What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon to suspend decision until July

Pricey

Juniors

Brent Read June 10, 2006

FORMER Test centre Jamie Lyon is set to become the hottest off-contract player by delaying a decision on his future until after the June 30 anti-tampering deadline.

Lyon, now playing with English club St Helens, was expected to confirm his return to Parramatta next season.
But it emerged last night he has told his manager that he will choose an NRL club after hearing offers from all interested parties.
The latest development ensures Lyon will become the game's most-coveted commodity, with a host of clubs expected to vie for his services.
A number have already expressed an interest in the former Eels centre, including Canberra, Manly and St George Illawarra.
"If he did come on the market he would be someone we would look at for sure," Raiders' chief executive Simon Hawkins said last night.
"He's a talented player. He's from the country as well which always seems to help us."
Penrith is also expected to bid for the classy centre/five-eighth as a replacement for Gold Coast-bound Preston Campbell.
As Lyon pledged to go on the open market, Souths continued its build-up for next year by meeting Melbourne and New Zealand forward David Kidwell and arranging talks with Bulldogs' prop Roy Asotasi.

Eelectrica

Referee
The way I'm interpreting this is that he's not coming back.
Congratulation to either Penrith or Manly for securing him.
Guess we'll find out who on July 1st

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
You could see this happening... and for some reason i am not surprised :x

He is as good as gone to another team you would think

Gronk

Staff member
FFS, and to think that I conditioned myself to forgive him. :evil:

Morenito

Juniors
Sounds like his not coming now after all..

If he really wanted to make it up to us he would of signed by now. f**k him then...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pricey said:

Brent Read June 10, 2006

FORMER Test centre Jamie Lyon is set to become the hottest off-contract player by delaying a decision on his future until after the June 30 anti-tampering deadline.

Lyon, now playing with English club St Helens, was expected to confirm his return to Parramatta next season.
But it emerged last night he has told his manager that he will choose an NRL club after hearing offers from all interested parties.
The latest development ensures Lyon will become the game's most-coveted commodity, with a host of clubs expected to vie for his services.
A number have already expressed an interest in the former Eels centre, including Canberra, Manly and St George Illawarra.
"If he did come on the market he would be someone we would look at for sure," Raiders' chief executive Simon Hawkins said last night.
"He's a talented player. He's from the country as well which always seems to help us."
Penrith is also expected to bid for the classy centre/five-eighth as a replacement for Gold Coast-bound Preston Campbell.
As Lyon pledged to go on the open market, Souths continued its build-up for next year by meeting Melbourne and New Zealand forward David Kidwell and arranging talks with Bulldogs' prop Roy Asotasi.

is there a link to the story??

scottyeel

Bench
FFS, it puts the club in a position now of not chasing other players while we wait for Jamie to make his mind up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
as far as I'm concerned both Lyon and Mimis are greedy little grubs.

this will be my last post in relation to this prick, I'm moving on.

Eelectrica

Referee
It would be like Lyon to have already signed a contract with another team. Just waiting now until they can officially announce it.

pazzaeel

Juniors
3 things

1. he is unproven at 5/8 in the NRL
2. We have 2 more than competent 1st grade centres
3. i will be licking my lips when he runs out against us next year. Hindy will line him up.

the_eel

Juniors
Gronk said:
FFS, and to think that I conditioned myself to forgive him. :evil:

I'm with you gronk. I'll just have to recondition myself to hate the dirty little bastard again.:lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
just watch him use our season (both on and off the field) as his official excuse for "changing his mind"

dazeely

First Grade
bet if we were killing the opposition he be back in a hurry. things get tough and it all becomes too much for him.

MrT

Juniors
I hope the club pulls it's offer and chases other players. I also hope this doesn't mean Blake Green is leaving. How on earth can Manly afford him when they're only losing Kennedy and they will look to replace him with another foward.

He has already signed with a club, just can't be disclosed yet.
Well I wonder who our 5/8 will be if Morris doesn't stay