What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Power Rankings: Off-Season NRL Recruitment

HayneKloppter

Juniors
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6/news-story/84aecb3d58e959886445e5925431414c

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Elliott’s analysis: There’s quality in but there’s also quality out. They have new combinations and a new coach plus new structures and a new style of play. Even though they’ve recruited all right the mass changes will impact them early. Continuity within a club is a big part. Will their recruitment help them be a top eight side in 2016? No. Elliott’s grade: C

Ins: Dylan Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans), Martin Taupau (Wests Tigers), Lewis Brown (Penrith Panthers), Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers), Darcy Lussick (Parramatta Eels), Tim Moltzen (Wests Tigers), Matt Parcell (Brisbane Broncos), Nathan Green (St George Illawarra Dragons), John Walker (rugby union), Tom Wright (schoolboy rugby union), Fabian Goodall (Parramatta Eels)

Outs: Kieran Foran (Parramatta Eels), Matt Ballin (Wests Tigers), James Hasson (Parramatta Eels), Justin Horo (Catalan Dragons), Jack Littlejohn (Wests Tigers), Ligi Sao (New Zealand Warriors), Michael Chee-Kam (Wests Tigers), Dunamis Lui (St George Illawarra Dragons), Cheyse Blair (Melbourne Storm), Jesse Sene Lefao (Cronulla Sharks), Will Pearsall (Newcastle Knights), Clinton Gutherson (Parramatta Eels), Peta Hiku (Penrith Panthers)

perfectly summised

natheel

Coach
Lol.

Hiku was not a depth player. He was a starter in the vast majority of games last year. He was replaced with Trbojevic - a Manly junior! So yeah, not really losing that Manly culture there.....

And Gutherson is a player of great potential. He was a good pick-up for you guys. But if moving him on allowed us to have cash for Dylan Walker....well I'll take that. (Not saying they were a direct swap either). And Gutherson was a depth player for Manly last year for all of 10 minutes of game 1.....

We have picked up Fabian Goodall from your mob too. Unlike players that go from Manly to the Eels, the Eels to Manly trade seems to go pretty well - Tafua, David Williams, Buhrer etc.

We'll be OK I think :D

Goodall is not that promising. He came from you guys in the first place. He was ok for Wenty but nothing amazing.

I just don't see much in your depth. You guys have bought great players to fit into the top 17 but after those guys nothing much jumps out at me as quality like it used too.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Goodall is not that promising. He came from you guys in the first place. He was ok for Wenty but nothing amazing.

I just don't see much in your depth. You guys have bought great players to fit into the top 17 but after those guys nothing much jumps out at me as quality like it used too.

Fair enough mate. We all.have our own opinions I guess.

I would say that quite a few of the players we have picked up from the Eels over the years were not rated by your club and then, hey presto, they produce.....

Time will tell I guess.

I would dare say as a stop gap if injury strikes our centres ( which it inevitably will), they will call on Symonds and Brown. Not world beaters but solid nonetheless.

I would agree having a Gutherson in reserves would be a great luxury, but that's the nature of the NRL these days - have a bloke who shows promise and he will go elsewhere if shown the opportunity. Look at that young bloke from Canberra who the Donkey's just signed as case in point.

I'll take our top 25/30 over most in the NRL anyday.

Brown can be a world beater on his rare day but most of the time he'll get tackled over the sideline or pass to no one

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Brown can be a world beater on his rare day but most of the time he'll get tackled over the sideline or pass to no one

Like I said, solid replacement but not a world beater.

Walker would move to the centres first anyway with John to 5/8. Not a bad fill in....

Symonds would be the first switched into the centres from the forwardds (I would guess) andif we lose both centres we would be in tje same boat as most clubs - pretty stuffed.

I still have faith in players like Satini to step up also.