What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon set to return

Wagonator

Juniors
Now that I have sat down and thought about it, Im not too keen on his return, what a pansy. Good player but he has no balls, stay in Wee Waa u ungrateful androtop.

Eels Dude

Coach
oldmancraigy said:
Even if we are maxed out on the salary cap we don't HAVE to release him!

If he decides to come back then we would need to clear his salary space under the cap - so we'd release someone (or someones) else so that he could play) - Vella is on big bucks and Wagon too - cut those guys if he wants to come back!!!

Wouldn't work mid season. Those players would have to be sacked for a reason for us to sack them as such. If we were to release them it wouldn't work either because no club would be in a position to sign them, and we would be forced to pay them out anyway.

The Colonel

Immortal
We could release them to England mid-season and have the ESL side pay out the salary of whoever is released - clubs have been doing that for ages - Joel Caine, Steve Trindall, Dean Triester, Willie Talau and Nick Graham most recently.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Those who don't want Lyon back are obviously at the bottom of the human gene pool.

If he wants back in the NRL, the only deal to be done would be a match payments one for 1 year, renegotiated after that. Whack and 'options' clause in, and Parra would be in the box seat.

I still reckon Lyon has more ticker than those such as Vella, Wagon et al, who are still sucking big bucks out of Parra, and delivering not much more than Killer is. At least Killer left, and allowed the club to spend the money on a replaecment. PLus he puts up with all the crap from morons such as those that call him a sook.

You lot would be creaming yourselves at the prospect of Killer rampaging through the oposition backs, with Tahu outside him!

Agent Mulder

Bench
Bloody Beautiful how some Parramatta "fans" talk about Jamie Lyon.
He is doing what he wants to do...So what if he wants to play for Wee Waa,He sounds much happier then he did some months ago.

Last year you were all cheering this guy and when he wanted to go home...you bag the shit outta him...if he came back you would all be in line to root him up the arse.

A few months ago i went thru the same thing Jamie did,actually it was before Jamie Quit Parramatta,I wasn't happy at my work anymore so i took 2 months off and went back to my old job and i've never been happier.

fish eel

Immortal
If he wants back in the NRL, the only deal to be done would be a match payments one for 1 year, renegotiated after that. Whack and 'options' clause in, and Parra would be in the box seat.

Correct.

We've got all the hand!

He nicked off.

If he wants to come back to the NRL, there is no reason why it couldnt be on our terms.

Then....if he is back and surrounded by quality, why would he want to leave when his contract runs out? And IF he does...then off you go Jamie!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I for one would LOVE to see him back in the number three tearing up opposition's backs. (He wouldn't play inside Tahu; Tahu wants to play centre).

However, I am a little ticked off at the way it was handled.

He walked out AFTER the season had started.

He is still contracted to us, and the Eels have done so much for him. If he was even remotely grateful, he wouldn't be saying things like, "If I return to the NRL, I MAY go back to Parra."

Flat out, he should say, "If I return to the NRL, I'll be back at Parra."

I WANT him back, desperately.

I know it must of been hard not seeing your family and mates. I respect the fact he's young and has certain issues.

Actually, newsflash. His family was in the same state - in the same damn country.

When I lived overseas, my family and friends were here, while I moved from here, to Holland, to Chile, to Finland, to Spain and back here again.

I have suffered more than him in terms of home-sickness and lack of friendships due to constantly moving.

Jamie, come back to Parra when you're ready to - DO NOT go to another club.

fish eel

Immortal
He walked out AFTER the season had started.

He is still contracted to us, and the Eels have done so much for him. If he was even remotely grateful, he wouldn't be saying things like, "If I return to the NRL, I MAY go back to Parra."

Thats why we are in the box seat.

If he comes back to the NRL, its on our terms!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Unless Jamie waits till 2006 to return or deliberately waits until we have no money to keep him.

strider

Post Whore
I'm a bit concerned over some stuff....

- it seems very obvious from the way things panned out that Jamie doesn't want to be at Parramatta and it seems he wants to follow Cleal (to Manly - its all about Cleal from what I can see - he likes the guy alot)

- so, now Parra have gone out and tried to spend up to replace him with some talent - there won't be room under the cap if he decides he wants to come back to Parra.

