What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis

just been told through an extended grape vine that the deal is already done, if true, absolutely leathal execution from sharks admin to get it done!

jc155776

Coach
I'd be happy with Pom and Best in the centres for another year if we got Lewis.

Remember we have Gordon to come into the backline still and Gards returning.

Not terrible options to pick 5 from next year.

Special K

Coach
I heard something last week about Lewis out, Thurston in but did not believe it. I did take notice to how he was talking up the sharks on the footy show. He and Gallen are close - I've heard Gallen list Lewis as his best mate on tours.

I'd shit my pants if the sharks signed Lewis.

jc155776

Coach
Graham would be another connection. Lewis would be a great mentor around the club, a real leader and brings some intangibles to a team.

Craigshark

First Grade
Imagine,

8. Gibbs
9. Degois
10. Gallen
11. Smith
12. Lewis
13. Graham

14. Fafita
15. Bakuya
16. Toops
17. Ross

No idea how we'd fit them all under the cap.. Smith might end up leaving?

Danger

Juniors
dont get me wrong, luke lewis is a fantastic player and would be happy to have him in a sharks jumper, just concerned we are starting to get a bit heavy again in the forwards dollars wise

id say put him in the centres but does he have enough pace for it?

I'd be happy to get rid of Toops if it meant we'd get Lewis. Can't see Toops leaving though, won't get the same coin anywhere else.

chewsta

First Grade
Fkn iPhone, no worries DS. I'm glad something came out of the rumour. Imagine the shite I would have copped from all you merkins! Hahah!!!

parraeels2010

Juniors
How good is he gonna look it a eels jersey?
It was reported month ago on the other eels site that we were gonna get him this year or next year. Than last week it was said he was close to getting a release before June 30 but Gus blocked. Than in a interview last week Lewis said something about Stuart coaching the eels.
In the couple of weeks Stuart and Lewis will be announced as a package deal to the eels.

The sharks already have enough 2nd rowers and would be stupid to spend what little money they have on another instead of a center

Special K

Coach
I would say we would release Smith if we signed Lewis. Adds up to a tweet I saw about Smith being "forced out" for stuff behind the scenes.

Think about it - Smith lives in the gong, is sick of the travel and can add another year or two to his deal. We get a younger Lewis.. Everyone wins bar the poor Panthers(no wonder they would not give us Gordon before June 30)

Craigshark

First Grade
It would be sad to see Smith leave, however I could deal with it if we got Lewis.. Smith has been awesome for us.

Weaponhead

Coach
Luke Lewis is an absolute professional. Elite player with a team ethic. Would be a great signing. I would be OK losing Smith if we got Lewis for 3 years.

Great edge runner with footwork and ball skills.

Assuming Smith went, Gallen would then play middle backrow (same position he plays for NSW and Australia) with Graham left edge and Lewis right. Bakuya would be the edge back row bench option. Lots of creativity and toughness with that lot and all signed for a few years.

We would still be a centre short but there is time to do a deal. Very impressed if this gets pulled off. Signing 2 origin players for next year. Well done.

Latest posts