What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Walsh

Sime_11

Juniors
is Walshy gone for season or can he make it back for finals?

unlucky especially if he was killing it, wonder how Saints will go without him. they still got Mose :)

Randy81

Juniors
If his record was cleaner, it would have less.

It was more that they deemed it intentional.
I spoke to him once about it and he was considering legal action, but he was at least seeing the bright side that he was getting some big $ in uk.

SaintsFan

Juniors
is Walshy gone for season or can he make it back for finals?
No. He is out for 4 to 5 months, assuming his recovery is a smooth one. He had a compound fracture. Those are vulnerable to infection so the estimate is probably a conservative one. However, we were expecting 12 months prior to his surgery. His injury was horrible to see.

Since we are also without our back up 7 for the season and our other half, not to mention our first choice fullback who is also gone for the season, I reckon we will soon be sliding down from the top spot we have held for most of the season. We are having to play a centre in the halves.

Walsh made a massive difference to our team. He was a joy to watch and I just hope he makes a full recovery and returns to us next season. He's become a fans favourite during his time with us.

As for Mose, he was out at first thanks to an injury he picked up in the world cup and then he took his time getting up to speed. Fans were just starting to get annoyed with him and then he realised that he couldn't get away with doing the minimum. Over the last six weeks he has really stepped up and is showing us good value.

maple_69

Bench
Sounds similar!as to Penrith. We are down to our 5th option at 5/8. Most expecting us to tail spin now but we have our influential spine in tact so hopefully will fare better.

Great to hear Mose getting back to his best and all the best to Walsh in his recovery. He always had the skills to be a great half but it wasn't to be with us.