What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lukey

strider

Post Whore
ahhhhhhhhh ... just like old times .... one loss - bring out all the old faithful knives fellas :clap:

Sean7

Juniors
strider said:
ahhhhhhhhh ... just like old times .... one loss - bring out all the old faithful knives fellas :clap:

Yep, I agree, it's funny how Burt brings out the same s#$t every year. A few good games and he's the messiah and then...

PIG

Juniors
The people who dont rate Burt bag him after he has his usual shockers in big games.....he always goes missing.

Same as his supporters pump him up after he scores a swag of points in a a few games we dominate.

Its been the same for 8 seasons- and people wonder why we dont win the comp- cause we let go of certain big game players and hold onto loyal clubman like Luke Burt who only look decent in a winning side.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think Burts problem over the years is consistency

Someone like Cayless may take the first 6-8 rounds of the season to get going, but once he is in form he is one of the best props going around and plays to a high standard most weeks

Burt on the other hand over the years has a couple of great games in a row (when the side has dominated), but then puts in a lot more sub standard performances (from a seasoned 1st grader). Just my observation.

Its fine saying that the forwards aint doing well for him to play well, but that doesnt effect guys like McKinnon, whos best games are often when we have our backs to the wall. We will miss Wade severely.

Jizmizm

Juniors
Ive rate McKinnon quite highly. Certainly a better option than Burt. Most of Burt's hoard of points that were scored where from fairly easy tries and goal kicking, which isnt going to happen always in the big and tough games.

Mckinnon is a solid ballrunner and returner, and adds more spark than Burt. Burt is mainly there for his goalkicking ability at the moment, but id definately have Mckinnon as our fullback.

Avenger

Immortal
Would it be fair to say that McKinnon was not re-signed for 3 years because Hagan considers Hayne as our long term fullback ?

PIG

Juniors
Avenger said:
Would it be fair to say that McKinnon was not re-signed for 3 years because Hagan considers Hayne as our long term fullback ?

Burt will have first shot at fullback next year...Hayne will serve his time on the wing. Major downgrade in my opinion.
Hayne to fullback next year and his good mate Inu to the wing would form a lethal back 3 with Grothe.

Burt should be a utility back in case of injuries. Luke Burt is Daniel Fitzhenry with goal kicking ability. Coaches seem to love these hacks when almost everyone else can see they're $hit

Bazal

Post Whore
To be fair Burt offers ten thousand times what Fitzhenry does in terms of his attacking game, and his pointscoring...but I think we need another forward on the bench. Which means, for mine, Burt drops out, McKinnon to the back and Taia to the bench...Delaney out for Feleti too.

PIG

Juniors
Fitzhenry scored a bucket load of tries on the end of the premiership winning backline last year....he's crap as but if Burt didnt kick i'd say he's the player who he reminds me of the most. Neither can tackle, and they dont go in hard at all.

Parra Guru

Coach
Get over it. Burty didn't keep the scoreline to nil by himself. Burty wasn't responsible for the lack of go forward or the bad field position.

People just love to kick Burt when he's down.

The Broncos were just too strong for us today. We couldn't match them physically, with or without Burt.

PIG

Juniors
a good kick return by your fullback once in a while gets u on the front foot- it is one of the most key positions on the field- cant afford to be inconsistant there. it upsets the whole side.

The Colonel

Immortal
Our kick return was poor today - McKinnon needs to start this week with Burty back on the bench. I thought we could get away with Burty starting and taking advantage of his kicking game but our whole kicking game was poor.

Hindyscrack

Bench
It was only a matter of time before we saw the true Burt again...

Wades positional play, one on one defence, kick returns and support play is far superior to Burts.... He is wasted on the bench, must be back in the number 1 come Friday

Freak2

Juniors
Burty has and always will be inconsistant.

When on he is exceptional but when he is bad he looks terrible.

Has always struggled against bigger sides!!

I am a rap for Wade - however, for those of you who think he is infallible - check the replay of the game against Manly in the first round. Together with Steven Clarke's terrible refereeing, Wade made some huge errors.

The Broncos were narrowly defeated by the storm, then they beat the dogs. They should have beaten us by more yesterday in my opinion. I will never give up on the mighty blue and golds, however, I will be going into the TAB today, and having a few dollars on Brisbane. I think, maybe Bennett is going to make the knockers eat humble pie. They are really warming to the task here.

strider

Post Whore
we could say all this sh*t about most of our team tbh

we are NOT a team with stand out players that will take the game by the scruff of the neck - we are just a soild team across the park

when we are flat we are generally ALL flat - sure there will be guys like hindy still busting their balls all game - but when we are off it shows across the park

burty wasn't alone yesterday - doesn't really need his own thread

Avenger

Immortal
I cannot see Burt playing first grade this week. You just cannot keep Wade on the bench.

forward pass

Coach
This is why JT took on the coaching role !!

He knew he could never lose. When we win everyone will slap him on the back and say what a great coach he is.

When we lose its all Burty fault !!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
I cannot see Burt playing first grade this week. You just cannot keep Wade on the bench.

I'd say at this stage they'll swap. I'm not sure we have too many more options unless a few guys, as is rumoured, return from injury. If they do he may miss out.

Latest posts