What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LWOS Legend

Gav-bt

Juniors
I'd like to thank my family, God, my manager and the previous posters who aided me in my quest to be champ...... ooops!
emembarrassed.gif

imported_JoeD

Juniors
1.halfback
2.Ali
3.Farr-Jones
4.Argentina
5.100m, 400m, 110m hurdles, jav, disc, high jump, long jump, 1500m, pole vault and shot put.
6.spitz
7. USSR
8. 9
9. Schumacher
10 china
11 armstrong
12 top and bottom scores not being counted
13 d.connor
14 thompson
15 no idea
16 dallas cowboys
17 a bit of a aussie centric question that one
18 not a horsie man , bonecrusher?;)
19 australia
20 australia and holland
21 3
22 aggassi
23 no idea
24 6
25 ping pong
26 shuttle cock
27 9 (including the cox)
28 no clue
29 300
30 3

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
2. Boxing Name the first World Heavyweight champion to retire as undefeated champion. Rocky Marciano is widely regarded as the only man to have retired as undefeated World Champion. This is not actually correct. James J Jeffries was actually the first man to retire as undefeated World Champion. However, his record is tainted because he attempted a comeback, approximately 6 years later and lost to World champion Jack Johnson.
I read the comment that Javaman made to this question bender on another thread, and even though I didn't comment on it there, I have to say I agree with you and your answer mate. I know Javaman gave his own opinions on why he believes Marciano should rightfully be the answer, but if you look at the question in detail than Jeffries truely was thefirst World Heavyweight champion to retire as undefeated champion.
And afterall bender, you were the quizmaster here, so your answers should be final.
Javaman might have something to say though mate.;)
Where can official complaints be lodged btw mate? :D
Anyway, I kinda got interested in these typ'aquizes when Cryptic Messanger startedposting boxing ones, and I was hoping they would continue.
Good quiz mate. Informative too.I hope to see another one in the near future. :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Re...

Q 24 (Volleyball). How many players in a Volleyball team? The correct answer is 12 but 6 only take the field at once. Given the question, 6 is wrong.

Q 26 (Badminton). Its called the Cock just as much as its called the Shuttlecock. Cock is right too.

Gav-bt

Juniors
JoeD - "17 a bit of a aussie centric question that one"

But one that I should have got.

I thought that #28 was very Oz centric.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I demand a re-count... ! ;)

Hey, Gav... as current Quiz King, how about setting up the next quiz yourself.... ?

B

bender

Willow, I counted cock as the correct answer.

I must confess i have know idea if 12 is the correct answer, although i know i did not count your answer as wrong. Somewhat embarrassingly, it was not the only question that i got wrong despite being the person who made the questions.

Recounting is not as easy as it sounds. It must have took me 30 goes to add up everyone's answers. Eventually i did it on a spreadsheet. I will plug in the two new answers when i get to my other computer and see if we have a change of results.

O

ozbash

nope, willows wrong,, benders right.

cock- a male chicken or hunk of flesh that dangles between the legs in the "nether"region.
shuttlecock- projectile used in badminton,propelled by a racquet.

as a champion (ex) volleyball player,let me state categorically that there are only 6 persons on a teams court at any one time.
the assumption that there are 12 is misleading,, its like saying a rugby league team has 30 members ! the squad may have that many,but, the TEAM has 13.

all that aside it was a bloody good quiz bender :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bender: Mate, I'm just grateful that you went to the trouble. I know how much work goes into these things and Gav is champing at the bit to have ago I'm sure ... ;)

Ozbash: You wouldn't know a Cock if it fell on you. When I was a champion Badminton player, we called it a Cock and weren't afraid to do so.
And Volleyball has 12 in the <u>team</u>... six take the court. Rugby League now has 17 in the team with interchange, 13 take the field.
Squads are not teams.
You say tomota and I say tomato.

Latest posts