What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis

newman

First Grade
Apparently will be seeking a release from the Panthers and is announcing this at 2pm.

Could he be our solution in the centres? Some kind of player that bloke, I love him.

Anyone heard anything?

Ausguy

Coach
yeah he would go ok...

on a seperate issue... how bad are penrith going in regards to keeping their fans happy... gordon... lewis... geez

Quigs

Immortal
Isn't Jennings going too.

If the story is correct how would JT feel if he is going to go to the mountains, knowing that most of the guns have gone elsewhere.

carcharias

Immortal
why indeed.

he was one of the best in the blues with what little time he got the other night.

he is a fast machine

Frailty

First Grade
I'd love him, but we have an abundance of backrowers already, and I think he doesn't have the pace in the centres anymore...

Poss

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...se-from-the-club/story-e6frexqi-1226420608097

PENRITH has granted a release to club legend Luke Lewis after weeks of speculation about his future.

The decision will be revealed at a press conference this afternoon where both Lewis and Panthers general manager Phil Gould will be in attendance.

"It's unfortunate but it's like a bad marriage - there's no point hanging on to someone when he doesn't want to be here," a Penrith official told thetelegraph.com.au.

There is speculation that Lewis spent the weekend in the company of Paul Gallen his former Penrith teammate Wade Graham in Cronulla.

The Sharks are the front runners to sign him for next season but there is strong interest from St George Illawarra as well.

It is too late for Lewis to switch clubs mid-season as the June 30 deadline for transfers has now passed

He will play out the remainder of the season with the Panthers.

Nuffs

Bench
wasn't Lewis spotted at Cronulla lunching with Irvine on Saturday or Sunday?

that's the rumour doing the rounds. and told to me by a couple of very different sauces

love it if true

Quigs

Immortal
Make it happen. Even if we rort the cap. Crikey it is not like it hasn't been done a few times before.

The Pennies owe us big time anyway. We gave them the Limmo.

dont get me wrong, luke lewis is a fantastic player and would be happy to have him in a sharks jumper, just concerned we are starting to get a bit heavy again in the forwards dollars wise

id say put him in the centres but does he have enough pace for it?