What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Power Rankings: Off-Season NRL Recruitment

Iafeta

Referee
So which one is it? By your initial illogic Peta Hiku is the biggest target, he came before Foran, RTS or Luke. Or you are admitting your logic is wrong. Either way, game set match. Better luck next time.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
They'd swap Luke for sure, but no chance they'd swap RTS for Foran. None.

Not so sure about that. The alternative to Luke coming would have been another year for an ageing Friend, or a has never made it in a few years Havili (or whoever else was on the market and wanted to come, which isn't anyone I can think of). The alternative to Foran was either Leuluai, Lolohea or latterly Robson.

So I can only speak for myself, but Luke every day of the week.

t-ba

Post Whore
Be interesting to see if Foran recovers his form. Last year he was a turd rolled in glitter. Based on 2015 form there's just no team who can compare to the recruitment of the Warriors.

I've no idea how Manly has done such a decent job. Guess Weight Watchers have some pull.

MacDougall

First Grade
Tiges #1. Joel Edwards Origin bolter. Jordan Rankin future Aus rep. Josh Addo-Carr best young back since Brad Fittler. Hella recruiting.

jaseg

Juniors
Interesting enough comments for each team I guess.. but those rankings are awful.

And if you want to see recruitment via throwing darts look no further than the Titans or Tigers :)lol:), not the Warriors, who seem to actually be fairly precise in reacting to situations put in front of them.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Your forward pack is still piss weak ... Manly still No 1 recruiting.

and your field is a patch of shit. and?

regardless what you think of our current players, recruitment is about the players bought in.....eels have dumped all over manly in that category

OVP

Coach
I'm a Roosters supporter, no allegiance to Manly at all. I think they've covered all areas across the park in their recruiting resulting in a strong forward pack and a strong backline. You've only got a good backline, pretty much useless with a powderpuff forward pack.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
I'm a Roosters supporter, no allegiance to Manly at all. I think they've covered all areas across the park in their recruiting resulting in a strong forward pack and a strong backline. You've only got a good backline, pretty much useless with a powderpuff forward pack.

regardless you've just parroted again what you think of our side not our recruitment

GongPanther

Referee
Thing is,barring two or three clubs,I think this year is going to be the most competitive and exciting season we have seen for some time.

There will be upsets every week.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Brisbane would have jumped about 6 places in the OP's list after we signed Roberts. Having no speed men out wide was one of our bigger weaknesses. I think Roberts fixes that up fairly well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
HayneKloppter. Working hard to be just like R20 but just with 2 more teeth.

He has a lot more of a 'look at me' attitude about him then r20. R20 doesn't start threads, he just ruins them (although has been noticeably absent since Diego schooled him the other week).

This guy starts threads by asking leading questions where the answers are meant to be parramatta, then throws a tantrum when other fans don't go along with it.

Last edited:

Didgi

Any recruitment we made would've been a downgrade on the player currently in that position. Our squad is perfect, lining up for 10 years of North Queensland glory.

Best off-season recruiting: Cowboys.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
He has a lot more of a 'look at me' attitude about him then r20. R20 doesn't start threads, he just ruins them (although has been noticeably absent since Diego schooled him the other week).

This guy starts threads by asking leading questions where the answers are meant to be parramatta, then throws a tantrum when other fans don't go along with it.

interesting way of looking at things based on what 2 threads? :lol:

you would hope that an OT would be involved in a thread created though wouldn't you?

i would define a tantrum as one where someone starts getting abusive, if you observe clearly, i only return serve. the rest is pure 100% logical points

natheel

Coach
i think Eels and Warriors recruited the best purely based on the fact they haven't lost anyone huge to begin with.

Manly to me have lost the 'essence' that made them the most successful team over a decade

Not only have they lost players they have built this success around on the past 2 years in Choc, Stewart, Foran, Ballin but they have also lost a coach that bled for the club and his players.

I have massive reservations about Barrett.

I think Myles is a great buy and fits into the manly mould but I'm not sure if some of the other recruits do.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Any recruitment we made would've been a downgrade on the player currently in that position. Our squad is perfect, lining up for 10 years of North Queensland glory.

Best off-season recruiting: Cowboys.

Have you guys picked up anyone capable of helping you win the war?