year and we still leaked hundreds of points down his edge. Opposition teams target that side because of how small it is (Roberts, Morgan, burt) and fancied their chances of getting over the top of all of these midgets.

Good coaching having a bunch of garden gnomes all alone on one side of the field. Any half worth his salt would bomb Luke Burt all day with that in mind.

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta legend Luke Burt came out of retirement for one last game, raising money for breast cancer research.
Playing for Dudley in the Newcastle and Hunter Valley Second Division, Burt wasn’t holding back after coming off the bench.
The sign on the hill said it all, as everyone got into the spirit, even the beards looked pretty in pink.
Burt’s jersey will be auctioned off at the Ocean View Hotel tonight, adding to the $6000 already raised by the club.
http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php...nd-luke-burt-pretty-in-pink-for-a-good-cause/

Latest posts