What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis signs with Souths

Ryan

Juniors
Merrit / Hegarty / Vagana / Wing / Lewis / Asotasi / Kidwell / Fa'alogo / Sutton / Luke & co. Thye are building quite a squad.

Interesting to see who will be released to make way for him.

I'm assuming Hegarty.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Stagger eel said:
I see another Joe Gullavao situation happening here, might be worth Lukey boy looking into enquiring about some new residential property in Queensland using his generous pay packet from souths.

Are you saying that Lewis will do his own thing when he gets here, come up with lame excuses when it comes to pulling his weight when it comes to meeting sponsors, play like a busted arsehole living on one good season played years ago, and in the end, p1ssing off his teamates so much that they couldn't give a toss when the club forced his lame arse out of the club?

Shiate, we had better reconsider.

Brycey

Juniors
Glad to see Souths once again blooding through juniors instead of buying established rep players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ziggy the God said:
Are you saying that Lewis will do his own thing when he gets here, come up with lame excuses when it comes to pulling his weight when it comes to meeting sponsors, play like a busted arsehole living on one good season played years ago, and in the end, p1ssing off his teamates so much that they couldn't give a toss when the club forced his lame arse out of the club?

Shiate, we had better reconsider.

lol....you can be as speculative as you want, fact remains he was treated like sh*t after they were stupid enough to sign him to a big deal.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Stagger eel said:
lol....you can be as speculative as you want, fact remains he was treated like sh*t after they were stupid enough to sign him to a big deal.

None of that is speculation.

yobbo84

Coach
Brycey said:
Glad to see Souths once again blooding through juniors instead of buying established rep players.

Yeah. I mean with guys like Merritt, Talanoa, Gordon, Champion, Huihahau, Wing and Paea fighting for positions in the backline, there will be no room for our juniors next year :roll:.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Stagger eel said:
rightio...looking forward to reading the link that you'll no doubt provide to prove me wrong. ;-)

Sure, the same as your link that he was treated so poorly after putting in as much as all of his teamates. ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
I guess you have to settle for solid players like Luke Lewis when quality players like Hayne knock you back.

Poor old JT isnt looking much like a super coach nowdays, is he?

LeagueLegend

Juniors
$350K for a guy who hasn't played for NSW for 4 years or Australia in 5 years. Richo certainly has liking to paying big $'s for ex-Panther players but has nothing to show for it.

The only reason Souths won the race for Lewis's signature was because he couldn't wait to sign for the big dollars that no other club was offering.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ziggy the God said:
Oh yes, poor Joe, he did nothing wrong, the club are a bunch of arseholes.

well you have an opportunity to provide a link as i rightly did but suffice to say you came up with a "duck egg"...

I'm sure your used to it, your own side has been coming up with nothing in the last few weeks.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Stagger eel said:
well you have an opportunity to provide a link as i rightly did but suffice to say you came up with a "duck egg"...

I'm sure your used to it, your own side has been coming up with nothing in the last few weeks.

**BOOM TISH** Please stop, that really hurts.

I know what I said is the truth, so do many others, so one day it will all come out.

There certainly was alot of outrage that poured out of the playing ranks at him being cut.

Anyone who was treated so badly, and didn't deserve to be cut, would certainly find someone within the 100 people that are involved in the club to leak something out.

Didn't hear a peep, even out of the gossip rags on Sundays.

Sometimes silence is more deafening.

Black Majik

Juniors
LeagueLegend said:
$350K for a guy who hasn't played for NSW for 4 years or Australia in 5 years. Richo certainly has liking to paying big $'s for ex-Panther players but has nothing to show for it.

The only reason Souths won the race for Lewis's signature was because he couldn't wait to sign for the big dollars that no other club was offering.

He said as much ("look after myself").

Richo ruined our club with his incentives and paying over's for players. He went about re-signing everyone on the 2003 form (ignoring 2002 form) and left in 2004...leaving us with 4 years of high paid "primadonna's".

I thought we had gone through the worst of it but it seems we still have a few more to go.

Black Majik

Juniors
Ziggy the God said:
**BOOM TISH** Please stop, that really hurts.

I know what I said is the truth, so do many others, so one day it will all come out.

There certainly was alot of outrage that poured out of the playing ranks at him being cut.

Anyone who was treated so badly, and didn't deserve to be cut, would certainly find someone within the 100 people that are involved in the club to leak something out.

Didn't hear a peep, even out of the gossip rags on Sundays.

Sometimes silence is more deafening.

Yeah Joe...go become a Minister ya ar$ehole trouble maker! :roll:

NGR

Juniors
Black Majik said:
Yeah Joe...go become a Minister ya ar$ehole trouble maker! :roll:
he wasnt putting in at training... whats wrong with getting rid of a bloke who doesnt want to train...

makes sense to me

Latest posts