What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LWOS Heavyweight Championship

El Duque

Bench
I want to wait for the weigh in.

If the Blowin' Samoan comes in as a fat tub of lard (240+) then I'll be going with The Rock by UD.

S

SpaceMonkey

I think Tua-Rahman will see some reshuffling in the LWOS ranks too. I'm pretty much in agreement with El on this one. If Tua comes in reasonably trim (by his standards) I'll go Tua in a late round KO. If he's fat, Rahman by UD. If Tua's fit AND Rahman hasn't sorted his training properly, then I'll go Tua in an early round KO. I'm leaving my prediction 'til weigh-in.

O

ozbash

come on you 2,,
throw caution to the wind...
stick your neck out
have a go.....

its like picking a horse halfway thru a race, the way you'se are going....:eek:

S

SpaceMonkey

come on you 2,,
throw caution to the wind...
stick your neck out
have a go.....

its like picking a horse halfway thru a race, the way you'se are going....:eek:

That's why I'm the champ and you're not, matey! ;)(and El would be up there with me if he'd made his tip on the last fight official)

Infuzer

Juniors
I'm not too sure if the competition in this threadis by invitation only, but as a heavyweight boxing fan, I'd like the opportunity to forward my opinion on the Tua-Rahman bout.
Sleeping Pills by a KO in the 6th round.

Javaman

Juniors
I believe the nickname Sleeping Pills is one that David Tua is also known by as.
This comes from the belief that due to his knockout punch power, he puts his opponents to sleep, just as sleeping pills do.

El Duque

Bench
Actually Tua puts me to sleep by just plodding round, getting schooled and continuosly throwing his left hook hoping for the best.

I hope Rahman whoops him again so he'll be gone from the heavyweight scene.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I just logged into my hotmail account and saw this email from Vertigo. I understand that its relevant to this thread:

<hr> G'day Willow...
Could you please do me a favour?
I forgot to enter my selection for the upcoming TuaVRahman fight in the LWOS Heavyweight Champions thread. My selection is Tua to win by a 4th round KO.
I'm sending this from LAX airport in between layovers. I tried to log onto the forums, but couldn't get in. My account at hotmail wasn't a problem.Your email address is one that I remember. Don't ask me how. The Jubileeoval just stood out in my mind. I remember the most unusual things at times.
Thankyou kindly in advance. <hr>

Hope I got it through in time for Vertigo.
Cheers. :)

Atilla'

Juniors
The fight's not until this weekend Willow, so I'm sure Vertigo's selection is still valid.
I see David Tua is overwhealming favourite on both both this thread and the post that Outlaw posted where the "experts" made their predictions at ESB, for the upcomming Tua-Rahman II bout.
I think ElDuque is very wise in waiting for the weigh-in before making a prediction. That's the route I'll take too.
If you look at DT's professional record, you'll see that his condition on fight night (or weigh-in)is of importance. Especially his ability to last into the last two rounds or so.
Of the 42 professional fights DT has had to date, only 8 of those have gone 10 rounds or more, and half of that number has gone the distance into or beyondthe 12th round. NowI don't have the figures for what weight he came in at those bouts, but DT's ability to last the distance, or be as effective in the last few rounds as he is in the first few, is questionable in many people's minds....including mine. Incidently, of his 42 professional bouts to date, only 12 of those have gone greater than the first 6. Don't take the result of thefirst bout between these two as any indication unless you saw what happened. HR was well ahead on all score cards until the unfortunate happened.
People forget that Rahman can hit. The 5th round kayo of Lennox Lewisof almost 2 years to the date,is inbeded into many people's minds.
If it goes into the latter rounds, Tua will run out of petrol and lose the sting behind his punches. This is where Rahman could upset team DT's plans. DT has a great heavyweights chin, but up against a hitter in the late rounds, and DT comming in at a too heavy weight, team Rahman could celebrate.
But like I said earlier: I think ElDuque is very wise in waiting for the weigh-in before making a prediction. That's the route I'll take too.

We'll see.
Cheers from Atilla.

Latest posts