What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Apparently Parra is shopping around for a club to take over Luke Burt's contract. He is a great goal kicker and a solid fullback/winger. Could he fit into WT at the moment?

Tedesco is gone for the season, a huge question mark hangs over Moltzen's role and lets face it Tuqiri is not playing well and is in his last season with us. Ryan could easily be shifted back to fullback from wing as well. Seems to me we could usefully find a place for him in the squad.

We have signed Cashmere to assist in the prop duties, maybe an argument can be made for a good utility in the backline that can kick to cover any injuries there.

innsaneink

Referee
No ?????'s on Timid when it comes to Teflon, he'll be first picked each week, and thats all that matters...and yeh we dont need Buuurrrrt

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If parra are paying his salary, i wouldn't be surprised if we got him. He's a better fullback than Moltzen, but i don't want him here.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
OK then, consensus is that Burt is unsuitable to WT. What can we do about goal kicking? Marshall will never get any better- the low to mid 60 percentile range is about it for him. Well below NRL expectations for first string kicker- Inu aint coming, Burt aint it, so what do we do? WT will loose games if we have to rely on Marshall's boot.

Radical Rat

Juniors
OK then, consensus is that Burt is unsuitable to WT. What can we do about goal kicking? Marshall will never get any better- the low to mid 60 percentile range is about it for him. Well below NRL expectations for first string kicker- Inu aint coming, Burt aint it, so what do we do? WT will loose games if we have to rely on Marshall's boot.

Benji already has got better. His kicking is much improved this year.

We don't need Burt. If Moltzen attacks the ball like he did yesterday we'll be just fine at FB.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I too think Benji has improved this year but he is only at 72% - hardly outstanding and still early days. I would love to see us with a consistent 80% kicker.

And why do you say Inu ain't coming MF? I would love this guy on our right edge, he can drift in and out of games but when he's on song he is class. And he's a career 80% kicker.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I definately 2nd that Marshall's goal kicking has improved tremendously over the last 12 months or so...

Yesterday all his kicks were over the black dot.. ( admittedly there was no pressure on any of them..)

Now if only he could improve his last tackle options....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benji already has got better. His kicking is much improved this year.

We don't need Burt. If Moltzen attacks the ball like he did yesterday we'll be just fine at FB.
lol

prior to Sunday he was kicking at 66.67%

2011 - 72.90%
2010 - 66.67%
2009 - 66.99%
2008 - 75.00%
2007 - 76.92%
2006 - 80.00%

He's not getting better, as he gets older he's getting worse.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
And why do you say Inu ain't coming MF? I would love this guy on our right edge, he can drift in and out of games but when he's on song he is class. And he's a career 80% kicker.

Inu is a good player when he wants to be but we would be the worst club for him.

We need players that step up when we are under the pump. No more players who drift in and out of games when they feel like it.

Radical Rat

Juniors
lol

prior to Sunday he was kicking at 66.67%

2011 - 72.90%
2010 - 66.67%
2009 - 66.99%
2008 - 75.00%
2007 - 76.92%
2006 - 80.00%

He's not getting better, as he gets older he's getting worse.

So he's kicking at his best percentage since 2008. Sounds like an improvement to me.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
While ever Humble is in the side he is an option. I seem to recall he was a really good goal kicker. Trouble is, just like in a game who is going to have the balls to say to Benji you ain't goal kicker...