What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LUKE PATTEN

woodgers

Bench
I'm not being rude or trying to start trouble, I just have an opinion and want the dogs fans opinions also.

Luke Patten...I have been watching him for a while and am a little baffled at why people talk him up so much. I know that he can run the ball a little and made 2 half breaks against the Warriors but....

How many times did the Warriors run straight over the top of or around him??? I've seen this for weeks. I find it odd that a fullback simply can't tackle. I cant recall one trysaver or anything. I can understand Billy Slater or Wesser or someone getting on the outside of a fullback, but not a lock or second rower like the warriors did. Last night each time the Warriors made a break he only defused one and the rest of his attempts were just dismal.

Like I said, it's just my opinion and I just want to see if anyone else thinks the same.

ozbash

Referee
he was quiet all game. i rate patton quite highly but it was as tho he wasnt there..maybe he was off his game.

faumuina used to play in the centers for both the raiders and the warriors,, hes got wheels when he wants..

slippery eel

Juniors
Patten has improved since his days at St.George. Remember when he played for the Saints.... he was so dodgy under the high ball and always missed tackles.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I still shudder when they grubber the ball in his general direction, he looks so scared to pick it up

ngunity

Juniors
I've been thinking about the General and I'd say there's some good and bad. I was not thinking positive things for a while but then he had a dominating game against the Eagles, played well against the sharks, and was ok against the warriors, although people should not be running around him.....

Good
* No-one EVER seems to bomb the General, he must have proved himself once upon a time years ago, and I can't recall more than one bomb on him in recent memory, he's pretty tall so maybe that's why.... anyways it's like the Bulldogs centre is impervious to the bomb, and we know Hazem and Now Utai can catch too

* In the last month or so he seems more confident to get involved in attack, and chance his hand with runs and he looks better for it.

* His positioning is always fine, his speed can let him down though when fast players just run around him....

Bad
* Gets run around every now and then.
* Doesn't get involved as often as he should... should be backing up the props and give them someone to offload to
* He stopped Hazem from breaking the world record ;-) whoops!

Ultimately I'd be happier with a fullback who was more involved and backed up and exploded like Wesser or Slater, but in the meantime the General's plenty good enough, and the more he gets involved the better we do

Alan Shore

First Grade
Dogs Of War said:
I still shudder when they grubber the ball in his general direction, he looks so scared to pick it up

Yeah, he always bats it dead. Never tries to get out of the in-goal.

Latest posts