- so, lets say Jamie wants to push his cause to cut his ties with Parra....what stops him from saying "I want to come back now" in 3 months time, when we have no money to give him....at that point Parra are restricting him from playing in the NRL where he wants to play....I can see a "If you can't pay me, then I demand a release" situation.

Anyway - I reckon if we sign Tahu, then the club will be happy to release him cos they have had enough of the situation.

I REALLY used to love Jamie, but his actions are looking extremely two faced....he sends a letter saying he doesn't want to stay at Parra and be coached by Smithy....then he wouldn't even have the balls admit it to Mrs Smithy or any of the media that that is the case....so he either 1) doesn't have a problem with Smithy and is just lying to get what he wants or 2) has a problem with Smithy but doesn't have the balls to be upfront about it.

Eelectrica

Referee
strider said:
....what stops him from saying "I want to come back now" in 3 months time, when we have no money to give him....at that point Parra are restricting him from playing in the NRL where he wants to play....I can see a "If you can't pay me, then I demand a release" situation.
I'm no legal expert, but thinking about it logically, surely the fact that he signed the contract, then the amendment allowing him to play for Wee Waa would count for something?

PS Thinking about our sick joke of our legal system logically is probably my first mistake :roll:

Redback71

First Grade
Over that period, he has scored an astonishing 120 points with seven tries and 46 goals for an average haul of 24 points a game.

maybe the answer to our halves combination his playing 5/8 and would be handy having another goal kicker as well did not realise he could kick goals

The Colonel

Immortal
I know Smith played him at 5/8 for one or possibly two games when he first came through. He adapted better to the centre role but really Group 4 is a long way from the NRL to be banking on him filling it now IMO.

Those who don't want Lyon back are obviously at the bottom of the human gene pool.

I still reckon Lyon has more ticker than those such as Vella, Wagon et al, who are still sucking big bucks out of Parra, and delivering not much more than Killer is. At least Killer left, and allowed the club to spend the money on a replaecment. PLus he puts up with all the crap from morons such as those that call him a sook.

You lot would be creaming yourselves at the prospect of Killer rampaging through the oposition backs, with Tahu outside him!

Now lets go through Slapnut's dribble.

Those that don't want Lyon back are from the bottom of the human gene pool, I don't! Jamie walked out and left us without one of the games most potent centres.

Jamie Lyon walked out on our club cause he didn't want to live in the city no more or is it cause he doesn't like coach Smith? Then why sign a such a long contract as he did?

Why didn't Jamie tell us this last year prior to the Cap roters picking up Tonga and we may have been able to keep hold of Willie, I didn't realise there were an abundant of quality centre's available after round 1 when Jamie walked, so freeing up the cash did us a lot of good.

So I fit into the group you term to be from the bottom of the gene pool, I'm gona enjoy that beer with you :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Speaking of the legalities over here this week, an English player Isteyn Harris is set to turn out for Bradford Bulls this week after returning to League following three years in Union.

Thing is he used to play for Leeds Rhinos, and they granted him a release to play union, with the understanding he would play for them when/if he returned to SuperLeague. The Rhinos lodged a protest at his signing by Bradford - even though they don't need particularly need Harris at the moment, it was the principle at stake.

Now, the SuperLeague's solicitors have ruled that his Leeds release agreement wasn't the same as a registered player contract, so Harris is free to go to the club which first lodges him under a current registered contract, which negotiated by Bradford whilst Leeds thought it couldn't happen.

So Parra's legal heads had better make sure they've dotted the i's and crossed the t's to ensure that we DO have the hand we think we do in the Jamie situation.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Jamie Lyon has told Parramatta he will not return to the NRL next season. Lyon, who is under contract to the Eels until 2007, must tell the club by June 30 each year of his intentions for the next season and his agent Allan Gainey said Eels officials had been advised last week that the 22-year-old wanted to play only for Wee Waa. The Eels then upped their offer to Newcastle's Timana Tahu, who is expected to sign today, but they haven't given up completely on Lyon returning in 2006.

Latest posts