What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon to Penrith not Manly

Thanks Colonel, $50 bucks in the mail. :lol:

See rainman your going crazy absolutely nothing has happened your seeing things.

The Colonel

Immortal
AdamH said:
Why do Parramatta want him to go to Penrith but? Why would they help out the Panthers?

Mick Kelly used to play for the Panthers and is Lyon's uncle. Kelly has approached the Eels for a release to Penrith as he feels that the semi-rural existence would be of benefit to Jamie if he stayed inb the NRL.

I don't know if the would help the Panthers out however, if push came to shove and they released him to Penrith I am sure they would pay a bit more of his contract rather than allow him to go to Manly.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I can't understand why Parra fans are so happy. An Australian test star would rather quit the game then play at the Eels. That cannot be a good sign for your club.

Tahu, Stringer, Morrison, Robinson and Riddell are a good sign for our club.

Right now he is seen more as a spoilt brat by many Parra fans and a clean start for both parties should be of benefit to both. As Manly appear to be the instigators of his leaving then I'd rather see him anywhere than there.

I'd like to see Lyon remain at Parramatta however he has already had a sook and gone home - whats to say if he doesn't like John Lang or Des Hasler, will he do the same thing?. Jamie Lyon should be in the NRL but he has a lot of growing up to do.

He has said all along through the media, his manager and his uncle that Smith was never the problem, he even enticed his mate Cannings to the club knowing full well that Smith would be there but if he had came out and said straight off the bat - "Smith is the problem" then I'd feel more empathy for the little prick right now.

Pantherjim.

Referee
McSharkie said:
Penrith can afford him?

From what I've heard from the powers that be.. No, we can't afford him. (You'd think we'd be able to from the money we've saved on Roberts and Whatuira's departures :roll: )

We've been told by our Media Manager that the recruitment team/talent scouts at panthers won't be looking at any "household name" players comming off contract, but rather reserve grade players that show potential.

If our recruitment team can pull it off, secure Lyon and still stay under the cap, I take my hat off to them!

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
[/quote]

As Manly appear to be the instigators of his leaving then I'd rather see him anywhere than there.

[/quote]

Now that is inappropriate for a moderator on this forum to be claiming Manly are the reason he has walked out on Parra.

I'm not getting involved in the finger pointing about Why he should or shouldn't go to Manly.

That is a no evidence to suggest Manly have been in any way involved, and you know it.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Colonel Eel said:
As Manly appear to be the instigators of his leaving then I'd rather see him anywhere than there.

Now that is inappropriate for a moderator on this forum to be claiming Manly are the reason he has walked out on Parra.

I'm not getting involved in the finger pointing about Why he should or shouldn't go to Manly.

That is a no evidence to suggest Manly have been in any way involved, and you know it.

I haven't said that they were - I have said that it appears that Manly may have been the instigators.

bartman

Immortal
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I knew you suckers would have to release him. I told you from day 1.

The Parramatta club doesn't have to do anything of the sort! It will release him only if it balances out to be in Parramatta's best interest.

Given that Lyon through his uncle/agent seems to want to play NRL for a team other than Parramatta, it would be silly of Parramatta to remain hopeful of the guy returning to the Eels team.

I suspect this whole Lyon saga created an understandibly big dent in player morale, and as a club it would seem prudent for Parramatta to have this ugly wound healed in time for season 2005.

fish

Juniors
It's so funny how the goose that is fitzgerald is now the hero to the slippery Plebs.....Hail the great leader!!!I really couldn't care if we get him or not,as SER said thou it is funny as f**k to see another player leave your diminishing club.....Parra have well an truely taken the mantle of Transit lounge and is a great option for players that don't want to go to England.Your club is a joke and would be better off doing a tour of the Comedy clubs around Sydney telling the fiction like stories of the recruiting prowess.

Briza

Juniors
Typical response from fitzgerald, schoolyard stuff indeed.
No wonder he left the club in the first place :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Colonel Eel said:

I haven't said that they were - I have said that it appears that Manly may have been the instigators.

Sea_Eagles_Rock, it has nothing to do with the moderator tag and what is 'appropriate'. I'll thank you not use that again in an effort to score debate points.

Colonel Eel's post was his opinion and he is entitled to it. It looks like you just didn't agree with what he said.

Big Mick

Referee
Penrith has to have money left. It just has too:

Ryan Girdler
Amos Roberts
Paul Whaitura
Martin Lang
Luke Harlen
Richard Fa'aoso
amongst others.

Plus Scott Sattler, Chris Hicks, Shane Elford and Steve Turner last year

We must have money left somewhere.

We made offers to Fatz and Mossy, that were larger than their original, so why can't we pool those together to get Lyon.

Penrith has the money under the cap, its just whether they want to use it. I said, if you can get Jamie Lyon....USE IT!

The Colonel

Immortal
Well it may be that Lyon won't come back next year after all if Penrith can't afford him.

But I'm with you Big Mick. If they can offer money to these blokes surely they can offer one player the $$ on a negotiated release.

fish

Juniors
You don't even know me.........That's sad to hate someone you don't know,I pitty you.

bartman

Immortal
AdamH said:
Penrith can't afford him and aren't after him according to acting CEO :cry:

But how often have we seen denials as actually the first step toward confirmation with regards to player signings over the years. (Puts others off the scent, and keeps the prices down. ;-) )

Latest posts