What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lukey

PIG

Juniors
I'll get slammed for this but I don't care- and i'm aware we busted our boilers out there today and were undermanned upfront.

but....Luke it's one thing to shine when you're part of a winning side

but yet again you have an absolute shocker in a crunch game.

Kicking out on the full with plenty of time, useless kick returns, 2metre hitups, arm grabs.....bought out the full kit today.

He is an average first grader- and we have one of the best statistical fullbacks rotting away on an undersized bench.

JT has to bite the bullet and make his first tough call as a coach.

fish eel

Immortal
geeze PIG, you dont waste anytime do you?

you must have been sweating for burt to have a poor game.

BTW, he wasnt Robinson Cruseo today.

PIG

Juniors
fish eel said:
geeze PIG, you dont waste anytime do you?

you must have been sweating for burt to have a poor game.

BTW, he was Robinson Cruseo today.

I want him to play well

8 yrs of the same $hit tells me he wont. He's useful backup only- he shouldn't be keeping other backs out of the side.

Having said that its clear our main problem is lack of forwards

fish eel

Immortal
On merit, or the last 3-4 weeks, he has deserved to keep McKinnon out though. He took a chance, and certainly grabbed it.

He had a shocker today....... That's Burty. Perfect one day crap the next. He should still keep his spot but taylor needs to bring up some Prem League forwards such as Junior and Zeb.... otherwise the Bulldogs will slam us.

number8

Juniors
Our problem today was not Luke Burt. As with our start to the season the problem was ball control or lack of & communication or lack of. passes were finding nothing but lawn & kicks had very poor to non existantant chases on them.

It wasn't a lack of fitness, or size, Burt or Brian Smith. It was our lack of ball control just like our early season was. Like our early games, offloads were falling short & the long passes were not long enough to reach the target. They played like strangers. None seemed ready for any of the kicks put through & none chased!

The way I see it is that JT has no tough decisions to make regarding the roster the team that was picked just needs to fine tune & pehaps simplify some of the plays they were looking to run. The timing is off & they just need to get it right at training! Get on the same page!

shiftysmith

Juniors
we lost today as a result of 2 things....1.just not enough go forward and 2.is over the last 2 months we have dominated the play the ball area,where we have been able to get a roll on.today that just was not allowed to happen and full credit has to go to the broncos in that area..do not lose hope just yet

hineyrulz

Post Whore
our problem today was lack of go forward we were always kicking under pressure. we were dominated in the ruck so no quick play the balls which is how we have been winning.

lucablight

First Grade
As I said in another topic I think we can only afford to have one out of Burt and Mckinnon in the team. Especially with the lack of forwards. Thorn running over the top of Burt, Mckinnon and Marsh pretty much summed it up. I think our lack of size was definitely a problem.

mickdo

Coach
dio said:
running into the post :crazy: :lol:
f**k, that was right in front of me... I was laughing my head off in disbelief and my other half couldn't work out why... :?

CrazyEel

Bench
A good big team will always roll over the top of a good small team in this game. They slowed the game down to nullify our mobility and use their size.

Avenger

Immortal
Burt has had better games but you cannot use him as the scapegoat. I do concede however that Wade is a better option at fullback.

number8

Juniors
I guess I was the only one to notice the poor chase & terrible attempts at passing. Fair enough the chasing game suffered from fatigue but the fatigue & all that followed was a result of poor control!

Ffs. You are going to be under pressure if you continually give up possesion. Hang onto the ball for an at least equal period & the opposition don't get a roll on. We are lacking some big boppers & that doesn't help but the team that played today, had they done so with more respect for possession. Would have earned a different result.

You can't mount continued pressure in defence!

dazeely

First Grade
lucablight said:
As I said in another topic I think we can only afford to have one out of Burt and Mckinnon in the team. Especially with the lack of forwards. I think our lack of size was definitely a problem.

I agree. Especially today against big pack and with Eric out. Would have put Burt or Mckinnon to wing. Not a fan of Delaney but if he had to be there brought in a big bopper on the bench, with Williams dropping from the team.

Bench: Widders, (forward), Delaney and PJ

Sean7

Juniors
The difference was like night and day when McKinnnon came on. McKinnon can make metres by himself where as Burt needs to work off others.

Utey

Coach
With no forwards we were always going to struggle. Burty wasnt our worst, but I havent seen the game in TV yet.

PIG

Juniors
When you're struggling for forwards very metre you can get from the back is priceless.

I've said it before....one or two good hitups early in the set of 6 can make the whole set. Burts metre making for a fullback is terrible.

Wades ability to beat people off kick returns gives him THE BEST metres per hitup of any fullback in the NRL and helps get us on the front foot. His positional play is better, his organising of the defensive line is better, his defence is better.He should be our fullback no questions- it aint even a tough choice (well it wouldnt be if Wade could kick goals).

Wade, Grothe and Hayne at the back will take a heap of pressure of our forwards.

I read the Big League article where Luke reckons fullback is his best position...well lets just say he's a better fullback than he is centre and thats worrying. His best position is reserve grade.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yep, after watching todays game i am now of the opinion that the team only has room for one of them, at this stage I would lean towards Wade however imo it's a week to week proposition.

Latest posts