What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis primed to snare Origin 5/8

perverse

Referee
wow.. what a geniused idea. put lewis on the bench for the utility spot... farah can go 80 minutes.

How can you say that there are better players than tongue when the majority that are being mentioned for the lock position or bench spots play a completely different role for their respective teams?

maple_69

Bench
If he was played as a second lock and the kicking duties were mainly shared by Wallace, Gidley, Farah and possibly Wing, it might work, but why bother with that, put proper halves in who are performing in those positions at their clubs and put Lewis at lock where he is performing outstandingly for his club.
Not rocket science.

Shorty

Staff member
This has got to be just speculation.
There's no way Lewis should be at pivot with the variety of options available, Lewis is good as a utility.
I know that the too many cooks issue may arise, but Mullen is a very good ball runner and Knights fans probably argue he's better running the ball anyway..

Joker's Wild

Coach
The "too many cooks" arguement doesnt wash with me at all.

Qld have 1.Slater/Hunt
6.Lockyer
7. JT
9.Smith
All these guys are ball players and seem to get along just fine winning games

Pierced Soul

First Grade

Qld have 1.Slater/Hunt
6.Lockyer
7. JT
9.Smith

thats cos they know and accept their roles. with inexperienced players it's harder to do that

in saying that qld votes for anasta at 6 :sarcasm:

Shorty

Staff member

Qld have 1.Slater/Hunt
6.Lockyer
7. JT
9.Smith
Hunt is not a ball player at all, he's just a very good support player.
Cam Smith/JT and Lockyer took a little while to gel.
JT and Lockyer especially struggled to find a good consistency in who called the shots.