What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Lurker" Rumours

JYD

Juniors
Just read this and makes for some interesting possible lineup changes in the future. Thought some of the Kingston and Walsh *cough* advocates would enjoy it.

"Panthers skipper on the outer
Penrith are set to part company with their second skipper within 12 months. Kevin Kingston's contract is up at the end of the season and we hear that, like Luke Lewis, the popular hooker is on the outer. Gus Gould, who has let a host of big names go over the past couple of seasons, is known to be quietly offering Kingston to rival clubs. His agent George Mimis has spoken to the Panthers but at this stage there is no sign of a new offer. Ivan Cleary obviously believes impressive Cowboys recruit James Segeyaro is the way to go long term. Panthers fans are certain to be up in arms if Kingston follows in the footsteps of the likes of fellow big names Lewis, Michael Jennings and Michael Gordon to rival clubs while the Panthers struggle to win games. There's also mail that half Luke Walsh, who is set to join English club St Helens, may be cut loose before June 30."

It was taken from the Sportal website. I tried to post the link but the forum won't let me coz I need to get 20 posts and only have 9 so far.

chrisD

Coach
Yeah the Kingston thing has been around the last few days. I don't know if it originated with the mole but he's backing it.

lol @ fans will be up in arms.

murraymob

Coach
we are one of the slowest in the nrl from the time the ball is played till it gets past walsh.Cleary and gould have finally noticed this.Once this area is fixed it will be easier to fix the rest

HankScorpio

Juniors
Gotta feel for Kevvy, but Segs is well ahead of him and really should be starting. Would love to keep him in the side but we can't keep everyone.

meek

Juniors
LOL - IMO Kingston should not be in the side now we have Segayaro -

best part is
"Panthers fans are certain to be up in arms if Kingston follows in the footsteps of the likes of fellow big names Lewis, Michael Jennings and Michael Gordon to rival clubs "

Never Knew Kingston was a big name -

Cant wait to see the masses up in arms abt his potential departure - clearly cant be watching the same games i am .

Kingston is one of the bumbling 3 amigos that IMO cause most of our issues
"Walsh , Humble , Kingston"

the 3 amigos --- hopefully they will all ride off into the sunset

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yes while Kingston tries very hard each game his time is well and truly up, it will be awhile till they find the fan who will be up in arms about this IMO.

I wouldn't mind if they gave him a job at the club, he does always put in for the Panthers since he has been there.

franklin2323

Immortal
we are one of the slowest in the nrl from the time the ball is played till it gets past walsh.Cleary and gould have finally noticed this.Once this area is fixed it will be easier to fix the rest

Yes. This flows on to the halves getting rubbish balls and defence in the faces. He doesn't scoot and is just awful

Word is during the week off 5 were told they are gone. Walsh, Kingston, Newton, Simmons and Smith.

All offer nothing and can go now if they want

Last edited:

HankScorpio

Juniors
I actually think Simmons has done pretty well for us this year. Wouldn't be re-signing him though.

Great news on Smith if true, means I can trade him out of my fantasy team :)

age.s

First Grade
I wouldn't mind Simmons on next to nothing. It's all well and good to talk about Robinson, Mansour etc but injuries happen and a bloke like Simmons stepping in isn't the worst thing in the world.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yes. This flows on to the halves getting rubbish balls and defence in the faces. He doesn't scoot and is just awful

Word is during the week off 5 were told they are gone. Walsh, Kingston, Newton, Simmons and Smith.

All offer nothing and can go now if they want
Its almost like my dreams coming true. The players I want gone, will be gone. Unfortunately thr blokes we want won't come here. I never believed we could sign JT or TC. Even with all the hype and cash involved, it just never seemed like we would pull it off. Sam Williams should have been a priority regardless of TC. Risking his signing for an extremely unliky scenario just seems crazy.

franklin2323

Immortal
As I said a year ago only to be called an idiot...(Not by you but by many others)

To be fair to them. We have been shafted in the past getting rid of decent players and signing garbage. So I can understand people being weary.

Mx I heard 5 that were in the squad. looking at the off contract. Simpkins, Eisenhuth & Daniela can stay on NSW Cup contracts only.

Assuming we get Williams the recruiting should be done. Aside from NSW Cup players we have enough experience the fringe players can be Jennings, Foster etc.

soc123_au

Staff member
Simmons would be handy to keep for the right money. I dont get the hate for him. The rest, meh.

maple_69

Bench
Simmons has been better this season. Until Robinson shows he can defend Id be cautious of dropping Simmons.
Don't think he should get another contract though. Nabuli, Robinson, Mansour, Moss, Satini should all be in front by next year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Simmonswould be handy to keep for the right money. I dont get the hate for him. The rest, meh.

Yeah faster younger players can do that same job. Assuming no one off contract is resigned. We have the following on the books. We wont miss any of them.

Moylan.
Mansour.
Roberts.
Whare.
Robinson.
Soward.
Coote
Grant.
Sege.
McKendry.
Manu.
Brown.
Taylor:
Austin.
Kite.
Robinson.
Masoe -

Moss. Tighe. Naiqama. Satini. Jennings. Humble. John. Foster. RCG. VTK. Docker. KOD. Cherrington. Latimore.

chrisD

Coach
Assuming we get Williams the recruiting should be done. Aside from NSW Cup players we have enough experience the fringe players can be Jennings, Foster etc.

If we get Williams there still should be another 400k or 500k in the till. I don't know if we can then front end some contracts but for mine any money under the cap is money left on the table.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Simmons would be handy to keep for the right money. I dont get the hate for him. The rest, meh.

I agree. I watch Simmons each week and can't understand why so many on here bag the guy. He is a solid first grader just like most in the NRL.

Latest posts