What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon to Penrith not Manly

Parraren

Bench
Mayor_Quimby said:
bartman said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
If Lyon has a desire to play for Panthers, why won't fitzgerald allow Manly to even speak to him, seeing that he want's to go to Panthers and not Sea Eagles? :|

Bacause of anti-tampering laws - he's under contract until end 2006. It's not up to Fitzgerald to screen who talks to Jamie or his management. It is up to Fitzgerald to decide under what terms (if any) Jamie is offered a release from his current contract.

but surely, Parramatta could let manly talk to Lyon just like they are letting the Panthers.......if they aren't worried about him going to Manly then why not? instead of all this stupid girl's blouse antic's from Fitzgerald? :|

There is obviously some bad blood between Cleal, Fitzgerald & Smith. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Fitzy & Smith will do everything in their rights to ensure Lyon ends up anywhere BUT Manly. There have been alot of things going on behind the scenes that have also pi$$ed a few people off like the letter written to Brian Smith from Lyon which a few people suspect Manly had alot to do with.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Parraren said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
bartman said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
If Lyon has a desire to play for Panthers, why won't fitzgerald allow Manly to even speak to him, seeing that he want's to go to Panthers and not Sea Eagles? :|

Bacause of anti-tampering laws - he's under contract until end 2006. It's not up to Fitzgerald to screen who talks to Jamie or his management. It is up to Fitzgerald to decide under what terms (if any) Jamie is offered a release from his current contract.

but surely, Parramatta could let manly talk to Lyon just like they are letting the Panthers.......if they aren't worried about him going to Manly then why not? instead of all this stupid girl's blouse antic's from Fitzgerald? :|

There is obviously some bad blood between Cleal, Fitzgerald & Smith. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Fitzy & Smith will do everything in their rights to ensure Lyon ends up anywhere BUT Manly. There have been alot of things going on behind the scenes that have also pi$$ed a few people off like the letter written to Brian Smith from Lyon which a few people suspect Manly had alot to do with.

ahhh well, I would love to see him here! but I won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t come. He isn’t the be all and end all of outside backs.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Caged Panther said:
it should be noted though that since that statement was released by penrith this morning their media manager has made a distinction between not in the market for and not interested his exact words were as follows

It's obvious that some of you have not read what was reported under LATEST NEWS.

What it says - as did our media release - is that we are "not in the market for him." It did not say that we were not interested

Ahhh....so if i read between the lines it's a waiting game now to see if Parra put Penrith back *in the market* for Lyons. Interesting...

Briza

Juniors
[/quote]

ahhh well, I would love to see him here! but I won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t come. He isn’t the be all and end all of outside backs.[/quote]

Too right, I'd rather Lyon stay away if it meant any dealings with that Scumback Fitzgerald.

Briza said:
ahhh well, I would love to see him here! but I won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t come. He isn’t the be all and end all of outside backs.

Too right, I'd rather Lyon stay away if it meant any dealings with that Scumback Fitzgerald.

Don't kid yourselves...you would be splashing your dacks if Lyon ended up at either of your clubs.

Lyon :arrow: Canberra.

You heard it here first (although I'll probably be wrong...)

Think about it. It's not a busy city life which he supposedly hated. Elliot has strong links to Smith who would help release him. Fitzgerald has said that he'd release him to any team outside of Sydney no questions asked. Plus we still have a fair bit under the crap with Ruben, Davico, Drew and Monas leaving.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Briza said:

Don't kid yourselves...you would be splashing your dacks if Lyon ended up at either of your clubs.

I never said i wouldn't, i just said that he isn't the be all and end all!

Comprehension isn't your strong point.....i can understand that!

Mayor_Quimby said:
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Briza said:

Typical Manly shite!!

ngap

Juniors
Grantwhy said:
don't forget that with a situation like this, if the player's new club is paying him less than his existing contract with his previous club, then the previous club has to pick up the difference.

Not in this case because he is walking away from the contract. It counts when the club release the player but have to keep paying his contract they signed to keep it up to the same level.
He is walking away from the contract so no-one is obliged to pay it.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Mayor_Quimby said:
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Briza said:

Typical Manly sh*te!!

hmmmm yeah :roll: :roll:

eagles4eva

First Grade
Leave him at Parra, as much as i hate parra and the good old day of the manly and parra battles ( thats been missing on the field) I think a player should honour his contract, if parra releases him to the panthers good luck to them.

But honestly, all this sh*t about manly causing Lyons to walk out on his contract, this guy is a adult not a child, the decision is his. Manly may tell him to jump off a bridge will he????

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
He won't be in Panther colours next season we can't afford him. Go to the Panthers official website and read the second story.

He would be a great replacement for our departing centres in Girdler and Whatuira but we simply cant afford him otherwise we would have kept Roberts or Whatuira.

Bomber

Bench
Grantwhy said:
Would it be:

a) $300,000 from the Salary Cap for his new club?
b) $200,000 from the Salary Cap for his new club?
c) $200,000 from the Salary Cap for his new club and $100,000 from the Salary Cap for Parramatta?
d) We all live in a yellow submarine

you still have 3 lifelines left.

Lock in d, eddie.......

t-ba

Post Whore
I hope somebody picks him up for next season. Jamie Lyon is too good not to be in the NRL.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Willow said:
Colonel Eel said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Colonel Eel said:
As Manly appear to be the instigators of his leaving then I'd rather see him anywhere than there.

Now that is inappropriate for a moderator on this forum to be claiming Manly are the reason he has walked out on Parra.

I'm not getting involved in the finger pointing about Why he should or shouldn't go to Manly.

That is a no evidence to suggest Manly have been in any way involved, and you know it.

I haven't said that they were - I have said that it appears that Manly may have been the instigators.

Sea_Eagles_Rock, it has nothing to do with the moderator tag and what is 'appropriate'. I'll thank you not use that again in an effort to score debate points.

Colonel Eel's post was his opinion and he is entitled to it. It looks like you just didn't agree with what he said.

Well I'm perfectly entitled to my opinion it is.....

I made my comments about it known. If you agree with me or not is irrelevant. It is my opinion.

My debate was not based only on this point. 'Thank you very much'...

As I said previously, there is no evidence Manly had anything to do with Jamie Lyon leaving Parramatta. I'll be glad to see that he is just in the NRL. I don't think he is the best centre in the world, but he is certainly a good one.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Since Penrith won't be able to have him he would feel right at home at the Wests Tigers - especially given we have money, young guns and well a heap of ex-eels whilst he was at the club not to mention it wouldn't be all that far for him to travel ;-)

Jordovski

Juniors
my eagle eye said:
Jamie could escape city life while living on the northern beaches. Terrey Hills, Duffy's Forest etc are all rural yet only 15-20 mins from Brookvale.

Yeah I know hey! Some people just can't fathom that. Part of the reason Andrew Walker went to Manly is because he bought a farm at Oxford Falls?? I can't remember, somewhere around there anyway.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Jordovski said:
my eagle eye said:
Jamie could escape city life while living on the northern beaches. Terrey Hills, Duffy's Forest etc are all rural yet only 15-20 mins from Brookvale.

Yeah I know hey! Some people just can't fathom that. Part of the reason Andrew Walker went to Manly is because he bought a farm at Oxford Falls?? I can't remember, somewhere around there anyway.

Yep correct, the fact that he could have I think its between 5 and 10 acres for his family and animals was a major bargaining tool. Real Estates in a low atm Jamie, better act now :D

Latest posts