What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke O'Dwyer.

Stagger eel

Staff member
throw this kid the no.13 shirt now!!

absolutely amazing in PL, this is a guy who will comeback and bite us on the behind in years to come, he was every where yesterday and was very solid in defence, he will come to age this year and the GC will benefit from all this..

let's get what we can out of him, he deserves a shot.

hmmmm he has been given an oppo a fair few times and always seems to get himself knocked out. I have seen him have some real good PL games.

Eela how did Green, Mateo go - if they played at all??

Utey

Coach
I thought Green was pretty solid. Looks to have gotten some confidence and is chancing the pass.

Didnt see Feleti?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
hmmmm he has been given an oppo a fair few times and always seems to get himself knocked out. I have seen him have some real good PL games.

Eela how did Green, Mateo go - if they played at all??

Luke's bulked up this year, he'll be great if we give him an opportunity, I'd give him 3 games in the top grade if he doesn't stand up he stay in PL but I'm telling you he was phenominal yesterday.

Green, played half had his hands on the ball quite often he took his opportunity with open arms, he'll be hard to leave out of PL but JF missed him real bad.

Mateo, wasn't even on a 5 man bench.

dazeely

First Grade
eelavation said:

absolutely amazing in PL, this is a guy who will comeback and bite us on the behind in years to come, he was every where yesterday and was very solid in defence, he will come to age this year and the GC will benefit from all this..

The Colonel and I have been singing his praises for some time now. Great utility type player whom gives his all and plays above his weight. Same mould of tough player like Berrigan.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:

So, you would get rid of Wagon?

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
So, you would get rid of Wagon?

Suity

They need some attack from the back row. Morrison couldn't have done much more. Wagon's defence was admirable. Between he, Robinson and Hindy they looked pedestrian in attack.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Mateo is a better player, the cream will rise to the top.

When and where? We've waited for a long time for Mateo and I'm not sure he has the attitude for first grade.

strider

Post Whore
tbh I don't see hindy as an attack weapon at all anymore .... he can still hit a ball hard near the line and go over, but those seem to be few and far between these days ..... he's just an amazing work horse these days .... so I agree we need an attacking player in the forwards somewhere

Tyler Durden

Juniors
why develop and give the experience to a player heading to another club ?

only exception is if he is CLEARLY one of our best 17 and we need him

otherwise, develop and give the experience to a player that will be around at Parra next year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well he may be leaving next year, but he's with us for 2006. And if he's good enough to help us do well in 2006, then why not play him?

I wish our coach DID make changes. I know, I know - just ROund 1, yadda yadda yadda.

I still think the team can have good improvements by rewarding other players.

As a statement, some players who under-performed SHOULD be dropped in favour of some PL players who starred.

Guys like Hindy, Caylo, Robinson, etc. - it should wake them up.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The Colonel said:
When and where? We've waited for a long time for Mateo and I'm not sure he has the attitude for first grade.

And we haven't for O'dwyer? remember Mateo was playing in Flegg when O'Dwyer made his first grade debut in 2004 was he not?

He looked great when he played fro London, the super league isn't as bad as what it use too.

btw

Didn't Cordoba start on the premies bench last year too? by your rationale anyone that starts on the bench in Premier League must not be any good right?