What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Walsh

Transporter2

Juniors
her here, I agree with hanscholo's statements.

IN Brian smiths 3 grand finals he came up against the brooncos in 92 who no one else would of came close to beating, in 1993 saints lost their form front rower in the first minute, they lost that game by 8 points against a form broncos side.

in 2001 remember knights had Johns, kennnedy, buderus, simpson, gidley & tahu, super players, on the day knights experience won the day

Walsh is no where near first grade material atm, his defence is a complete joke, and he was flat in attack all of last year, threw a million forward passes, because he always fades back too much that isnt necessary.

he has nothing on Eddie Paea or Mitchell Pearce, and that is saying something, both Pearce and Paea are still fringe first grade players with their capabilities.

Dureau is a million times better than Walsh, in all departments of the game, and Walsh wont see first grade unless Scotty gets injured.

Hanscholo

Bench
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Walsh is no where near first grade material atm, his defence is a complete joke, and he was flat in attack all of last year, threw a million forward passes, because he always fades back too much that isnt necessary.

he has nothing on Eddie Paea or Mitchell Pearce, and that is saying something, both Pearce and Paea are still fringe first grade players with their capabilities.

Dureau is a million times better than Walsh, in all departments of the game, and Walsh wont see first grade unless Scotty gets injured.

I agree on your points, but its said that Walsh has something quite rare that the others dont have and that is a class ball playing ability. We have seen some signs of it, but im affraid he wasnt ready for his time last year. Its jury out at this point on whether or not he will come good long term, we are all hoping he does.

I think the biggest problem with Walsh was his failure to get a solid pre-season under his belt, mostly in relation to weight gain which a number of our other players took huge leaps forward. His was the most urgent im affraid and it will set him back most of this season i think. It shows the value of a pre-season for young guys.

Knights01

Juniors
Luke Walsh is certainly the 'forgotten' man of the Knights - but Scott Dureau has been in fine form. I was a little concerned with his performance against Manly - as they continually tried to kick towards Vuna's wing with limited results. I was of the opinion that if Manly had of got the cash in that game - we might have seen Walsh come back against Parra last week.

Smith is great with the mind games - he has Walsh sealed up for 3 years - so he ain't going anywhere - but then again what is a contract (a piece of paper that means nothing).

Dureau has a huge game tomorrow in NZ - HUGE!

Latest posts